Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Misfires and running lean.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misfires and running lean.

Hello, so I've been having a few issues with my 07 ss/sc these days. Mods are 2.8 pulley, 3 inch cai, zzp longtubes with gutted highflow, 3 inch zzp catback, option b, 60's, fidenza flywheel, and gmpp clutch . Car was misfiring at idle occasionally but ever since I installed the clutch and flywheel the misfire count went up. I've heard lightweight flywheels can cause this but it seems a bit much.

Randomly the car would spike really lean (usually during traffic) and the car would bog like crazy until I either reset the computer with the interceptor or wait it out. I ended up getting a reflash from zzp yo increase pulse with for the misfires which lessened but not rid of the misfires at idle. After that the car runs leaner at all times and especially under wot (around 13.2). Car still randomly hit --- with insane bog.

could this be a tuning issue or could something else be causing this?

fuel filter, injectors, sparkplugs, were replaced not too long ago. Only code I have is P0300. I'm really just trying to get this thing running right before I sell it. Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you upgrade your Fuel Injectors or just replace them? if just replace, i would recommend upgrading your fuel injectors and possibly a custom tune. You have a pulley upgrade, which increases airflow, a 3 inch cai which also increases airflow, longtubes again airflow, longtubes.... you get the point. it sounds like your car was beginning to "hyperventilate". Im guessing you noticed the misfires after the 2.8" pulley or longtubes. From there it got incrementally worse? When you went to a low inertia flywheel it amplified the problem especially during situations where your car relies on the flywheel to provide some load (like Idle).