Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   North East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/north-east-56/)
-   -   MA Mod Day! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/north-east-56/ma-mod-day-277001/)

Gremlin85 04-18-2012 04:02 PM

MA Mod Day!

Hello everyone!

The last Mod day went very well so Jeremy and I would like to hold another one, but first there were a few ground rules that weren’t laid out before that should have been. Also there will be a few changes to how they will be done.

Please read thoroughly...

The major issue was the clean up afterwards which was not clear and both Jeremy and I ended up cleaning up after people that we really shouldn’t have (pizza boxes, parts boxes, and random things like a hair dryer that was just lying around). I understand that the place is a shop but the respect was pushed when the owner of the shop came in afterwards and was a little annoyed with the additional “stuff” just lying around the shop. The new rule will be bring out what you brought in. Plain and simple and to the point

The next change as well is there will be a charge at the front door for $25 a person for whoever is working on their car. This will not be applied to people that want to just hang out. This cost will cover food, drink, the shop and also both Jeremy’s and I's time.

Also in addition to these changes for Mod days, I will be changing my rates on tunes and I will be now charging for re-tunes unless said otherwise. Me traveling for tunes and retunes will need advanced scheduling by at least one week. The new prices of tunes and re-tunes can be discussed in PM. If someone needs to use the shop PRIOR to a mod day there will be a different charge for that. If you want something done by Jeremy and/or I that will be $40 an hour. We are looking to start something up ourselves during the weekend at that shop in Lowell and we are giving everyone a heads up of how things will flow. That's all this is for now.

All the funds are going into investing in our OWN LOCAL DYNO. That's right, we are hoping to get a dyno in this place so we can upgrade from street tunes to dyno tunes (or both). We can then hold dyno days at discount prices. This opens up lots of possibilities and more flexibility with getting your car strapped to a dyno. Look out for future updates on this as Jeremy and I get this thing rolling!

The next mod day will be held on May 19th, 2012 and everything mentioned applies to this date.

Shop Location:
109 Industrial Ave
Lowell, MA 01852

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=109+in...gl=us&t=h&z=16

Feel free to post any suggestions or any dates you would like to see.

:cssNET:

LS6Rally 04-18-2012 04:04 PM

Maybe i can make this one. i still need to get my tune. car wont pass inspection :(

breds2k 04-18-2012 04:07 PM

nooooo! f u saturdays!!!! last mod meet v2 on sunday was fun and I got some great help from you guys, really appreciated it, im happy you guys are charging a bit its worth it! Wont make it unfortunately, its not economically right for me to take off a 12hr shift lose several hundred bucks and go work on the car, id love to but Kids>house>money>car.

Good luck with this meet! and holy shit will a dyno be popular if you guys set it up! and i apologize if I left anything there!

1AJeremyD 04-18-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by LS6Rally (Post 6452165)
Maybe i can make this one. i still need to get my tune. car wont pass inspection :(

Definitely come up! It was a blast and everyone involved had a great time.

Originally Posted by breds2k (Post 6452176)
nooooo! f u saturdays!!!! last mod meet v2 on sunday was fun and I got some great help from you guys, really appreciated it, im happy you guys are charging a bit its worth it! Wont make it unfortunately, its not economically right for me to take off a 12hr shift lose several hundred bucks and go work on the car, id love to but Kids>house>money>car.

Good luck with this meet! and holy shit will a dyno be popular if you guys set it up! and i apologize if I left anything there!

Well if people can't make the 19th and there is enough demand for the 20th, then I will do another one that day as well to help everyone out.

I really wanna try and make this a regularly occurring thing for everyone because I know how hard it is sometimes to first off find a spot to fix your car and then if you get in a jam you lose your cool and everything falls apart. By John and I doing this, you won't be on your own and trust me more heads is normally better than one in most situations. :twothumbs

The cost to use the shop is minimal and includes food and drink for lunch so you can't beat that!

wRcKLes 04-18-2012 11:08 PM

I can make this day :) finally somthing planned on my weekend off from work

mkulrey13 04-19-2012 06:54 AM

Pay to work on my own car..... no thanks. And my hair dryer i left in the "trash". I would have taken it if i knew that wasnt the "trash". Good luck guys!

09CobaltSS1 04-19-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13 (Post 6453608)
Pay to work on my own car..... no thanks. And my hair dryer i left in the "trash". I would have taken it if i knew that wasnt the "trash". Good luck guys!

