Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

Ralliartist loves Holset

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
I can get it to spool, but it'll be laggy for a bit. I'd rather just twincharge it right now and go straight turbo later.
got ya
Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by D1sclaimer
He shouldn't have issues with spool with his tiny turbo...
a .70 ar turbo on the LSJ is a little laggy.

Originally Posted by ALL4GLH

Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ yea, that's the kind of power curve I'm looking to avoid. lol
Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
a .70 ar turbo on the LSJ is a little laggy.
Rev it out higher or make the motor more efficient.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Rev it out higher or make the motor more efficient.
I'm already revving to 8k and the motor is as efficient as can be with the port work and zzp cams!!!!!!!!!

hey, found the intercooler I'm going to use.

ETS (95-99) 2G DSM Eclipse/Talon 7" Street Intercooler [ 2GDSM_IC_7ST ]

4" thick core. Should be perfect. There's a few cobalt guys running it on the 3" core making over 400whp and it works great, mounts right up under the crash bar too!

Or this one... http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...R8+Intercooler

Last edited by ralliartist; 12-25-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 PM

July is a killer wait.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 PM

I'm going to be driving up to Michigan to let ZZP tune the car since they have the best experience with twincharging. They'll be using my laptop, so I'll just get them to show me everything to do so I can become confident myself in playing with the tune of such a monster.

I return from my deployment on the 4th of July. I'll be flying back to nebraska asap from there and probably be in nebraska for 3weeks or so depending of if I hit any bumps on the road to recovery.

Anyone have any reccomendations on Intercoolers? I really don't want to spend a **** load of money, but I don't want a pressure dropping piece of **** either.
Damn i see well i was wondering when you got back i wanted to get the Nebraska crew together and i wanted to see how imense the eastern crew is we only have a few cars out here. I also want to see your car in person... and possibly a race might break out also since it looked like you had two diffrent turbo's that you might try a bi-turbo setup or something complicated but unique like that.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
July is a killer wait.
lol, car has been sitting since july of '09. I miss my cobalt.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
Damn i see well i was wondering when you got back i wanted to get the Nebraska crew together and i wanted to see how imense the eastern crew is we only have a few cars out here. I also want to see your car in person... and possibly a race might break out also since it looked like you had two diffrent turbo's that you might try a bi-turbo setup or something complicated but unique like that.
Nah, that would be cool. But it's un-needed being that I can just use the M62. Why spend money on a small turbo and having to fabricate piping and what not when I can just use the blower?

A meet definitely sounds cool. We'll have to do it. There is more redlines/cobalts out in Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa than you think. It's just getting them all together is the problem.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:45 AM

Nah, that would be cool. But it's un-needed being that I can just use the M62. Why spend money on a small turbo and having to fabricate piping and what not when I can just use the blower?

A meet definitely sounds cool. We'll have to do it. There is more redlines/cobalts out in Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa than you think. It's just getting them all together is the problem.
Yea probably 10x what we have out west and i know what you mean though seeing a bi-turbo cobalt would be awesome seeing someone pull that off but yea i should really be settled in by july, but depend on where i buy my car from in Feb. I may make an earlier stop but we'll see what happens. One of the other Omaha members mentioned a sweet go-cart track we may have to set up a meet to go to sometime.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 AM

Did anyone notice that the turbo outlet exits straight into the firewall?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by elite_Cyborg
Just needs to be clocked.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 AM

We got that covered.

Shop LENOX 3" 76MM Carbide Grit Tungsten Hole Saw at Lowes.com
Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 AM

Here is how mine sat

Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 AM

Here is how mine sat

Yeah, theres about 8 bolts that you loosen that hold the compressor housing on, and you can reposition the compressor housing. You twist the housing to where you want it and then tighten the bolts back up. The term people use is clocking since you are twisting it like how a clock moves.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:46 AM

LOL, I just need to reclock it. It's a Vband so reclocking it is super easy. I think I'm going to do mine like yours though, point it down.

Can you post a picture from the back side of the motor looking directly at the turbo?

Yeah, theres about 8 bolts that you loosen that hold the compressor housing on, and you can reposition the compressor housing. You twist the housing to where you want it and then tighten the bolts back up. The term people use is clocking since you are twisting it like how a clock moves.
Mine is VBand. There is only 4 bolts on my exhaust housing.

Last edited by ralliartist; 12-21-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:27 AM

I don't think i have one.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:54 AM

I don't think i have one.
well that sucks. I'll be sure to take tons of pictures of mine.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Been a few months since I updated this thread, of course I've been deployed.

BUT.........I got great news today! It's only going to cost me $1050 to ship the cobalt from Savannah, GA to Bremehaven, Germany!!!!! That's a lot cheaper than the last quote I got that was 3500+. So looks like the cobalt will be for sure making it's way to Germany before the end of the year.

This is the best news I've received all year. I'm currently going through a pretty rough personal time (Divorce) and I've been down in the dumps and pretty silent on the forums because of it. So I'm pretty excited about this news because it'll be the only thing I have left to keep me from losing my sanity when I get done with this deployment.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM

BUT.........I got great news today! It's only going to cost me $1050 to ship the cobalt from Savannah, GA to Bremehaven, Germany!!!!! That's a lot cheaper than the last quote I got that was 3500+. So looks like the cobalt will be for sure making it's way to Germany before the end of the year.

This is the best news I've received all year. I'm currently going through a pretty rough personal time (Divorce) and I've been down in the dumps and pretty silent on the forums because of it. So I'm pretty excited about this news because it'll be the only thing I have left to keep me from losing my sanity when I get done with this deployment.

Great News to hear your cobalt will be with you again soon.

i know what its like to be on the road/ away from home and dealing with a nasty divorce. been there last year, its quite a shitty deal, but definitely having my car to play around with and a bunch of good friends and family definitely helped make things go a bit easier.

wish you all the best and hope things improve for you.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm so looking forward to getting back to the states and getting her running again, then driving up to ZZP to tune and finish anything up.

But I'm also just ready for a break from all this that I've been dealing with. I'm ready to ride that Busa and meet some new people back home. Well, I've known most of these chicks but I haven't really talked to them because I've been married. But my facebook has been blown up by all these chicks when they found out I'm getting divorced. lol
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm so looking forward to getting back to the states and getting her running again, then driving up to ZZP to tune and finish anything up.

But I'm also just ready for a break from all this that I've been dealing with. I'm ready to ride that Busa and meet some new people back home. Well, I've known most of these chicks but I haven't really talked to them because I've been married. But my facebook has been blown up by all these chicks when they found out I'm getting divorced. lol
Sounds too me like you are a very lucky man then, I hope the busa and the cobalt are as much as a chick magnet as your facebook is
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 PM

I wouldn't say magnet, but it's been fun to watch. lol
Old 04-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Man I know how you feel with the women situation as I'm going through a break up myself as of this week. Women can make ya wanna bash your head against the wall I know. But I'm doing the same as you just focusing on my ride, gym, paying off bills and hopefully have a good summer. Plus the bitches will always be there anyway so I'm sure you'll land back on your feet in no time. Good luck with your build man.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks man. I'm not worried about chicks, the Busa will make sure I get laid when I want to. lol. But I'm certainly looking forward to getting my car up and going again and posting up vids of smashing vettes and **** on the Nurburgring!

Quick Reply: Ralliartist loves Holset