Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Catless (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/catless-245427/)

Mike08ss/tc 03-22-2011 08:21 PM

Catless

I am catless and I have not deleted code from my ecu but i dont get any codes. Could i get my car inspected in NY with out having that code deleted even though there is no HIstory for a catless code. They just plug it in a scan, them looking at it is no biggey.

thanks
mike

BartSS 03-23-2011 01:19 PM

it will come up sooner or later

shadowfaxss 03-23-2011 01:38 PM

Depends on which of the readiness monitors the state accepts and how many are allowed to fail. In PA you can have one readiness monitor fail and still pass the emmissions portion of the state inspection.
Even if you set the HO2 so the check engine light does not come on it will be picked up by their scanner.

northvibe 03-23-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike08ss/tc (Post 5651940)
I am catless and I have not deleted code from my ecu but i dont get any codes. Could i get my car inspected in NY with out having that code deleted even though there is no HIstory for a catless code. They just plug it in a scan, them looking at it is no biggey.

thanks
mike

you have a cel but dont get a cel? I guess I'm confused here. If they put a sniffer sensor thing on yoru exhaust they will notice right away you dont have a cat. depends on what the test for etc.

Mike08ss/tc 03-23-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe (Post 5653725)
you have a cel but dont get a cel? I guess I'm confused here. If they put a sniffer sensor thing on yoru exhaust they will notice right away you dont have a cat. depends on what the test for etc.

i dont have a cel at all. sorry my bad. They dont do the sniffer in NY its just scanning it.

Supercharged Guy 03-23-2011 02:39 PM

If it passes the look test you should be good haha

Just go to a buddy that has a shop and you will be fine

------lick and stick----- :lol:

Mike08ss/tc 03-23-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy (Post 5653864)
If it passes the look test you should be good haha

Just go to a buddy that has a shop and you will be fine

------lick and stick----- :lol:

i work at a Gm garage so i am fine on the part. Im just worried about the computer part

northvibe 03-23-2011 02:44 PM

if you dont have a cel and they only scan then you should be fine. Now if you had a cel previously and have not cleared it from your pcm history, you should do that before hand.

Mike08ss/tc 03-23-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe (Post 5653887)
if you dont have a cel and they only scan then you should be fine. Now if you had a cel previously and have not cleared it from your pcm history, you should do that before hand.

Does it carry over on history from each ecu. Because on my tuned one it throws the code every once in awhile but my stock one does not throw a code.

elecblue06 03-23-2011 06:42 PM

who did your tune? just get them to shut it off and you wont have to worry

Mike08ss/tc 03-23-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06 (Post 5654595)
who did your tune? just get them to shut it off and you wont have to worry

I would but my car has a 2010 inspection sticker on it. That would require me to drive