Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Middle of a Rebuilding a Crashed Balt

Old 02-23-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
You need a new endlink. It should not look like that
to make a point on your little saying of 240000 miles or kms my SS only has 106000 kms on it yes that's kms that's nothing for these cars
Old 02-23-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
When your not making boost, your making vacuum, that's perfectly normal. It will only make boost when you stomp on the throttle.

FYI, that boost gauge I got, you have to run a hose (supplied in the kit) through the firewall and into the vacuum line coming out of the manifold after the sc. The only reason I haven't put my boost gauge in yet is because I need to get under the car to get access to the grommet between the clutch and brake pedal. That's the only grommet I can find that is reasonably accessible from the interior side. Also, Autometer makes a bunch of different mechanical gauges so have a look at what one best suits you. I went with the z-series because you can change the color of the light (I'm using a green LED to match my green Aeroforce gauges) and I wanted one with a black bezel, again, to match the black bezels on my Aeroforce gauges.

Can't really help you on the lowering kit. I'm at stock ride height and I scrape my valence going into my driveway. If I want to lower the car I need to go air so I can lift the car up to get it up the slope. When the time comes Airlift makes a set of airbags I'll use. But I need to find out why they claim it doesn't fit the SS models in the rear. Airlift apparently doesn't answer their e-mails.

Go do some reading through the Suspension section, you'll learn a lot there.

Originally Posted by WillisW
to make a point on your little saying of 240000 miles or kms my SS only has 106000 kms on it yes that's kms that's nothing for these cars
106,000km, mine will hit 338,000km this weekend (210,000 miles)
The following users liked this post:
WillisW (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by SS_MuNky
When your not making boost, your making vacuum, that's perfectly normal. It will only make boost when you stomp on the throttle.

FYI, that boost gauge I got, you have to run a hose (supplied in the kit) through the firewall and t into the vacuum line coming out of the manifold after the sc. The only reason I haven't put my boost gauge in yet is because I need to get under the car to get access to the grommet between the clutch and brake pedal. That's the only grommet I can find that is reasonably accessible from the interior side. Also, Autometer makes a bunch of different mechanical gauges so have a look at what one best suits you. I went with the z-series because you can change the color of the light (I'm using a green LED to match my green Aeroforce gauges) and I wanted one with a black bezel, again, to match the black bezels on my Aeroforce gauges.

Can't really help you on the lowering kit. I'm at stock ride height and I scrape my valence going into my driveway. If I want to lower the car I need to go air so I can lift the car up to get it up the slope. When the time comes Airlift makes a set of airbags I'll use. But I need to find out why they claim it doesn't fit the SS models in the rear. Airlift apparently doesn't answer their e-mails.

Go do some reading through the Suspension section, you'll learn a lot there.
Okay then well that makes more sense its my first car that isn't naturally aspirated so its new to me an I will hit up the suspension thread to see what they recommend for it because for the car to look properly I need to lower it an get it painted but right now my front passenger side speakers aren't working any more its starting to annoy me
Old 02-23-2017, 12:53 PM

I had to replace both my tweeters. They were toast. Snapped crackled and popped more than a bowl of rice crispies!
Fortunately a friend of mine had some kicking around. Last time he needed tweeters he bought a bulk order of 100. He'll never need to buy another tweeter his whole life.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:58 PM

I had to replace both my tweeters. They were toast. Snapped crackled and popped more than a bowl of rice crispies!
Fortunately a friend of mine had some kicking around. Last time he needed tweeters he bought a bulk order of 100. He'll never need to buy another tweeter his whole life.
Did your door panels go back to normal after your removed them?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:05 PM

Yep, no problems there.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:10 PM

Yep, no problems there.
okay well i got to remove the interior anyways so might as well take the doors off as well thinking of just spending some money on the suspension an get Megan Street Series Coil Overs for suspension a bit higher cost at 1360 on ebay
Old 02-23-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
Get BC coilovers
Old 02-23-2017, 01:24 PM

I got an aftermarket radio that's been sitting around for I think 2 years or something an I can't figure out what brand it is I think it's from Europe cause that's what the radio region was set for lol been trying to make it work
Old 02-23-2017, 01:26 PM

thats the radio
Any body got a guess of what brand it is cause i cant remember ​​​​​​​
Old 02-23-2017, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension:

Cobalt Fe5-Yyz Strut,Shock,Spring Plug And Play System Fe5Yyz
Old 02-23-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by royce777
Get BC coilovers
Is that what your running in your cobalt?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by COBALTace
This is a great package.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
This is a great package.
is that what your using in your cobalt?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM

