Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

No idle after throttle body cleaning

Old 06-15-2017, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No idle after throttle body cleaning

Before anyone says to check other threads, I have read threads for hours and it has not helped. I recently bought an 06 ss/sc and it had a hesitation around 25-3k rpms, also with a lean code. I replaced the air filter, cleaned the throttle body, map sensor and maf sensor. Now the hesitation is gone and no more lean code, but now I have boost issues. Will only hit 4 psi, and also the car refuses to idle on its own. I've tried every relearn procedure there is and nothing has worked. Been driving the **** out of it for 4 days now. It did hold normal idle 1 time but went back to no idle shortly after. I hooked up and ran live date with my scantool and all sensors seem to be fine and within their normal parameters. Anything to do to did idle prob without involving dealer for $170? And also is boosting problem a common thing after cleaning throttle body? Yes I did check for a boost leak. No sign on one.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Assuming you don't have any leaks there are 2 ways your boost can be limited. The first is obvious if your throttle body isn't opening up as much as it should or you have a restriction basically running partial throttle. The second is via your bypass valve. Vacuum pulls it open into bypass mode but it is also connected to a solenoid that your ECM controls. So there could be a mechanical issue there or your computer is telling it to pull boost for some reason.

What do you mean no idle? It just dies?
Old 06-15-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 91 Likes on 89 Posts
Unplug the maf and see how it runs.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Good advice
Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced the maf and map sensor on the supercharger inlet side. I have drove the vehicle a lot for the relearn procedure and it will learn a couple miles down the road but will not boost, and also once you turn it off, it goes back to no idle. I've hooked up the scan tool multiple times and watched live data. Sensors all seem to be working fine, even before I put on the new sensors. It throws multiple maf codes, map codes, up a codes and system too lean. I.have smoked tested the car and there is no vacuum leaks either. I'm starting to guess throttle body or pcm?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Your throttle body shouldn't throw MAF or MAP codes. List out all the codes you are setting. We need as much information as possible to try and diagnose this problem.

And you had absolutely ZERO problems before you cleaned your throttle body? Did you do anything to the intake tract?

Search this Thread