Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

P0335 Crankshaft Postion Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0335 Crankshaft Postion Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

So today I was driving back from my dad's house on this beautiful day and was gettting ready to merge on the freeway.. got on it in 2nd gear at about 45 to 60 to get up to speed when I got on I-69.. yah.. car just fell flat on it's face and said "Engine Power Reduced".

Looked at my tach and it was reading "0 RPM's" and my check engine light was on. My brother was riding in the car and thought my car just about exploded. Limped it to the side of the road and the car basically stalled.. I let it sit for 10 minutes, the car wasn't overheating (it was 95F outside but engine temps steady at 190F). So now I'm like great.. I'm not anywhere near home..

Started it back up.. still running like ass, get it limped to the nearest autozone and pulled the codes. It had two of the same codes that read "P0335 Crankshaft Postion Sensor A Circuit Malfunction". Car retarted the timing so greatly that in a 30 mile drive to the nearest town it ate $20 or 6.50 gallons of gas in the 30 mile drive

Now I am really pissed because this just adds more insult to injury.. I'm taking the car to the dealership tomorrow with this problem and like 10 more. In case anyone didn't know I'm going in now for 3rd/4th time issues on the car including the following (I know I am missing some things):

*Bracket on Supercharger holding coolant lines broke for the 3rd time.
*A/C now pissing water on passenger side floor (3rd request)
*Clutch either needs to be replaced or adjusted (not sure if you can adjust it?)
*Sunroof trim fell off again!! (3rd request)
*Radio is not ejecting my cd's (2nd request)
*P0335 Crankshaft Postion Sensor A Circuit Malfunction issue (2nd time it went to limp mode).
*Shifter assembly broke (2nd request)
*Door handles sticking/staying in open postion (4th request)
*Irratic Idle
*Brakes are pulsating (just had them replaced by the dealership 4k miles ago)..

I can't wait to claim lemon. My lawyer advised that with owning this car for only a year I shouldn't have all these issues and said GM (after lawsuit/lemon claim) shoudn't have any issue taking this car back with a little problems... I hope so.. I've been the dealership 40 times with various issues and it's getting bad.. Documented everything..

-Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 02:57 AM
Banned

FYI, this is what I am taking my car in for tomorrow.. these developed over the course of a 2 week span.

Issues with my car:

*P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction (left me stranded, went into limp mode).

*Radio isn’t spitting out CD’s correctly, seem to get stuck regardless what CD is inserted

*Clutch sticking, not engaging in all gears (Can this be adjusted?)

*A/C spits out water all over dash and now the passenger side floor (3rd Request)

*Sunroof Trim Bezel doesn’t stay on (2nd request)

*Refuse to accept superglue and self tapper screw as fix for my shifter (3rd Request)

*Brakes Pulsate after new brakes recently installed a few thousand miles ago (roughly 3-4k miles, still pulsated even when installed brand new. Seems worse then before, rotors were also resurfaced).

*Car pulls to the left

*Erratic idle (Intake is NOT the cause, RPM jump all over the place, TSB fix?)

*Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Reading

*Assembly for gas cap is falling apart

*Door Handles are sticking (4th request)

*Black Ring for passenger side is missing after last dealer visit. Want re-installed so trim doesn’t separate.

*Coolant Line mount on super charger broke again (3rd request)

*Oil Leak around seal on passenger side

*Temp light goes on and off (Not getting enough Coolant?) IAT temps show at 190F

*Battery light keeps coming on and off

*Passenger side seat belt has no slack

Please change the oil in the car and check coolant level, supercharger is ticking (not sure how to check oil levels in blower).

I refuse to take delivery of this car until ALL problems are fixed with this car. I pay too much money for this car not to run correctly. Many issues are coming in for 2nd, 3rd and 4th requests. Unsure why extended warranty won’t cover all said items above.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

So now the dealer will only cover 4 of these problems... I am in the process of calling GM and raising hell. I printed off my 11 page service history at the dealer today. Hope to get resolution shortly. I didn't buy an extended warranty for nothing.. I paid $2000grand on this warranty for it to cover nothing..

I got a 2007 Cobalt Sedan rental. New Radio, new steering wheel. It's black. The information center controls are on the steering wheel now..

Trying to claim Lemon.. Every one at the dealership told me to call GM because of the problems I am having.

-Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Have you considered the possibilty of the cars need for an exorcism???
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Wow, that sucks man. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just brought my car in for the tsb's on the rear squeal/squak for the rear suspension, they better not hassle me since my car is lowered, and the ac spitting water from the vents, both parts are not available and will take a few days to come in, they just use some sort of sealant for the ac issue.
ive had a few minor things for warrentied by my dealer, they are pretty good and as long as you give them a tsb number they hook me up.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Have you considered the possibilty of the cars need for an exorcism???
I agree. That is a lot of stuff. I don't get it. Some Balts are falling apart and some never have problems. 05' or 06' doesn't matter. Do you think it could be a build plant thing?

Here is what you do.

Go to the main headquarters, find the CEO and torture him

Find the hot secratary and

Go to the build room and tell everyone

Finaly, a little of this won't hurt

Make sure you do this to the lawn on the way out.

That should just about take care of eveything.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:50 AM

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See distillion. That's why you're on my favorite members list. You can appreciate that.

Last edited by CTCOBALTSSS; 07-17-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS
Wow, that sucks man. I hope everything works out for you.
Me too... I'm going to make a PDF of all my problems. I even made a video of the car running like ass just so they believed me. I'm thinking of showing it to you shortly. I will attach my service history as well.

-Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
See distillion. That's why you're on my favorite members list. You can aprpeciate that.
that made my day bro!@
Old 07-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

anyone know of a better number I can use to call a higher up at GM? Please advise.

I have a case # and want to go further upe the ladder.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i only know the ex-vp of goodyear... noone at gm. but you should be able to find lutz phone # and address somehow thru the net. not condoning but if you knew a h4xor you could have him get onto gms website and go thru personnel to get phone #'s and addresses
Old 07-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

Update: Crankshaft Position Sensor has been confirmed bad. They have to order a new sensor. They said it will be a week.. they haven't looked at anything else.. They don't have an ETA when I will get the car back..
Old 07-17-2006, 03:43 PM

I agree. That is a lot of stuff. I don't get it. Some Balts are falling apart and some never have problems. 05' or 06' doesn't matter. Do you think it could be a build plant thing?

Here is what you do.

LOL

That sux man, sorry to hear about all your problems. What scares me the most is that we got our cars from the same dealership. I hope I don't start having problems with my car like yours. Although I do have that damn sunroof trium thing constantly falling off and now the actual switch inside has broken and is shoved inside the roof paneling. Gotta take it in for that, hopefully its not a reoccuring thing.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:50 PM

There was a cal released to the dealers in June that should fix the erratic idle problem. Ask them about it.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zenkat
There was a cal released to the dealers in June that should fix the erratic idle problem. Ask them about it.
yah they know about that..
Old 07-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

guy who lives in the same apartment complex as I do had the same problem happen yesterday. rare...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 PM

If you think the car you bought is a lemon and you want your money back or another car, protect yourself by doing the following things:

When you go to the GM/General Motors car dealership to have your lemon car repaired, insist that the service representative write down all of your complaints.
Make sure you get a written repair order each time you bring your lemon car to the GM/General Motors car dealership to be fixed.
Keep all of the repair orders for your GM/General Motors car in a safe place where you can find them when you need them.
If your GM/General Motors car cannot be repaired and you suspect it is a lemon, notify the manufacturer about your problem by telephone and certified mail:
General Motors Corporation
Attn: Legal Customer Assistance & Relationship Services
MSX
International Business Resource Center
1464 John A. Papalas Drive
Lincoln Park, Michigan 48164
Attach all of your repair orders and your purchase agreement to the letter you send to GM. Finally, send a copy of the letter to the GM/General Motors auto dealership where you bought the lemon vehicle.
If GM/General Motors insists, allow their representative to inspect the car before you decide to file a lemon law lawsuit.
If you are entitled to your money back pursuant to the Michigan Lemon Law, GM/General Motors is entitled to a deduction for mileage. This deduction is based on the number of miles on the car the first time you took your GM/General Motors car in to repair the (lemon law) problem.
Before you accept a settlement from GM/General Motors, make sure you fully understand what your rights are under the Michigan Lemon Law or contact an attorney who specializes in lemon law related cases.

Give a call to the main GM rep for your district also...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:14 PM

i had the crankshaft position thing happen to me with 6000 miles. let the car sit two days, then it worked fine until it got replaced several weeks later. didn't go into limp mode, just shut off. i won't admit that was the last time i've had mine in, though (24000+ problem free miles for now)
Old 07-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

When you car is in the shop at least 1-3 times a month with either the same problem or something new developing you can't help but wonder sometimes.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts

Here is what you do.

I am not sure I would do all of those things but they quite amusing , just the same.

Good luck with your car Sneaky.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Banned

update.. the dealership is going to fix the following thus far

*Replaced the passenger side seat belt
*They gave it an oil change
*Fixing the Coolant line bracket on the supercharger again
*They put my black trim ring around the passenger side back on (finally)
*They did a software update on inaccurate fuel gauge
*They did a software flash for the erratic idle
*They are fixing the sunroof trim bezel with something better they said (have to see)
*Replacing the crank sensors that went bad..
*Replacing Radio with a new one so it doesn't have CD's sticking
*Looking into the A/C on the floor (They said a TSB fix but have to read instructions on it).
*They will look at why it's pulling to the left and check my brakes for rotor warp.
*They still REFUSE to fix my shifter, said it's not covered under warranty
*They will lube my door handles again. they said replacing them doesn't fix the sticking.
*They did a software reflash for the temp and battery dummy light (TSB Fix)
*Attempting to buy new gasket to fix oil leak on lower side of motor.

Last but not least.. for all my trouble I won't have to pay for my rental (Typically not covered under extended wararnty). Thank God!

Shifter is still a big problem. I want that fully replaced. I refuse to use a tapper screw and superglue as a TSB fix to my issue. The knob rolled off once it's going to do it again..

Last edited by 3fo893013L; 07-19-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Banned

Here is video documentation for future reference for those who have it happen to them, notice the cool check engine light, no RPM gauge functionality, the exhaust sounds like it ready to die and when you come up front to the motor all you can hear is the rad fans going off because the car is overheating all the sudden like a little bitch...

This footage was taken one day before going to the dealership and literally an hour after the problem started.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82886305615453
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 AM

whats so hard about the ac tsb that they need instructions, my car is goin in for that, what does that involve, i dont want my car to be at the dealer all day??!

Quick Reply: P0335 Crankshaft Postion Sensor A Circuit Malfunction