Parts Buy and sell your parts

DO NOT BUY FROM Zach06CobaltSC

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gestapo007
Agreed, he didnt put the proper insurance on the package to cover its shipping, so he should pay the shipping out of pocket to give the customer the new part. It was his fault he didnt cover the shipping and now the customer is fucked. If he wants to be a good guy thats what hell do, if he wants to be an ass hell take the money and run. Think of how other vendors handle a situation when a customer receives a broken part.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlong3382
I think if you didn't put the proper insurence on the package when you shipped it, that should be your fault. A customer service mindeded "business" owner would see that.....and I'd say if you sold 5,000K in a month that could be considered a business.
I put the proper amount of insurance on the package, however since the UPS store wasn't the only people packaging it they will not insure it for damage.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:24 PM

usdm08 I can understand how you are upset but you need to start thinking about how you and zach fix this.
usdm08 you want a block that you can use (i am assuming to build) that has nothing wrong with it. Zach has asked what can he do to make this better for you. He said that he is willing to go get another block for you that is in good shape. If you don't talk to him he can't help you.
Now I dont know all of the details but I know you both can meet on the same page and get this resolved. You just need to keep a level head about this and work it out.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
Agreed, he didnt put the proper insurance on the package to cover its shipping, so he should pay the shipping out of pocket to give the customer the new part. It was his fault he didnt cover the shipping and now the customer is fucked. If he wants to be a good guy thats what hell do, if he wants to be an ass hell take the money and run. Think of how other vendors handle a situation when a customer receives a broken part.
You are assuming that I didn't put the proper insurance on it. He has the receipt with him, I paid for 1k insurance on the package but since ups wasn't the only people who packaged it, they labeled it customer packaging meaning they had nothing to do with it, it's only liable for lost/stolen. This is NOT my fault that ups is screwing me over. Companies make sellers return products for a refund all the time and they have to cover shipping back to that person. That block is worth a good amount still for aluminum scrap.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
I put the proper amount of insurance on the package, however since the UPS store wasn't the only people packaging it they will not insure it for damage.
You put the proper amount of insurence on the package but, by packaging it yourself you voided part of the insurence.......that's not UPS's fault nor is it your customer's......so who's fault is it.....
Old 05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

they do cover things that you package. they wouldnt offer insurance every time you ship something either. that explains everything also......liable or stolen only pretty much due to customer packaging.

You are assuming that I didn't put the proper insurance on it. He has the receipt with him, I paid for 1k insurance on the package but since ups wasn't the only people who packaged it, they labeled it customer packaging meaning they had nothing to do with it, it's only liable for lost/stolen. This is NOT my fault that ups is screwing me over. Companies make sellers return products for a refund all the time and they have to cover shipping back to that person. That block is worth a good amount still for aluminum scrap.
You didn't put the proper insurence on it. The proper insurence would have been $1000 for lost/stolen/damaged merchandise. It IS YOUR responablility as responceble seller to make sure all you bases are covered when you ship an item. Now beacuse you made the sale on a forum, which is not considered a true place of buisness, there's nothing your customer can really legally do about it.
Banned

Originally Posted by usdm08
i already told you im not sending you anymore money,im not paying 200 to ship the broken block back to you and then pay another 200 dollars to get the new one, thats 1000 dollars i have wasted on a bare block ,no thankz, you wanna resolve the problem think of a way without me sending you any money
So you are wanting me to lose out on another block and more shipping just to please you? You are not being reasonable. Meet me half way on this. I will assume half of the responsibility if you will take the other half. Split the shipping fee with me and I will send you a replacement block.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boosted_Cobalt09
they do cover things that you package. they wouldnt offer insurance every time you ship something either.
If a person packages it themselves and then insures it at a ups store location it is only for lost/stolen merchandise.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor

Then the responsibility lies on you. A cardboard box with bubble wrap stuffed in it isn't a safe solution for shipping a block... Every motor Ive bought and had shipped was strapped to a pallet and shipped via freight.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

If a person packages it themselves and then insures it at a ups store location it is only for lost/stolen merchandise.
idk man. not trying to stir drama but i package everything myself and it gets picked up from my shop by ups and delievered by ups. ive had damaged parts and i insure them up to they amount the customer paid and ive had a few broken things before and they have been covered every time. but in all honesty it might be something due to the "oversized package" or so ups calls it
Old 05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
Then the responsibility lies on you. A cardboard box with bubble wrap stuffed in it isn't a safe solution for shipping a block... Every motor Ive bought and had shipped was strapped to a pallet and shipped via freight.
I was told at the ups store that was they way they wanted to ship it was via the box and that they didn't do crate there. I was told it would be just fine in the box if packaged properly and we packaged it exactly as they wanted.

Matt do you think you will have those seats on wednesday? I really need them.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 05-09-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor

I was told at the ups store that was they way they wanted to ship it was via the box and that they didn't do crate there. I was told it would be just fine in the box if packaged properly and we packaged it exactly as they wanted.
Doesn't change the fact you should realize that is NOT an acceptable solution to ship a block over 1K miles.