JD yeah I've looked it up since you recommended it. Sounds like a damn good deal. Be nice to get some brand new suspension...I mean mine has got 142xxKM in rear and 9000km in the front, but still. New is always nicer
Old 02-23-2017, 02:25 PM

Willis you want a good stereo with bluetooth cd and auxiliary get a JVC KDR780BT. I have a 720 and the one im talkig about is bascially the 720's big sister stereo

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-1QfBo1...KD-R780BT.html

Last edited by COBALTace; 02-23-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added link for stereo
Old 02-23-2017, 02:30 PM

Willis you want a good stereo with bluetooth cd and auxiliary get a JVC KDR780BT. I have a 720 and the one im talkig about is bascially the 720's big sister stereo

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-1QfBo1...KD-R780BT.html
that's cheap for what i paid for this one has a fold out touch screen Bluetooth dvd player Sirius compatible built in amp I'm forgetting other things this stupid thing has
Old 02-23-2017, 02:36 PM

is that what your using in your cobalt?
Yes. Transitioning from worn out stock base model shocks and springs to these made a world of difference. I am now running Koni shocks in the rear but honestly didn't notice a big difference from the FE5 TC Cobalt struts.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:39 PM

Yes. Transitioning from worn out stock base model shocks and springs to these made a world of difference. I am now running Koni shocks in the rear but honestly didn't notice a big difference from the FE5 TC Cobalt struts.
okay how is the corning does the suspension properly lower to pull around the corner?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:46 PM

Trust me it will be a lot of time and Advil saved if you bought a new radio. My friend had a problem with something if a similar sort. He bought some radio from Texas and since his car is Canadian it wouldnt work and wouldnt work. Ended up having to take t to the dealer and they sent it to god knows where Mexcio for the trained GM monkeys to work on it. Long story short he got charged close to 200$ for it and ended up goig and getting a stereo installed at our local Aftermarket car parts storefor close to 500$! When the dealer had his car they traced the loom entirely back to the amp in the rear deck and messed around & cut-probed wires with a voltmeter to see what was dead that they ended up blowing his amplifer. So he had to get them to send away for one for 100 dollars

all I remember other than that is him being so POed the next night out at the camp he broke a beer bottle wih his bare hand :')

Last edited by COBALTace; 02-23-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Re read the article and it looked like i was drunk. Fixed some crap
Old 02-23-2017, 04:52 PM

okay how is the corning does the suspension properly lower to pull around the corner?
I would argue these springs are superior, performance wise, to any other aftermarket spring on the market for our cars. A ton of time effort testing and research went into designing these springs. They aren't made with the primary goal of lowering the car but for a nearly uncompromising optimization of ride comfort and performance. If performance is priority then these springs are the right choice.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
That was from some guy trying to sell a used LNF long block for I think $1500 and it had 240k miles.

106k km is nothing
Old 02-23-2017, 06:14 PM

I would argue these springs are superior, performance wise, to any other aftermarket spring on the market for our cars. A ton of time effort testing and research went into designing these springs. They aren't made with the primary goal of lowering the car but for a nearly uncompromising optimization of ride comfort and performance. If performance is priority then
these springs are the right choice.
​​​​​​​okay I will take your word for it an get these Springs instead I rather have performance over looks
Old 02-23-2017, 06:17 PM

Trust me it will be a lot of time and Advil saved if you bought a new radio. My friend had a problem with something if a similar sort. He bought some radio from Texas and since his car is Canadian it wouldnt work and wouldnt work. Ended up having to take t to the dealer and they sent it to god knows where Mexcio for the trained GM monkeys to work on it. Long story short he got
charged close to 200$ for it and ended up goig
and getting a stereo installed at our local
Aftermarket car parts storefor close to 500$!
When the dealer had his car they traced the
loom entirely back to the amp in the rear deck
and messed around & cut-probed wires with a
voltmeter to see what was dead that they ended
up blowing his amplifer. So he had to get them
to send away for one for 100 dollars

all I remember other than that is him being so POed the next night out at the camp he broke a beer bottle wih his bare hand :')

got sound logic lol just had the radio checked out an the radio installer said specifically that it can't run high output audio which is the tweeters so it's a good paper weight basically I'm getting a different head unit now going with a Kenwood or jvc something with high quality out put
Old 02-23-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
That was from some guy trying to sell a used LNF long block for I think $1500 and it had 240k miles.

106k km is nothing
​​​​​​​exactly that's why I'm putting money into the Cobalt to get it back on the road it's just costing a few grand lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Middle of a Rebuilding a Crashed Balt