Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Door locks wont lock with remote or door buttons (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/door-locks-wont-lock-remote-door-buttons-206739/)

murph909 03-04-2010 06:53 PM

Door locks wont lock with remote or door buttons

2006 sedan lt, Just bought it. The lock button on the remote never worked but the doors did lock earlier today, and now they wont lock. I can unlock them with the remote no problem, and they lock automatically when I go into drive, but not when im parked. If I push the little knob on the door down (locking it) and then click lock on the door, it unlocks the doors. A little confused...

Ive read that there is issues with this with this year of cobalts, but never read what can be done.

Also, the check engine, t/c, and abs lights are all on, I am waiting for a chance to get it scanned but was curious if this could all be one problem or what, and I just had a part replaced on the control arm of each side (cant remember exactly what, part was 25 each, one on each side). would they be on from those needing replacement? the mechanic that my buddy took it to didnt scan it so he wouldnt have cleared codes neither.

murph909 03-05-2010 08:20 PM

bumpin

blitzed~beretta 03-06-2010 10:56 AM

all the lights could be caused by one issue. abs and trac lights always come on for the same thing. ses may or may not be directly related to that problem.

do you have your key in the ignition while you are trying to lock it? I believe that thing would have lockout protection where it will unlock the door unless the key is out of the ignition. take the key out, see what works and what don't.

murph909 03-06-2010 11:16 PM

I havent got the lights checked yet, waiting on paper work to drive it, should be this week i get them looked at. Would the engine light come on from low oil?

No, the key isnt in the ignition. Ive tried everything from key in ignition to sitting in driver seat to out the door to far away (not too far obviously) and it wont work. This is waht happens as of this reply..
I can unlock, open trunk, and set panic alarm off with remote. If i hold the lock key down long enough it will normally lock (after 30-45 seconds!) but then will again unlock at some point within the next few hours on its own. Inside controls on doors are similar situation. When I do click to lock, a light flashes next to the guages that shows a lock and a key or car or something, its hard to make out. Is the car assuming the key is in ignition even though it isnt? confused

blitzed~beretta 03-06-2010 11:58 PM

that light looks like a car with a padlock wrapped around it. that would be your security/content theft deterrent light. could have some type of issues with your fobs or keys causing your issue, unfortunatly, i can't really help a whole lot without having the car in front of me and a tech2 in my hand. how many km are on it? take it in for warranty, they should be able to fix it.

I don't recall a ses being able to turn on due to low oil. you would just get a low oil message in the dic.

murph909 03-07-2010 12:26 AM

117000, which im taking it is not under warranty anymore? wasnt provided that information so im not sure how the warranty works

TommyP 03-07-2010 12:34 AM

yep, that's out of warrenty.

murph909 03-07-2010 10:48 AM

so any ideas on how to fix it? jw cuz i know theres been a lot of people with similar problems from what ive read online.. i can live without it for the time being, nobody steals cars here and i dont have anything valuable, plus sometimes the alarm randomly goes off too, but ive read of it locking people in/out and would much rather not experience that..

wdean2341 02-03-2019 10:59 AM

I had a problem with locks and doors not opening when I got my used 06 SS which I had to rebuild the engine, mostly and had been sitting for 18 months. More than likely the components are dry. Hit with some WD40 or Liquid Wrench. Solved my problem nearly instantly