Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Don't listen to yourself when you want to trade-in your car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't listen to yourself when you want to trade-in your car...

So yesterday(sat), I go to Autozone to buy one of those "Pop's-A-Dent" things(got a few I wanted to try it out on), and I pull in tho the parking lot, and say to myself, self check-out why your reverse lights don't work... So I park my car, and pop the trunk to check the bulbs, bulbs are OK, so I pop the fuse panel in the car(not really sure what one is in control of the reverse lights), and start pullin' fuses for lights, all looked good, so I check the fuses under the hood, and all of them looked good??? So I say **** it, go inside Autozone and get the Pop's-A-Dent thing, buy it and leave, get in my car go to start, and guess what??? "NO START", "NOTHING", "NADDA ZILCH NOTHING", except for a pissed off owner now. So I calm down a little, and check somethings, like the fuses(all of them every single one inside the car and out), well I find a 2amp fuse for the ignition switch was blown(in the fuse panel inside the car), I go inside Autozone and get a new fuse, replace it, go to start it, same as before "NO START", "NOTHING", "NADDA ZILCH NOTHING", except for me being even more pissed off them before, check the ignition fuse again(it's fine). So I try a few things, I try setting the alarm waiting 10-15 minutes, nothing, try pulling the battery power and waiting 10-15 minutes, nothing, I get no click, or any sound like it's wants to crank. I had the battery tested last week, it was good, they tested it @ Autozone, it was good. Now it's starting to get dark, so auto lights are working, well when I shut them off(the auto light feature) with the ignition on, I can't scroll thru the DIC thing, it stays on "auto lights off". So I call 800-chev-usa, for them come take it to the dealer, they took it to Ed Morse Sawgrass, I'm talking to one of the salesmen about trading the 05' for an 08', and that is why I think the car is really doing this to me...if anybody might know what is wrong, or if you have any suggestions, please submit them...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:46 AM

autozone employees are very helpful...i would have asked for assistance before having it towed. an autozone is one of the best places to break down...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Those salesman knew you were weak and feeling down about your car lol. Those ********!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM

That sucks man. I was kinda hoping to hear how the pops a dent worked haha.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM

shoulda pulled out your owners manuel and looked at the diagram for the fuses and found the one for the reverse lights instead of just pulling random fuses. Also the diagram for the fuses is on the bottom of the lid as well...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
starter solenoid? is it clicking? that's a possibility.

it could possibly be bad. other than that, i dunno.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by nich7601
autozone employees are very helpful...i would have asked for assistance before having it towed. an autozone is one of the best places to break down...
Did that, and they seemed helpful, but it was like they didn't want to deal with it...

Originally Posted by FastSSinNH
I was going to post a how-to if it worked out good... LOL

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
shoulda pulled out your owners manuel and looked at the diagram for the fuses and found the one for the reverse lights instead of just pulling random fuses. Also the diagram for the fuses is on the bottom of the lid as well...
Did that after the thought, just make sure I got all the fuses in the right place, plus when I pulled that fuse it was good??? so I think the reason the reverse light don't work is in the switch @ the shifter???

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
starter solenoid? is it clicking? that's a possibility.

it could possibly be bad. other than that, i dunno.
it's possible, but the car never gave me any sign's that I could hear, it's in the dealers hands now, I going to the dealer in a little while to talk about the trade-in thing, I like the 08's... Plus this dealer is willing to get the specific car I want...

Last edited by Halfcent; 12-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM

does you security light come on when you try and turn the key? Thats what happened to mine its at the dealer now.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
slam the clutch pedal to the floor.

then start it.

bad clutch switch.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 PM

I tried slamming the clutch, and the alarm light was normal when I went to start it... And nothing worked... BUT I get a call from the service tech today and they said it looks like the PCM, they are going to try to change that and reprogram the computer... well there goes the 222WHP...But then the salesmen called after that and said that I'm approved for the trade, I just need $1000 for a down payment. Mom was going to lend it to me but we kinda got into a little spat(this time of year my family always had spats) and I wasn't even going to ask her for it. But I called my boss and asked if I could put it on the company credit card??? He said "I think we could do that", so tomorrow I'm going to get the car, and work something out with service to pay them over time for the 05' repair bill, and drive out of the dealer in the 08', then work something out on the over mileage thing on the lease on the 05'($5907.00 is what I owe in excessive mileage), I had 42000 mileage for the lease, thought I had 62000, but it was 42000, well the car has 75902 miles, so anybody with a lease, don't drive it...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 PM

