Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

05 need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 need help

Changed the engine in my 05 now car want staRT OFF THE KEY its not getting power to the solenoid Also getting eng pwr reduced where should i start i used my old intake and tb off my old engine which snapped the rod on the #1 piston so i know the tb and intake is good anyone have any advice? where should i start?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Start by rewriting this sentence so that way we can understand what you're trying to say.

Only thing I understood was, you put a new engine in your car and now it won't work?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Learn to read.

Maybe you should learn to read before you offer someone advice. Who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket or is it a gerbal?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 AM

Learn to read

Idiot
Originally Posted by tylerjclance
Start by rewriting this sentence so that way we can understand what you're trying to say.

Maybe you should learn to read before offering anyone advice. Also who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket or a gerbal somewhere it shouldnt be?
Only thing I understood was, you put a new engine in your car and now it won't work?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check all the fuses,start with ign and emiss fuse.
Starter not engaging or engine not turning over?
Or engine turning over but not starting?
Did you use the same pcm or the one from the new motor?
Im not 100% on exactly what you mean.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM

Thanx

I used the pcm that was already in the car. I went through and double checked all fuses and wiring today. I found a ground wire behind the intake that wasn't getting a good connection. The bolt was to long. After correcting that issue the car will start as soon as you touch the key; leaving me with ENG PWR REDUCED I didnt find any blown fuses or shorted out wires. I did find that one of the bolts for the intake had been broken off and was left in the block. Can this be causing my problem? If not what next?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 AM

Check for codes,if your getting the engine power reduced I would think the cel light is on.

With the new motor and original pcm you will probably need the variation learn redone on the pcm for the crank sensor.This needs to be done at the dealership with a tech II.

As far as the intake bolt broken ,I think a air leak would be your concern and a p107 or one of the other codes for unmetered air entering the system.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM

p2101 and p1516

Ok had the car put on computer today and its throwing these codes p2101 and p1516 From what I can find its something to do with the throttle actuator? Anyone have any ideas? Does the intake and throttle body use regular flat one piece gasket or are they an o-ring type set up? I would gratly appreciate any advice given and thanks for your time.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 PM

Did you clean the throttle body befpre install,if so how did you clean it?if you sprayed solvent into the tb the solvent could of got into the position sensors and buggered them up! Meaning it will need to be replaced.

Or could have a connector problem on the throttle body or a wire problem, check the connector and pins
And follow the wires back to the pcm to make sure everything is fine( no shorting to ground due to pinched or chaffed wires)
On the connector inspect the wires where they go into the connector to make sure they are still securely
Crimped( the fine wires can break there from flexingto much)

Last edited by Coblasts; 10-04-2011 at 11:43 AM.