Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Electrical problem? help please (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/electrical-problem-help-please-253735/)

bernandovelasquez 06-16-2011 09:08 PM

Electrical problem? help please

so I was driving today and all of a sudden my power steering went, and my gauges stopped working and so as the AC, then i notice all of the options where you can see your coolant temp were all showing 0 or nothing at all, can anyone help me with this? I Tried the battery pull for thirty minutes and still nothing. also when I turn the key the car doesn't start until about the third try, and I notice that the alarm security symbol on the dash is always lit even while the car is on, does anyone know what can cause this?

bernandovelasquez 06-16-2011 09:33 PM

bump for some help, I'm wondering now if it is a ECU problem..

denlou 06-16-2011 09:36 PM

Probably your body controller since it's affecting so many things but not affecting your cars ability to run.

PS - Don't be a douche and bump your own post 20 minutes later...

bernandovelasquez 06-16-2011 10:03 PM

I looked it up, I guess you are talking about the BCM, my question is, does it have to be programmed specifically to my car? or can I get one from another car and swap it out?

bernandovelasquez 06-16-2011 10:34 PM

bump

Coblasts 06-16-2011 10:37 PM

Reseat your ecm connectors sound like one of the connectors might be loose.

Worth a try anyway!

Also reseat relay in under hood fuse box.

If you have alot of junk on your keyring remove them to ,could be a ignition problem.

Another thing every thing you listed recives power through the run crank relay (underhood fuse box)and then goes through the
IP/IGN fuse it 20 amps (underhood fuse box) and then to the BCM to be distributed to the things you listed ,pull both out and reseat them as well!

denlou 06-17-2011 12:58 AM

Don't help the moron who feels the need to bump his post every 20 minutes.

Follow common forum etiquette, we'll see your post whether it's at the top or not; Nobody on here cares how urgent your problem is nor will bumping it help you get a faster response.

bernandovelasquez 06-17-2011 08:52 AM

Thanks alot Coblats, I will try exactly what u mentioned.

Coblasts 06-17-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by denlou (Post 5858548)
Don't help the moron who feels the need to bump his post every 20 minutes.

Follow common forum etiquette, we'll see your post whether it's at the top or not; Nobody on here cares how urgent your problem is nor will bumping it help you get a faster response.

I do not see a Moderator title by your name so your input on the matter is unwarranted.
It is important to him ,his cars not working properly.

denlou 06-17-2011 08:27 PM

Don't need a moderator title to promote common forum etiquette/courtesy...

Coblasts 06-17-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by denlou (Post 5860147)
Don't need a moderator title to promote common forum etiquette/courtesy...

Nice of you to bump this thread back to the top for him.

And you spew fourm etiqutte and courtesy while name calling in the thread which is a violation of the same.
You are no better than the poster ,according to your fourm etiquette rants.

cobalt2010 06-17-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Coblasts (Post 5860229)
Nice of you to bump this thread back to the top for him.

And you spew fourm etiqutte and courtesy while name calling in the thread which is a violation of the same.
You are no better than the poster ,according to your fourm etiquette rants.

^^ said person here has a point. no point in calling someone a douche because they need help with their car. THATS WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR!
/thread

G-Rich 06-21-2011 11:35 PM

I have had mine fixed for this last year. It just did it to me again randomly. I have an 08 2.2 where would I find the ECM connector. Probably a noob question, but I want to learn. Thanks.

Coblasts 06-22-2011 08:08 AM

Not sure on a 2.2 but on a 2.0 its in front of the fuse box under the hood.

bernandovelasquez 06-23-2011 03:56 PM

Hey Coblast, thanks for your support, I did the relay resets and my car has been driving perfect for the last week now, Im no tech I would have never guessed to do that.. thanks again for your help.

FIXED!

bernandovelasquez 06-23-2011 03:58 PM

I am sure someone who thinks they have a electrical problem can try the same thing after reading this post now.

Coblasts 06-23-2011 06:50 PM

Your welcome!