Not to be a jerk, but $25 seems pretty reasonable to me if you're using someone elses shop, tools, and lift to work on your own car. Granted I wasn't there so I have no idea what everyone has availlabe to them, so I appologize if I'm at all off base here. Now on the other hand though, if you're paying $25 to work on your own car in the back parking lot with your own tools, then yeah.... that's a bit silly.

Gremlin85 04-19-2012 09:05 AM

The way this is going to work out is we'll have everything needed to do the work. Eventually, we hope to work all the way up to having a dyno to use and rent out.

The first mod day gave us an idea of what we can do to improve it for everyone. More tools, more jacks and stands, etc. The $25 makes sure that you're fed and thirst is quenched the whole time you're there as well as any tool you need - no wasted time going out to grab food or a drink or a tool and no upset mood because you're hungry or thirsty or need to go back to the store for a wrench. You'll have whatever tool you need and plenty of hands and help to move you along.

CmplXty 04-19-2012 09:25 AM

Paying 25 for a garage for the day plus food and drink is not at all unreasonable. More room for other cars then. I certainly hope to make it to all the other mod days! I've already got the day off from work for the 19th.

1AJeremyD 04-19-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13 (Post 6453608)

The "trash" pile was left in front of the bay NEXT to the one we were using, so logically it should have been put next to the trash can inside and not left outside to blow around.

1AJeremyD 04-19-2012 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1 (Post 6453671)
Not to be a jerk, but $25 seems pretty reasonable to me if you're using someone elses shop, tools, and lift to work on your own car. Granted I wasn't there so I have no idea what everyone has availlabe to them, so I appologize if I'm at all off base here. Now on the other hand though, if you're paying $25 to work on your own car in the back parking lot with your own tools, then yeah.... that's a bit silly.

Everything will be provided including lunch. The shop has air power along with several different things such as a press grinding wheel and a work bench. I will be picking up more jack stands and low profile jacks but the money needs to come from some place. $25 is a fair price for what we are asking for plus John and myself's time. I know there were plenty of people there that would have agreed to the charge both Saturday and Sunday.

CmplXty 04-19-2012 02:35 PM

I could understand if you're just doing an oil change, but if you wait to go to a mod day to do an oil change you're a tard lol. 25 is perfectly fine for someone helping you do a stage 2 upgrade or pulley upgrade shit like that takes a lot of time and effort and tools. I should hopefully be ordering my exhaust in the next week or so, so definitely throwin that bitch in on the 19th!

Intmd83r 04-19-2012 03:35 PM

Well a few people got their cars inside and were in there most the day. Cause they didn't care how long they took. While people like Steve got stuck doing his stuff outside when he was working on his car the whole time. I understand charging for big jobs. It was a pain in the ass when we went to go get pizza tho. I was just gonna paint a few things on mod day kinda not worth the $25 but I will still go to hangout and when I need to so something big I know where I can go for $25

Gremlin85 04-19-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Intmd83r (Post 6454417)
Well a few people got their cars inside and were in there most the day. Cause they didn't care how long they took. While people like Steve got stuck doing his stuff outside when he was working on his car the whole time. I understand charging for big jobs. It was a pain in the ass when we went to go get pizza tho. I was just gonna paint a few things on mod day kinda not worth the $25 but I will still go to hangout and when I need to so something big I know where I can go for $25

This is why when Steve meets up with us this time, I will be giving my full attention to his car. He got the shit end of the stick last time and he kept running into problems as well. I should have helped more and really have no excuses. My apologies.

1AJeremyD 04-19-2012 03:53 PM

http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15538.jpg

1AJeremyD 04-19-2012 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Intmd83r (Post 6454417)

Well as you have always told me doing anything in your complex is a big no no so I figured this would be ideal for you and anyone else limited by where they live to do anything to their cars. I would never expect someone to pay $25 to just come and paint their wheels lol.

Also with me working at a parts store/warehouse I can always check and see if we have in stock so you could get something the same day you need it for normally cheaper than what you find locally.

Gremlin85 04-19-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1AJeremyD (Post 6454486)
Well as you have always told me doing anything in your complex is a big no no so I figured this would be ideal for you and anyone else limited by where they live to do anything to their cars. I would never expect someone to pay $25 to just come and paint their wheels lol.

Also with me working at a parts store/warehouse I can always check and see if we have in stock so you could get something the same day you need it for normally cheaper than what you find locally.

