Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Aftermarket sound system (stock pioneer) 07 SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket sound system (stock pioneer) 07 SS

So I have a set of 10" subs that I am trying to set up in my 07 ss. This car has the pioneer sound system with the dreadful factory sub. On my harness I have the pink connected to blue with a white stripe and this is the only way I can have sound playing. The subs I'm running aren't being powered by the factory amp because I'm trying to use another amp. With my aftermarket amp I have read around and found people saying that a direct connection for the remote line to a fuse should power the amp correctly and you should be able to bypass the issue I was having of no sound and not being able to power both of the amps. After trying that method I'm finding the subs aren't pounding nearly as hard as they should be and the noise isn't quite right. I should also add that I have an aftermarket JVC stereo that I already fought with to make work. If anybody has any fixes/ suggestions anything would help. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:57 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
if you have an aftermarket deck its very simple, wire the remote connection from the amp to the remote wire on the deck (should be a blue or blue/white wire), and a set of rca's from the sub output on the deck to the input on the amp.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
if you have an aftermarket deck its very simple, wire the remote connection from the amp to the remote wire on the deck (should be a blue or blue/white wire), and a set of rca's from the sub output on the deck to the input on the amp.
I've atttempted what you said above, the subs are working but I have no actual audio coming from the speakers to match it. I've read around that the speakers run off of the factory amp and I presume the issue is that I have no remote line going to the factory amp. This is confusing me because I have set up subs and this exact stereo the exact same way in other vehicles with no troubles ever. Thanks