Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Ignition key stuck in igntion???wtf (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/ignition-key-stuck-igntion-wtf-223776/)

09sscalicobalt 08-02-2010 09:04 PM

Ignition key stuck in igntion???wtf

So i got off work went to the grocery store to get some groceries duh and get home go to turn my car off and btw i have an 09 ss/tc coupe and wtf the key is stuck in the ignition i press the gas the break pull up on the ebrake go foward go back move the key to the left then to the right push it in and nothing wtf well the chevy dealer is across the street and i figured i wasnt gonna get it out so drove it over and dropped it off for the night. Hopefully they fix it tomorow and there also gonna fix the ic grommet recall and the ps recall and give me an oil change lol anybody else had the same problem?

bobbyhill31286 08-02-2010 09:06 PM

ive only heard of that on the 2.2 auto balts and hhrs..............in for info on the cause/fix

BlackARCA06 08-02-2010 09:06 PM

Yup happened to me. I have a 06, but mine came out after hours of messing with it. They ended up replacing my ignition module. I have a 2.2 though.

07SuperchargedSS 08-02-2010 09:08 PM

I just seen a thread a month or two ago with the same problem on an 09 ss/tc....

bobbyhill31286 08-02-2010 09:12 PM

usually on the 2.2 autos they replace the shifter b/c of bad shift interlock or w.e.

But since the SS is a 5speed it has to be ignition related, nothing else could really cause it

09sscalicobalt 08-02-2010 09:13 PM

yea ill let you know i mean i walked home from the dealer its so closed so no biggie and was gonna have to take in saturday for oil change but i was like damn wtf lol

yea its either the switch or key/tumbler and obviously mines a 5 speed and my brake lights worked too so hmm

09sscalicobalt 08-04-2010 12:35 AM

so they fixed my car today replaced the hole lock cylinder and gave me 2 new keys did my power steering recal too while i was there and gotta order my ic piping grommet and got an oil change too tried to get it for free mother fuckers lol

BlueStang 08-04-2010 02:15 AM

Ya might as well get fixed what you can before the warrenty runs out

09sscalicobalt 08-04-2010 02:54 AM

yea my cars an 09 so i got 4 years left in sept lol ill be good

army_greywolf 08-04-2010 10:15 PM

Don't feel bad happened to me, there IS a dealer advisory about it and a new part number they started with last year before mine broke.

09sscalicobalt 08-04-2010 10:17 PM

haha oh really they didnt tell me that and that sucks at least they fixed it got 2 new keys too woo hoo lol

Mindrot 08-04-2010 10:19 PM

Underneath the steering wheel there is a plastic piece you can pop out and be able to fit your finger into there. There is a release pin type of thing you can slide in order for the keys to be released.

army_greywolf 08-04-2010 10:20 PM

Not on manual trans cars.

BTW they should NOT have given you new keys. They can order the correct ignition/tumbler and it will already be keyed for your car. If the doors don't match the new key (i.e. it now is a two key car one for entry one for ignition) you need to take it back to the dealer and get it done right.

09sscalicobalt 08-04-2010 10:46 PM

haha na they all work i checked before i left dont worry lol yea i dont want to be like how it was back in the day one key for ignition one key for doors trunk and glove box fuck that shit my cavalier was like that tho till i shaved my door and trunk locks haha

eutechnyx 08-05-2010 11:53 PM

I had a similar issue when i had power disconnected from my car with key in ign...it WOULDNT release the key without power,idk why but it was pretty stupid.

Melvin 08-06-2010 12:01 AM

The same thing happened to me about a month ago, they fixed it some how with out replacing it. Whats this about the IC piping recall tho?

09sscalicobalt 08-06-2010 12:04 AM

well thats good there was an intercooler grommet piping recall out for some of the 09 ss/tc check with your dealer if you have/need it they told me gotta order the parts and will call me when its in

Chevrolet Cust Svc 08-06-2010 12:03 PM

MelvinGriffaw,

Originally Posted by MelvinGriffaw (Post 5146556)
The same thing happened to me about a month ago, they fixed it some how with out replacing it. Whats this about the IC piping recall tho?

I would be happy to look into any open recalls that your vehicle may have. However I will need additional information from you in order to do so. Because I respect your privacy, I would like you to send me the make, model, year, and VIN of the vehicle as well as your name and address. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Needforspeedmom 08-10-2010 08:58 AM

I have had it replaced on both 09 SS's. Mine went first then my husband's. The local dealership just loves us!!