Exactly.

And I think we should specify that if you come to hang out you are not going to have to pay $25, but the food will be going mainly to those who do contribute funds. If you decide you want to just paint something (wheels, parts, etc.) or debadge or do something simple like that, of course that's not going ot cost you $25 either.

The money is for those that require work to be done that needs a lot of time, attention and tools. Any extra goes DIRECTLY to funding the dyno.

Intmd83r 04-19-2012 06:22 PM

Cool. I might be painting then. Lol. I have No problems with $25 for big projects like transmission mounts when I get around to it and good to know i got a place when needed . $25 compared to fines or paying someone is nothing. Be nice to get a grill for there......

rekameohs_nire 04-19-2012 11:17 PM

I think this is a great idea. like myself there are other people that require the space, tools and most importantly knowledge to work on thier cars. 25 dollars is a very minimal cost and is very resonable for what is included. Jeremy and John are both great guys and really know their stuff and were an enormous help to me and others:twothumbs. Jeremy and Julienne were also very hospitable after the day was over. If anyone has an issue with this minimal cost you are stupid and we probably wouldnt enjoy your company anyway. :lol: I unfortunatly wont be able to make it to the 19th but I will definatly be coming to the next one. :cssNET:

1AJeremyD 04-20-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by rekameohs_nire (Post 6455190)
I think this is a great idea. like myself there are other people that require the space, tools and most importantly knowledge to work on thier cars. 25 dollars is a very minimal cost and is very resonable for what is included. Jeremy and John are both great guys and really know their stuff and were an enormous help to me and others:twothumbs. Jeremy and Julienne were also very hospitable after the day was over. If anyone has an issue with this minimal cost you are stupid and we probably wouldnt enjoy your company anyway. :lol: I unfortunatly wont be able to make it to the 19th but I will definatly be coming to the next one. :cssNET:

As I said to you via text, I will be more than happy to have you swing by the following weekend (May 26th or May 27) and we can get everything you needed done such as the engine mounts and get your wideband hooked back up. If anyone else would like to come up/down that day feel free to. The address will be added to the original post.

Gremlin85 04-20-2012 12:27 PM

Updated first post with shop address and Google Maps link!

CmplXty 04-20-2012 12:58 PM

Meh its cool that I was working alone. Figured out stuff for myself which was cool haha. I was just happy it didn't rain!

mkulrey13 04-21-2012 12:27 PM

I understand the stage upgrades..but for me to pay 25$ to install my intercooler and headlights using my own tools and jack/stands...kinda silly. I believe everyone used my tools and im missing half of them now.. i should start charging too... :lol: As for food. People should bring there own drinks or just pay for there own. You know your going there for the day..bring cash. lol Like i said i understand the idea but for people like me its not worth it. Then again all my "Major" upgrades for the most part are already done. I still support the idea, just dont expect 25$ from me if im doing silly upgrades lol. Ill throw money in for food obviously and give some towards a dyno though. Ill throw in more put my name on it :lol:

1AJeremyD 04-23-2012 02:27 PM

UPDATE:

So John and I have started to acquire some of the tools.

Our game plan is to have 3 tool KITS in total. That includes both Metric and SAE tool sets (It will consist of 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 socket sets with a complete wrench set) Specialty tools will of course be available but will be limited to one.

We are also purchasing enough jack stands for 3 cars to be completely off the ground and also getting 2 low profile jacks for all you guys who love to slam your cars lol. An engine brace will be in the works as well but that won't be purchased until we have a need for it.

I am also looking into getting a 4 post car lift to complement the Dyno we will be purchasing but it will be used for regular repairs only and will not be available during the Mod days as there has to be liability insurance on the people using it.

At this time we have one person coming on the 19th for mods/repairs. If anyone else is interested please post your name, date (if the 19th doesn't work), and what you would like to do. As I have said before, my schedule along with John's is very flexible as to when the shop is open because I live about 5mins away from it. Anyone and everyone is free to stop by and just hang out, I won't charge for air there if you don't have anything to do :lol:.

So Far:

Steve (CmplXty): Injector seals and tune -May 19th

Gremlin85 04-23-2012 03:01 PM

Everything has come together nicely so far and things are 100 times more efficient than the last mod day lol. Since Jeremy and Steve (CmplXty) cleaned up and organizing the shop, it's that much better :)

Theres been a lot of time, sweat and money put into this so far and it's for the benefit of all.