Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Slave Cylinder, No Start, Bad Power Steering Pump

Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slave Cylinder, No Start, Bad Power Steering Pump

My buddy is selling a car and i'm super interested, its a 05' cobalt ss/sc with 120,000 miles. Car is immaculate, exterior, interior everything. Not a spec of rust even on the undercarriage, which is rare for an Ohio car. But anyways he replaced the clutch and the throwout bearing and when bleeding the clutch it was dumping brake fluid out of the transmission slave cylinder area. I believe that he didn't have the rod lined up with the fork so when he fully extended the rod it popped out of the slave cylinder. So first off, is this possible that it is the only problem with the transmission/clutch. Car moves through the gears flawlessly off, but who knows when the car is running which leads to my next point..

The car will not start. You can turn the key to on and all the electrical systems come on. But when you turn the key to start it nothing happens. Would the ignition recall fix this problem? And is there any way i can bypass the ignition to get the car to start so I can atleast drive it in the mean time (with a push button or something)

Last, the information center says that the electonic power steering pump is bad. Also a recall.. will GM replace this free of charge as well and will that fix the power steering problems?

I'm buying the car for 4,000 and will only have $100 in parts if i change the slave cylinder and thats my only problem. If you have any tips on dropping the tranny to get to the slave cylinder and what else could possibly be wrong I would really appreciate it. Getting the car this weekend and hope to have evertyhing apart by monday to get it ready to fix! Let me know what you think, any help is appreciated. Maybe i'll do a step by step with the slave cylinder for the forum. Thanks again!