Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2009 Turbo Misfire Code wont erase

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Turbo Misfire Code wont erase

Okay, so I didnt let the SS warm up enough when I leaned into it in 2nd gear. Immediatly the Car bogged down and misfires at 6800 RPM. My MIL flashes for a bout 3-5 secs and then turns solid and has been on since.

The next day I had a friend who had an old Equus 3030 (The very very basic obd2 diag. tool) scan the codes. Out pops p0300,p0303, p0304 and p0300 p0303, p0304. Same codes repeated 2x.

We tried to reset the MIL using the Equus 3030 but the lamp simply stayed on and when the Equus says that the MIL has been reset and we restart the motor, the codes flash back again. (Now I understand the MIL would come back on if my cylinders 3 and 4 were to misfire again, but the MIL never went off in the first place)

My car performance wise is stock except for the Trifecta Tune.

Is it because the Equus is running on old firmware that I cannot delete these codes properly? or Is it something else? Should I just disconnect the battery for 10 mins?

Sorry for a bit of a noob question.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM

I hate to be the first to tell you that you've likely caused engine damage in the order of one destroyed ring land. And since GM is on the prowl for non-factory ECM tunes...an astute tech is gonna find it and your warranty will be voided.

With all this said, pull your spark plugs, it is POSSIBLE you chunked a bit of one off and it safely exited your engine, but with a turbo in the way of a clean break, not likely. Again, sorry bro. All signs point to engine detonation.

EDIT

I wanted to add this.

P0300- Random Misfire

P0303- Cylinder 3 Misfire

P0304- Cylinder 4 Misfire

Gut would tell me you popped a head gasket, but these motors blow pistons before gaskets, any chance you can post a youtube vid of your engine idling maybe some revs under light boost?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by army_greywolf
I hate to be the first to tell you that you've likely caused engine damage in the order of one destroyed ring land. And since GM is on the prowl for non-factory ECM tunes...an astute tech is gonna find it and your warranty will be voided.

With all this said, pull your spark plugs, it is POSSIBLE you chunked a bit of one off and it safely exited your engine, but with a turbo in the way of a clean break, not likely. Again, sorry bro. All signs point to engine detonation.

EDIT

I wanted to add this.

P0300- Random Misfire

P0303- Cylinder 3 Misfire

P0304- Cylinder 4 Misfire

Gut would tell me you popped a head gasket, but these motors blow pistons before gaskets, any chance you can post a youtube vid of your engine idling maybe some revs under light boost?
ok i got 1 question for you... when it misfired did you no lift shift from 2-3rd with the trifecta?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh, this sounds bad. Was it infiniboost?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt
Oh, this sounds bad. Was it infiniboost?
well if he did a NLS then its not bad cause it happens to mine... plus vince recommends not to NLS with his tune anyways. however if you did it while NLS then just clear the codes by going to autozone or somewhere then u should be fine. i dont think theres anything wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Hey guys, I wasnt NLSing when it misfired. Not running the Infiniboost either. The car runs exactly the same way as it did before the misfire happend, so I dont think I could of done any huge damage, who knows.

The car is now at the local dealer and getting the codes read n possible repairs done. When I was there they had their gm scanner on the vehicle already. By the time I left, they had the car pulled into the bay and no one mentioned anything about my tune so Im hoping they will overlook it somehow.

Thanks for the response, I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Younggunna
Hey guys, I wasnt NLSing when it misfired. Not running the Infiniboost either. The car runs exactly the same way as it did before the misfire happend, so I dont think I could of done any huge damage, who knows.

The car is now at the local dealer and getting the codes read n possible repairs done. When I was there they had their gm scanner on the vehicle already. By the time I left, they had the car pulled into the bay and no one mentioned anything about my tune so Im hoping they will overlook it somehow.

Thanks for the response, I'll keep you guys updated.
well ive never had a misfire without doing NLS lol so im not sure what you did wrong