Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Squeeeekkkkk

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeeeekkkkk

There is this squeeaak coming from the trunk some where...I have tryed to find it, but I didnt. it is a HIGH pitch squeeaak anyone have this??????

Last edited by CelphTitled; 05-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 PM

i kno i have alittle noise coming from the trunk when i hit a bump or something I think its the sub box thats built in the trunk it makes a squeaky noise
Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Ok this may sound wierd but maybe not...Im hearing a tap tap tap sound from my trunk..it happans at odd times, nothing usuall like bumps or anything. I mean i caould be sitting at a red light for 2 minutes stoped and all of a sudden...TAP TAP TAP..first time i thought someone was knocking my trunk from the outside but ****, no one around..then i checked by trunk for bodies(lol) im seroius by the way...empty..this happans like 3x a week...anybody else have this or am i just haunted..its always in 3s!! im scared
Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by xdjstylz330x
Ok this may sound wierd but maybe not...Im hearing a tap tap tap sound from my trunk..it happans at odd times, nothing usuall like bumps or anything. I mean i caould be sitting at a red light for 2 minutes stoped and all of a sudden...TAP TAP TAP..first time i thought someone was knocking my trunk from the outside but ****, no one around..then i checked by trunk for bodies(lol) im seroius by the way...empty..this happans like 3x a week...anybody else have this or am i just haunted..its always in 3s!! im scared
I have experienced this also plenty of times...first time I was parked and I thought someone was tryna mess with me got out looked around my car..no one was around id like to know this too its weird and sounds so much like someone is literally tapping on ur car its not a faint tap its a tap tap tap like someone is trying to get your attention
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by tyler41390
I have experienced this also plenty of times...first time I was parked and I thought someone was tryna mess with me got out looked around my car..no one was around id like to know this too its weird and sounds so much like someone is literally tapping on ur car its not a faint tap its a tap tap tap like someone is trying to get your attention
Yep I was actually going to make a thread about this. I hear a tap tap tap noise from time to time its ******* weird I have no idea what it is as of now. I'll check the shop computer when i go to work again to see if I can find anything for the cause. I can care less about it but I'm just curious what the hell it is.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 PM

My girlfriend I also have the Tapping in both our G5/Cobalt, seems like every time we do a complete stop it happens.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

tapping is evap
Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 AM

from what the gas tank? idk but it sounds like its hitting the top of the trunk or the rear quarter panels.. its so friggen noticable tho. I can see if it was a quiet tap but this is like I knocked on your car. But y moslty on stops..or right after takeoff sometimes.