Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2005 SS/SC No start/No crank/No radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SS/SC No start/No crank/No radio?

So I started having this issue a few days ago. Car was running one day, parked it for the night and now it wont start. Checked and noticed the battery voltage was low(9v), so I replaced the battery but that didn't seem to fix the issue.

When I turn the key, all the lights come on, and it seems normal but the car wont even try to crank. Almost like the clutch isn't pressed. I've heard about issues the clutch sensor(s), and need to know how exactly I should be checking them.

There is one odd thing. The radio won't ever light up or turn on? It is an aftermarket head unit that turned on just fine before, but now nothing. I'm wondering if this could somehow be related to the issue I'm having.

Edit: Just remembered, the key-less entry fob also wont do anything, I press any of the buttons and nothing happens. No lock, no unlock, no panic beeping, and no trunk.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:52 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
It sounds like you don't have power at all still. I would verify connections at the battery and check voltage of new battery. Go to the front and check to see if you have power at the jumper post on the fuse box. It's possible something didn't get connected right, you blew the main fuse in the trunk, or you have some sort of power drain. 9 volts is low for just a bad battery if it wasn't drained somehow.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
It sounds like you don't have power at all still. I would verify connections at the battery and check voltage of new battery. Go to the front and check to see if you have power at the jumper post on the fuse box. It's possible something didn't get connected right, you blew the main fuse in the trunk, or you have some sort of power drain. 9 volts is low for just a bad battery if it wasn't drained somehow.

I get 12+volts between the post and ground under the hood, also the interior lights come on, dash lights come on, and the climate control blower works so I am getting power to the car.