geezow....thats a lot of miles to go over..good luck with the new ride.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by JimzSS
geezow....thats a lot of miles to go over..good luck with the new ride.
I know almost twice the allotted...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by RACIN_RANDY
I tried slamming the clutch, and the alarm light was normal when I went to start it... And nothing worked... BUT I get a call from the service tech today and they said it looks like the PCM, they are going to try to change that and reprogram the computer... well there goes the 222WHP...But then the salesmen called after that and said that I'm approved for the trade, I just need $1000 for a down payment. Mom was going to lend it to me but we kinda got into a little spat(this time of year my family always had spats) and I wasn't even going to ask her for it. But I called my boss and asked if I could put it on the company credit card??? He said "I think we could do that", so tomorrow I'm going to get the car, and work something out with service to pay them over time for the 05' repair bill, and drive out of the dealer in the 08', then work something out on the over mileage thing on the lease on the 05'($5907.00 is what I owe in excessive mileage), I had 42000 mileage for the lease, thought I had 62000, but it was 42000, well the car has 75902 miles, so anybody with a lease, don't drive it...
So you're getting a new SS/TC?? Not bad.

Watch out for lease overages, that **** will kill you.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:46 PM

your lack of (.) made me go out of breath reading that. looool
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM

I had the same thing happen to me....had it towed by the 1-800-gm #
had gf pick me up and I locked the keys in by accident...used the spare set she had and it started. Tried the first set of keys again and nothing.
The key de coded itself or the car no longer recognized it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
your lack of (.) made me go out of breath reading that. looool
there were enough (,) in there to take a breath LOL... but yea I tend to run on even when I talk... LOL

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
So you're getting a new SS/TC?? Not bad.

Watch out for lease overages, that **** will kill you.
yea, if I get it I'll be a towers this Friday..., AND I'LL NEVER LEASE A CAR AGEIN!!!

Originally Posted by JimzSS
I had the same thing happen to me....had it towed by the 1-800-gm #
had gf pick me up and I locked the keys in by accident...used the spare set she had and it started. Tried the first set of keys again and nothing.
The key de coded itself or the car no longer recognized it.
when I was at the dealer(after I had it towed there), I had my second set of keys, and just for the goof I tried to start it, no luck...

Last edited by RACIN_RANDY; 12-09-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 AM

ah, well good luck with the new ride and make sure you atleast say goodbye to the old girl.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:13 AM

my reverse lights just went out the other month. changed the bulbs, nothing. changed the fuse, nothing. It was actually a bad switch thing (forget the actual name of the part haha) underneath the car that gets switched on when you put the car in reverse. It took them like ten minutes to replace. no biggie.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM

I need to get out of work to pick up my new car... boss is away seeing customers up north Fl, and I'm in the office alone, so I have to wait till 5:00 p.m. then mom is taking me over there, to pick it up, and to I'll be working something out with the service writer. Anyone want an 05' "STOCK" Cobalt SS w/75902 miles, loaded except for the G85 package, just look at my sig for more info??? I told the salesmen that I knew someone that would buy my old ride(Approx $11,500.00-$12,000.00 for it, probalbey could get it for less, but then agein it's still stock), and he said he would be able to keep the car ther for 2-3 weeks. So it's at Ed Morse Sawgrass Auto Mall, in Davie...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM

I got a feeling that is whats gonna happen next to the car. It won't start. Since I took it to the dealer for the power steering I've had one electrical glitch after another, I know they forgot something somewhere, or just knocked a wire semi loose or broken I just can't find it.....
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Well got the new ride, it handles good, has some acceleration, love the traction control, there are only few things I don't like... one is the payments went up $67.00, but it's NOT a lease. Two wasn't the color I wanted, I wanted black. And third it says Pontiac, G6, It's white, upgraded base model, has a few toys in it, I'll check them out tomorrow. Now I don't owe $5900.00 for my over mileage, I don't owe for a car I wouldn't be able to afford once the lease was up, and I don't owe the dealer $922.00 for a repair bill. The repair bill was for replacing the PCM, and reprogramming, in the Cobalt(I would have lost the 222WHP the car had, so it wouldn't have felt like the same car. A good thing is like this time next year I should be able to get an SS/TC, the way I want, there will be more moddifing items to get for the SS/TC. I just have to get use to not looking for a clutch pedel when I go to start it, but the G6 has Remote Start, I like, I like.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:37 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Nice upgrade dude. Enjoy the new car, take good care of it. Lemme know next time you are gonna be at Towers, I'd like to scan it with HPT and see whats up with the newer PCMs.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:52 AM

thanks, it's like a side grade, not an upgrade, I should be there this friday...
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by FastSSinNH
I got one for my car and man that stuff really works. I forget what kind I have, but it said it could pull grapefruit size dents out and it did. My old Cobalt (06 LS) pretty much had a giant dent from the driver door to the quarter panel and it got rid of 90% of them. Didn't work on the creases though.