North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

*MN* - CED 2011 info/chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS
So to cut costs down (assuming I come up with the money to go)...can I just sleep in their parking lot in my car? lol

BTW, one more question, how many hours approx. is it to get there and how about those tolls...does one roll of quarters cover it? I've never gone past Road America so I have no idea what Illinois is like.
No sleeping in the parking lot there be plenty of room either on the floor or maybe an open bed.

It takes us about 7-8 hours I think from Hudson WI....we stop a few times for bathroom brakes, stretching, gas, food, etc... Were pretty open for stopping for whatever

We avoided most tolls last time so I'm guessing one roll may cover it but bring 2 if your worried. It couldn't hurt to have extra.

One more thing...will there be walkie talkies or what for communicating? Anything else I should know or plan to budget...I need to figure about what it will cost fuel wise as well so that I can make sure to over budget for this trip if I go.
Yep, we always bring walkie talkies. Were about the only group that does. Other groups just cant figure it out, LOL

Our Cobalts get pretty good mileage on the way out and back so it shouldn't set you back much. We set the cruise control at about 5mph over the limit and just hang on for the ride.

Other cost are just food, anything you like to drink, which you should just bring from the Twin Cities. You don't need to drink though.

Last edited by rallyracer; 01-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the responses Jeff...I did some quick math of my own and worst case scenario...I should make sure to have about $400 to $500 just in case...depending on if gas prices go up and how much/what I eat and whatever. That's a bit on the high side to just be safe but also includes the cost of buying a walkie talkie if nobody has one for me to borrow and figuring I will have to fill up a few times...plus when I get home so I have gas for work the next week. My car is only averaging 18-20 MPG right now which is the lowest ever...I've never had this bad of economy since I've owned it and I don't know if it's the tune or something else...I'm not running it that much really...but hopefully it's mostly a winter thing with running my car, additives in gas, etc.

It would be hard for me to maintain a steady speed though...no cruise.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 PM

Talking

Thanks for the responses Jeff...I did some quick math of my own and worst case scenario...I should make sure to have about $400 to $500 just in case...depending on if gas prices go up and how much/what I eat and whatever. That's a bit on the high side to just be safe but also includes the cost of buying a walkie talkie if nobody has one for me to borrow and figuring I will have to fill up a few times...plus when I get home so I have gas for work the next week. My car is only averaging 18-20 MPG right now which is the lowest ever...I've never had this bad of economy since I've owned it and I don't know if it's the tune or something else...I'm not running it that much really...but hopefully it's mostly a winter thing with running my car, additives in gas, etc.

It would be hard for me to maintain a steady speed though...no cruise.
pssh, who wants to maintain a steady speed? now now, don't be thinking I'm one of those ass-hat racer kids, I do know there is a time/ place to screw off on the freeway and do so responsibly.... haha

from what I've been hearing 200-300 has been the average unless you're going all out. I have an extra walkie you could borrow on the trip out. I'd just have to get it from you at the meet or whatever cause I don't know exatcly what time I'll be returning. I have a few friends to visit while I'm out there.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
if it turns out like last year, 1/2 the ppl will drop out from mn and 2 hotel rooms will work. We got 35 mpg on the way down and 32 on the way back. We set the cruise 5mph over the limit and leave it because in the pay we have been pulled over and ticketed. It was expensive to those who were driving and does not need to happen again. We have walkie talkies and someone usually has an extra, but the nicer ones are longer range and better. For tolls, like jeff said, 1 to 2 rolls of quarters should be good. The one thing I will say, be careful if you want to bring a kid or gf/wife. This is a car meet of 99% guys. Its, cars, *****, dirty talk all weekend. Also I have a *****.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 AM

I would also like to point out, we are the most organized group that attends this. Id like to keep it that way. The cruise downtown is a cluster **** of bs. Bring a gps and map. This is why we have walkie talkies, no one else ever has them at these meets. Also the hwy cruise is the same crazy bs cuz we have to pay tolls, but the locals have thee quick passes. I think we kinda skipped that last year. Get lots of sleep aswell.

Also because we are MN and I am a nut case we will be doing something crazy and not telling anyone until we show up. Please pm ideas to me an and jeff.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 AM

We'll plan our own route to Solider Field and keep the MN group together...**** the rest of the groups, they spit up and get lost.