So the other issues are the other shops fault and the shipping mess ups are on UPS... Time to get involved with your "business" if you ask me.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

you gotta remember like any insurance company ups doesnt care.they want **** done as cheap as possible. they are con artists. besides you should know ups doesnt give a **** about anything. but for future reference next time you ship something like that let me know and we will ship it out on a pallet from my dads place and you just pay for the shipping.

as for the recieving end end next time make sure to take pics of the beaten to hell packaging caused by the shipping and refuse the package until investigated by ups to show their cause of damage. they have no out then. on the shipping end make sure you take pictures of the box to show the condition.

for awhile my dads company was having a lot of issues with ups. he makes a lot of fragile parts(springs). some wire is so thin its easily damaged. we were having to take pictures of the box before shipping because they would end up at the customers building all mangled and with holes in them and such. then the customer would send us pictures and then they would go to ups to show their screw ups making them liable.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Ok ok ok how about this to make everyone happy. I just picked up another motor the other day from indiana. I will go ahead and tare it down over the next few days and then ship you out another block. I will cover the shipping and we will be square. Hows that sound usdm08?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:42 PM

After reading more

I say zach you should send him another block and you need to pay for the shipping. You will have to take a loss on this but it is a lot better then getting a bad rep on a site that makes you the most money like you said. Even if it was not your falt... **** happens.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobalt_ss187
After reading more

I say zach you should send him another block and you need to pay for the shipping. You will have to take a loss on this but it is a lot better then getting a bad rep on a site that makes you the most money like you said. Even if it was not your falt... **** happens.

As I said in the post above you I am willing to do this. I have another motor that I can take apart over the next few days and ship it out to him. If he will remove this post then I will send him another block. Seem fair?

you gotta remember like any insurance company ups doesnt care.they want **** done as cheap as possible. they are con artists. besides you should know ups doesnt give a **** about anything. but for future reference next time you ship something like that let me know and we will ship it out on a pallet from my dads place and you just pay for the shipping.

as for the recieving end end next time make sure to take pics of the beaten to hell packaging caused by the shipping and refuse the package until investigated by ups to show their cause of damage. they have no out then. on the shipping end make sure you take pictures of the box to show the condition.

for awhile my dads company was having a lot of issues with ups. he makes a lot of fragile parts(springs). some wire is so thin its easily damaged. we were having to take pictures of the box before shipping because they would end up at the customers building all mangled and with holes in them and such. then the customer would send us pictures and then they would go to ups to show their screw ups making them liable.
He took pictures of everything when he got it and when he opened it, still didn't help.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 05-09-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM

As I said in the post above you I am willing to do this. I have another motor that I can take apart over the next few days and ship it out to him. If he will remove this post then I will send him another block. Seem fair?
You ninja'd me
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Banned

usdm08 - If you remove this thread, I will ship you another block on my dime. Sound fair?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor

That sounds very fair! And I have to agree with ss187, you will take a loss but think of the long run advantage People like dealing with honest people that back themselves up!!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM

So you are wanting me to lose out on another block and more shipping just to please you? You are not being reasonable. Meet me half way on this. I will assume half of the responsibility if you will take the other half. Split the shipping fee with me and I will send you a replacement block.
You are obviously new to business ethics and logic. Your crying over $100, people all over the world who could be potential customers are viewing this. Don't you think that your loosing more than the $100!! Just ship him a new block and make it right. Unless UPS packaged the block, YOUR at fault if damaged. Insurance or NOT.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

well like i said if you wanna pay the shipping and a crate and i will ship the block to him for you. i deal with multiple freight companies so i can get quotes from them all. im willing to help you mend the patch which regardless of our differences and such im still willing to help...... just need the weight and then i had to add for the pallet and crate.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
You are obviously new to business ethics and logic. Your crying over $100, people all over the world who could be potential customers are viewing this. Don't you think that your loosing more than the $100!! Just ship him a new block and make it right. Unless UPS packaged the block, YOUR at fault if damaged. Insurance or NOT.
First off I am not a business, and in todays economy waking up to have to lose a grand is not fun. I don't know where you are getting 100 dollars but this is already going to be solved. I will ship him out another block and that will be that. I will eat a grand to please the forums, that to me is good business ethics.

well like i said if you wanna pay the shipping and a crate and i will ship the block to him for you. i deal with multiple freight companies so i can get quotes from them all. im willing to help you mend the patch which regardless of our differences and such im still willing to help...... just need the weight and then i had to add for the pallet and crate.

Sounds good to me Matt, get me some price quotes. Call the weight 120lbs, it will be a little less but thats a rough est. I will need insurance on it for damage also obviously. First I need to see if usdm08 likes these terms.

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
That sounds very fair! And I have to agree with ss187, you will take a loss but think of the long run advantage People like dealing with honest people that back themselves up!!
I am an honest person and back myself. I made a mistake not having ups package it up in the first place and I am willing to resolve the problem on my own dime. All I am asking is for this thread to be deleted so my reputation is not tarnished.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 05-09-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts

He took pictures of everything when he got it and when he opened it, still didn't help.
Seems fair to me.

For what it is worth, I have shipped engines several times and I build a wooden box just big enough for the engine and packing material. I have shipped these boxes by both UPS and FedEx (I prefer FedEx) and never has there been an issue as these wooden boxes are tough. I can't imagine putting an engine is a cardboard box and expecting it to arrive intact. I use 2x2 for the frame and 3/8ths plywood for the walls and way too many screws. Then I use styrofoam/bubble wrap to stop the engine from moving around. Yes it takes a bit of effort but I have never had an issue.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a fair resolution to me, hope you guys can work it out

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY FROM Zach06CobaltSC