Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

Horrible Customer Service W/ OTTP

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a 100% miss with me, I will never do business with OTTP again..
Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by advise
X2000
way better then zzp
they maybe easier to get ahold of but there products are all chinese stuff
In the past month I've have 3 separate orders through zzp and each on I received within a weak, as well as status updates. Doesn't sound like ottp is quite that consistent
The following users liked this post:
Scythe_Snake (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive had great experience with ZZP.... and my recent purchase from OTTP went just as smooth as my experiences with ZZP. I don't think a few isolated instances make or break any reputable company.

Crap happens... people make mistakes. What separates a good company from a bad... is the fact of owning up to the mistake and making it right with their customer. If the customer is unwilling to allow the company to help them correct their mistake... then I blame the customer just as much as the company.

Ive seen most of the threads where someone was complaining about OTTP... Josh chimes in pretty much every time with a solution of some way. Some people accept his resolution... some don't. Im sure those that do ... are happier in the end.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinBrown
I understand that the parts are often drop shipped from the manufacturer. However, an order on 4/18/2016 with ZERO updates on a "Typically ships within 7 days" item, and five unreturned voice mails is the sign of a business going out of business.

I reported OTT to the Eastern Michigan BBB who has a F rating on them now (Sure wish that I would have checked before buying!)

I've found the same product from a nationally recognized seller and since I've purchased many thousands of $s of merchandise from them over the past 40 years, they sent an Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gear Set free of charge, and trust me to pay them when I receive my refund from OTTP. It always hurt me to buy from Ohio when I grew up in Michigan, but they have taken care of me very well over the years, and this is the icing on the cake.

As for OTTP, it's not working as a side business guys. Better get out before your legal problems become an avalanche.

Kevin joined here just to post this.....I was personally in contact with him via email and on the phone about once a week. He didn't have 5 unreturned voicemails and he got his parts on 5/11/16. I told him that it would most likely be longer than 7 days when he ordered the parts and he was fine with that.

As for a side business...they don't typically do a million dollars in sales a year.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
your parts are always top notch quality
worth the wait over our other **** vendors which i wont name
Old 06-05-2016, 07:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I ordered the upper trans mount a couple weeks ago and it got shipped out quickly, *I* can't really complain about anything...
Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have bought many parts from josh in the past never had an issue. Till this last order and the biggest over 3k. It's been the worst experience I'm still waiting on dual pass, k&n filter, and sway bar. I know I just add on the sway bar he did tell me it would be awhile for that. I'm OK with that but I ordered the other items since march. I have emailed and texted I cant get a response. The communication has been horrible idk why it has to be like this to get my items that are already paid for.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Murdered SS
I have bought many parts from josh in the past never had an issue. Till this last order and the biggest over 3k. It's been the worst experience I'm still waiting on dual pass, k&n filter, and sway bar. I know I just add on the sway bar he did tell me it would be awhile for that. I'm OK with that but I ordered the other items since march. I have emailed and texted I cant get a response. The communication has been horrible idk why it has to be like this to get my items that are already paid for.
Actually its been since 2/23/2014 when you originally started a TVS payment plan. You then switched it to a TURBO payment plan. It was supposed to be paid off in 12 months... after 12 months we normally charge a fee, after 18 months we charge another fee after 2 years you normally forfeit the payment plan. The only money you couldn't use is the original deposit for the TVS, it is not refundable or transferrable as you know. I didn't do that to you, you asked to change to a bunch of different parts and as they have come in I have shipped them. I have also responded to a lot of texts and emails and phone calls from you and have updated you that things are on order and the sway bars are being made.

Last edited by Josh@ottp; 06-07-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
Actually its been since 2/23/2014 when you originally started a TVS payment plan. You then switched it to a TURBO payment plan. It was supposed to be paid off in 12 months... after 12 months we normally charge a fee, after 18 months we charge another fee after 2 years you normally forfeit the payment plan. I didn't do that to you, you asked to change to a bunch of different parts and as they have come in I have shipped them. I have also responded to a lot of texts and emails and phone calls from you and have updated you that things are on order and the sway bars are being made.
As usual josh gets called out with a 1/2 truth and then shows everyone the truth.
Sounds like josh has done right by you bro. There isn't anywhere else you can get interest free financing like that. Go take a loan or CC if you want everything at once.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With half the truth it's wasn't half the truth. how is it free financing I didn't receive anything from him till I paid? Then when my car motor blew it was change of plans. Even so this Has been going on since being of march. The communication has been horrible from ottp. When I emailed or called didn't get a response till week later or till I started to call alot. I still haven't received everything. Josh you said like 1month ago that dualpass would be in 2 fridays ago. I email on the may 31 just asking how much longer and texted on the June 2nd. Still with no response. No matter how busy you are it's common curteousy to email or respond. It's still my money that I put in no matter how long it took. I would have just liked better communication and not waiting weeks at a time. It would have been ok with it if I could get a response. All I'm missing is the dualpass, kn filter. Then I will be out of your hair
Old 06-07-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Sounds like free financing doesn't seem worth it as a vendor. Should set up something with a credit company.

Let them deal with it.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We all have tough time. I couldn't pay right way had other responsibilities that started to happened famity is more important. Didn't wanted to or expected it to take as long as it did. That is my bad but my money was already there and could get a refund so what other choice did I have?
Old 06-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It seemed like a savings plan more like it cause financing I would have got the parts and then made payments. I also talked to Josh about it when the issues came up and told him. He was ok with it so I guess it's both are faults.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Agreed that it's a very strange arrangement. A deposit makes sense, but may as well save money yourself and pay all at once rather than "payment plans" where you don't get anything till the end. Live and learn I guess.
The following users liked this post:
ae_xiong (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by exninja
Agreed that it's a very strange arrangement. A deposit makes sense, but may as well save money yourself and pay all at once rather than "payment plans" where you don't get anything till the end. Live and learn I guess.
From my understanding, its so you can get the group buy prices without paying in full up front.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by double clutch
From my understanding, its so you can get the group buy prices without paying in full up front.
Exactly. You put down a deposit and lock in a cheaper price.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes true but I didn't get the special pricing either way and josh kept the 400 deposit. So it wasn't free I paid for the mistake I didn't get any special pricing. I paid whatever one else pays for the parts I got.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Buying **** you can't afford
Old 06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whatever you say bro. Lol I just want the parts I already paid for not free lol.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 PM

Hey guys I'm experiencing the same delayed shipping & no customer service contact with OTTP. I was in the market for a rear sway bar I was going to go with the Powell bar but that it was to much so I had it narrowed down to the OTTP hardcore bar & ZZP bar & I went with the OTTP hardcore bar. I placed my order over 2 weeks ago they withdrew my $ immediately however as of today my order still has not shipped & after four attempts both via email & text to Josh no one there has returned my message. I'm starting to get a little worried & I really hope I didn't get taken for over $200!!!!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Was it in stock?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:55 PM

No it was on back order & says that it typically ships with in 14 days which I knew when I placed my order so that's not what I'm worried about what I am worried about is the communication with OTTP there's been 0 replies to both my emails & texts. I've reached out to them about 4 times now with no response. It's been more than 14 days now since I placed my order & a simple we are working on your order or it will be shipped soon would be enough for me However it's the no communication that has me worried.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:24 PM

Seeing that they make their hardcore bar in house do you guys happen to know how long it takes ?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
You will be fine Doug maybe he has none left so he has to make them but Josh should get back to you no matter what. I know at times he's not the easiest guy to get a hold off
Old 07-06-2016, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the reply snail

Quick Reply: Horrible Customer Service W/ OTTP