Last edited by rallyracer; 01-19-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM

^ i got lost last year... i was being stupid tho
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
We'll plan our own route to the Solider Field and keep the MN group together...**** the rest of the groups, they spit up and get lost.
Yeah last year, got lost and went to a spot we shouldn't have been lol
Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 AM

would be kind cool if we went up in the Sears Tower...I've been up the the observatory level before but for those of you who haven't its something worth doing....plus they have these new skydeck thingys that you can walk out on

Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM

I would be down to do that, what day was it we didnt do anything after, like when we first got down there.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Friday is pretty much we sit at a 1/4 track...wait. go to hotel, wait, maybe cruise? idk if we are there early enough we should say F the 1/4 and go do sight seeing.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
Friday is pretty much we sit at a 1/4 track...wait. go to hotel, wait, maybe cruise? idk if we are there early enough we should say F the 1/4 and go do sight seeing.
I agree the 1/4 mile track was kinda boring
Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SILVER_SS/SC
I agree the 1/4 mile track was kinda boring
Ya it is, because we get there too late to participate. If it was a autox instead I would want to make it. As it sits tom wants autox on Thursday. I don't forsee the whole mn crew getting off Thursday and friday . I think we should do our own thing until dinner. Saturday is the main meet, then a break, dinnr and the downtown drive and picture thing. Sunday is wake up and drive home, remember I have to drive another 2 hours after we get to the tc hahah
Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 PM

I'd love to see P on one of those Sears Tower balconies.

I agree with skipping the drag strip. Stop at the hotel, drop **** off, car pool downtown and do **** there.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 PM

sounds like you guys are the legit crew, im about an hour outside of chicago, but maybe i should be meeting up with you guys friday morning lol
Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how early do you guys leave on friday? Should I stay in the cities thursday night so i can leave with you guys? And i'm going against your rule and bringing my fiance with...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM

^ nono, my gf of many years came last year and is coming again this year, so no broken rule there. Parnell might try to touch her inappropriately though... just giving you fore warning

i'm down w/ downtown. unless i do more crap to the car before this, i have no reason going to the strip.

and even if i do more to the car, i'll probably not want to go to the strip still anyways
Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by conerboner
how early do you guys leave on friday? Should I stay in the cities thursday night so i can leave with you guys? And i'm going against your rule and bringing my fiance with...
Ya it would be wise to stay in the tc Thursday night as we usually leave at like 7am. No no she can come I was just giving a warning that if kids or women don't like cars and imature men they probably will be pissed most the trip we have had some FUN ass ladies at the ced meet, hoffa's lady is one.

Originally Posted by hoffa
^ nono, my gf of many years came last year and is coming again this year, so no broken rule there. Parnell might try to touch her inappropriately though... just giving you fore warning

i'm down w/ downtown. unless i do more crap to the car before this, i have no reason going to the strip.

and even if i do more to the car, i'll probably not want to go to the strip still anyways
No one is immune to my *****!!! Hahah

Last edited by northvibe; 01-19-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cuda009
I'd love to see P on one of those Sears Tower balconies.

I agree with skipping the drag strip. Stop at the hotel, drop **** off, car pool downtown and do **** there.
Haha I. Could do a balcony I think.....

Ya good plan.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM

Usually Friday night is when everyone cruises down to Solider Field...but we can do whatever we want.

We could just do are own thing down town and then just head over the Solider Field after. That is if they plan on visiting that location again.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:40 AM

Ya that actually sounds good. We can tourism all Friday, eat downtown some where awesome then just have tom tell uss when they get to soldier field and meet up. Otherwise idk I was kinda bored at the hotel waiting for the chaos to figure out what they are doing
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 AM

I'll probably break off for an hour or so, I have a friend on Devon Ave, its about a mile west of 94 about a mile or two before the 94-90 merge. I'll probably break off on the cruise down and meet up at the hotel? or the drag strip?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 AM

if i decide to come i may be bringing a woman also... haha
Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM

are we meeting up with the WI guys and alex's gheytarded purple retro wannabe awesomeness?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
Haha I. Could do a balcony I think.....

Ya good plan.
You would freak the **** out, guaranteed. I would put money on it.

Quick Reply: *MN* - CED 2011 info/chat