Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

ho2 sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ho2 sensor questions

well i tried getting my inspection and my ho2 sensor wasnt ready.....asked them why and all they said was its cold...to drive around and bring it back. so i drove idk like 30 miles came back same ****...

wondering wats the fix for this i have no codes and car drives fine so any help is very apreciated

thanks in advance
Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 PM

hmmm thats weird may be you have a sensor going bad the rear o2 sensor has an open circut for like the first 15 min of starting the car or untill it reaches a certian temp...then it switchs to a closed circut and double checks all its findings....i would imagine youd throw a cel for something like that tho
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by brett5
hmmm thats weird may be you have a sensor going bad the rear o2 sensor has an open circut for like the first 15 min of starting the car or untill it reaches a certian temp...then it switchs to a closed circut and double checks all its findings....i would imagine youd throw a cel for something like that tho
weird it is... i did have a random cylinder missfire but deleted it....like a day or 2 before i went to the inspection...has now been like 4 days since i deleted it no codes at all....

anyway deleting it messed up the reading from the machine??
Old 07-02-2010, 06:06 PM

no it sounds like the problem is that the o2 sensor is not reaching operating temp. but not throwing a code...if you have an interceptor youd be able to pin point it a little to see what volts the sensors are running at...but it honestly sound like the sensor is going bad....if you didnt have insection id say just let it till it threw a code..but idk maybe someone else may have a better solution..
Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by brett5
no it sounds like the problem is that the o2 sensor is not reaching operating temp. but not throwing a code...if you have an interceptor youd be able to pin point it a little to see what volts the sensors are running at...but it honestly sound like the sensor is going bad....if you didnt have insection id say just let it till it threw a code..but idk maybe someone else may have a better solution..
yeah i would just let it be but damn inspection...... i can get "real" inspection sticker for extra but theres no big reason why it shouldnt pass.... well besides this and the evap system not ready... but after 100+ miles the evap system is ready according to my scanner

so im assuming since that is ready i can pass inspection even with the h02 sensor not being ready..... but if not i guess ill get a "real" one for extra
Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
are u tuned?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 55supercharged
weird it is... i did have a random cylinder missfire but deleted it....like a day or 2 before i went to the inspection...has now been like 4 days since i deleted it no codes at all....

anyway deleting it messed up the reading from the machine??

After clearing codes the general rule we tell customers is to ride for a week or two before going to the emissions station. What happens is when you clear the codes it resets the PCM flags. Once the flags have been reset every code in the ECM must run and pass before the emissions station will pass your car.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_jay
are u tuned?
yes sir..

Originally Posted by montecarloman
After clearing codes the general rule we tell customers is to ride for a week or two before going to the emissions station. What happens is when you clear the codes it resets the PCM flags. Once the flags have been reset every code in the ECM must run and pass before the emissions station will pass your car.
thats was my thinking as well... since my inspection is expired they told me i have 15 days to fix it so i been driving like crazy lol since then my scanner says the evap system is ready and later today im gonna scan it and see if the h02 is ready

if this is not the problem does it mean i have a bad o2?

Originally Posted by montecarloman
thats was my thinking as well... since my inspection is expired they told me i have 15 days to fix it so i been driving like crazy lol since then my scanner says the evap system is ready and later today im gonna scan it and see if the h02 is ready

if this is not the problem does it mean i have a bad o2?

Last edited by 55supercharged; 07-03-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-04-2010, 12:42 AM

well just scanned it and the h02 is ready so... i guess my prob is solved. heading to the inspection on monday