Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More News For Jersey Drivers

This time it's GOOD news!

Geico insurance is back in NJ!! YAY

http://www.geico.com/nj/index.htm

GEICO has some good news:
GEICO auto insurance now available in New Jersey
TRENTON, N.J., August 16, 2004 – New Jersey state officials this morning announced that GEICO has “good news” for state residents. They noted that beginning today GEICO will be selling private passenger automobile insurance in the state.

“This is a very exciting time for GEICO,” said Tony Nicely, GEICO chairman, president, and CEO. “We are extremely pleased to say that effective immediately New Jersey drivers can buy insurance on GEICO's Web site geico.com. Visionary thinking by state leadership and bi-partisan support of the legislature made this possible. New Jersey has found ways to balance consumer protection with a competitive marketplace.”

As the country’s largest direct writer of auto insurance, GEICO will issue policies through the Internet, providing consumers more choices quickly and efficiently. All sales, customer services and claim services will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

“GEICO’s innovative, Internet-based approach brings us closer to the modern auto insurance marketplace we set out to build,” said Holly C. Bakke, New Jersey Banking and Insurance Commissioner. “For too long New Jersey drivers have been teased by commercials offering great savings not offered to them because of their New Jersey location. Those days are over.”

She added, “The consumer-driven, competitive marketplace that we are building encourages carriers to be creative when enlisting new business. This is not the same marketplace it was two years ago. Carriers are beginning to develop different business models and they are marketing to consumers in unique ways.”

According to Robert Miller, GEICO senior vice president and head of Northeast and now New Jersey operations, “We are excited about our ability to now offer New Jersey consumers another choice in auto insurance. We are prepared to offer 24-7 sales and service with immediate policy quoting and binding for most consumers.”

Also on hand for the announcement from GEICO were Bill Roberts, executive vice president; Don Lyons, senior vice president; and Hank Nayden, vice president and legislative counsel. Warren Buffet, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, GEICO’s parent company, also took part in the press conference.

In just one year, New Jersey consumers have witnessed the auto insurance marketplace evolve from an unsatisfactory system to a consumer-directed, competitive environment. The auto insurance reforms enacted in June 2003 have produced real results for consumers.

GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is the fifth largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States. It provides auto insurance coverage for more than 5.6 million policyholders and insures more than 9.5 million vehicles.

GEICO and its affiliates (GEICO General, GEICO Indemnity and GEICO Casualty) enjoy the highest ratings in the industry for financial strength and claims-paying ability, including an “AAA” rating from Standard and Poor’s, “Aaa” from Moody’s and “A++” from A. M. Best. GEICO is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, headed by Warren Buffett, one of the country’s most successful investors.

GEICO employs more than 22,000 associates in 12 major U.S. locations: Washington, D.C.; Woodbury, N.Y.; Buffalo, N.Y.; Fredericksburg, Va.; Macon, Ga.; San Diego, Calif.; Dallas, Texas; Honolulu, Hawaii; Coralville, Iowa; Lakeland, Fla.; Virginia Beach, Va.; and Tucson, Ariz.

The company raised its public profile in recent years with an aggressive marketing and advertising campaign that keyed on the company’s ability to provide lower insurance rates due to its direct sales to the public.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:38 PM

bah, I'm not excited at all, Gieco gave me some outrageous insurance quotes. I mean $12,000 a year for a 2005 Mustang GT. I'm not even skretching the truth. I've heard of some people getting good rates from them though.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:52 AM

oh yeh my gf had it on her 97 cav convertible and the price sucked. shes got cheaper insurance on a 02 grand am gt with some other company now.