Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2006 LSJ engine per reduced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 LSJ engine per reduced.

A friend called me today and asked if I had encountered this problem before. He got the car at his shop with engine power reduced message and the usual cels. The weird part is he already changed the throttle, pedal, and checked the intake for leaks. I told him to check the wiring on the throttle, which he will do tomorrow. I went to check the car my self and it has a map sensor bolted on to the head and is reading nothing. Literally just sitting on A bracket on the head and basically reads nothing but the air outside the engine. As far as I am aware the LSJ only has 2 map sensors, the SC inlet map and the tmap at the manifold correct? He said that he unplugged that 3rd map sensor and the car went to EPR and plugged it back in and stayed that way. The car is on GM stage 2 as well.

Has anyone had a similar issue? And is there really a third map going nowhere? I'm no LSJ expert but I worked on a few before and never noticed that sensor there. Any help appreciated
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
That's the baro sensor.

Odd that it started acting up after he unplugged it but not after plugging it back in. He didn't accidentally swap the baro and map sensor connections (it can happen they're the same plug)
Old 10-25-2017, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
That's the baro sensor.

Odd that it started acting up after he unplugged it but not after plugging it back in. He didn't accidentally swap the baro and map sensor connections (it can happen they're the same plug)
Good to know, odd I never noticed it before on other LSJ cobalts.

I did notice the connector is the same. He said he had a GM tech come supposedly program the new pedal and throttle, and the "tech" unplugged it. He plugged them back in so maybe thats it. I have had dumber things cause problems before but that's one to check lol. Thanks will look out for that.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:48 PM

Plugs were on correct sensors and now has a new PCM and still doing the same thing. Weird thing is if you delete the cel and the car runs normal until you drive it over about 30 money or hit boost it goes back rep. It has new throttle new pedal and new PCM. I told my friend to tell the guy to sell it 😂
Old 11-13-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 131 Likes on 108 Posts
Same issue with my buddys. Drives fine until you boost in high rpms. Then pwr reduced. If we clear the code, he can do 3-4 pulls just fine but it will eventually throw again. We replaced the MAF, MAP, Baro, SCIP, throttle body, intake and supercharger gaskets. Next thing we are going to check is the harnesses.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Yea he is going to check the harness next but doesn't look like that might be it. The car will idle for a long time though.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having the same issue with my GM Staqe 2 with intake. Use to be intermittent, not any more. I've cleaned the throttle body and replace the lines to it. Replacing the fuel filter this weekend, its the original so its way over due. I guess if that doesn't work ill take to a shop.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by BLKLSJ
Having the same issue with my GM Staqe 2 with intake. Use to be intermittent, not any more. I've cleaned the throttle body and replace the lines to it. Replacing the fuel filter this weekend, its the original so its way over due. I guess if that doesn't work ill take to a shop.
Weird thing is everyone I have talked to about this seem to have him stage 2. Idk if that might be the issue
Old 11-19-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 131 Likes on 108 Posts
GMS2 or ZZP? My buddy has GMS2