Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Please Help Figure Out My Random Issue..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help Figure Out My Random Issue..

Hey guys,

So, I posted awhile back about having this sporadic issue where I'd be driving on the highway (didn't need to be for a long drive, just some type of highway driving), and the t/c light would suddenly pop on. When it was on, the transmission would **** real stiff and firm. Then, you turned the car off, waited a bit, and turned it back on and it'd be fine - like nothing ever happened.

A member suggested what it may be, but I'm not positive on what it was. It was something to do with the throttle body, etc. Some type of induction issue or something. Regardless, I thought I might have fixed the problem by fixing my one coil-pack. The reason I thought so was because when this t/c light would come on, eventually the CEL would pop on as well. I fixed the issue, and I haven't had a CEL since. I also didn't have any of these t/c issues for several weeks, then suddenly it started happening again. It's not everyday, or even every other day. It's totally random. And I do some form of highway driving everyday.

During this time of fixing the coil-pack issue, I also replaced all 4 spark plugs (with Iridums) and I also went fro ma K&N cone filter to an AEM Dry-Flow. I also put my full tubing back on for the CAI (I have an Injen intake).

I'm wondering if the issue is something with the CAI tubing. It's sending too much air or something, and it's getting all confused. But I don't know. It never happened when I was only SRI..

The guy who tried to help before said this was something you could fix / override in HPTuners. any idea what this could be? I'm an 06 2.4 auto with basic mods. Nothing crazy..

Thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Anyone? Seriously. I need to figure this out..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Bump. Anyone have this at all? I remember it being said it was something you could fix in HPTuners. And it was some type of intake manifold issue. anyone? Getting tuned tomorrow, so I'd like to know what to tell him..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has to be something with the intake cause mine did it on my old saturn when i put it on.. It would shift hard the tranny eventually blew... mostly cause i beat the **** out of it.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 AM

It was some type of intake manifold pressure thing if I remember right..? I'm just guessing the car is getting far too much air for the stock tune. So it throws random fails. Then after HPT it's good..

Anyone else?