Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need serious help

Old 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need serious help

Im brand new these cars, 05 SS/SC btw, (like less than 2 weeks) and already having an issue. One night, I lost my gauge lights (not the dash, just the lights behind the speedo and tach) and my radiator fans will not turn on. Ive asked around and everyone points to the PCM (also have a slight misfire at idle and gauges read weird sometimes). Decided to pull it out and see if maybe cleaning the contacts would help annnndddd the car wont start. Security light is on, everything works, but doesnt start. Need to do a key relearn or is it possible I completely fried the PCM?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
If your security light is on and nothing else came on you could need to do a security relearn. There's also a possibility you bent some pins or something and the ECM isn't getting proper connection.

As far as your fan goes will it not kick on when the AC is running?

The misfire is probably a separate issue.

I don't think loss of gauge lights would be ECM either. I would just think they either went bad or lost power for some reason.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
If your security light is on and nothing else came on you could need to do a security relearn. There's also a possibility you bent some pins or something and the ECM isn't getting proper connection.

As far as your fan goes will it not kick on when the AC is running?

The misfire is probably a separate issue.

I don't think loss of gauge lights would be ECM either. I would just think they either went bad or lost power for some reason.
I just tried the security reset process, no change. have a low fuel warning (filled it up prior to these issues and havent driven it since) and a power steering warning lighting up, and security light is still on, no attempt to start . Man, do I miss the cars I could hit with a hammer to fix it...
Old 10-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Something lost connection when you worked on it. You didn't do anything but cleat the terminals? How did you do that?
Old 10-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
Something lost connection when you worked on it. You didn't do anything but cleat the terminals? How did you do that?
Pins werent bent at all and i just used air to blow them off.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 131 Likes on 108 Posts
First things first, take a test light to all your fuses.

Search this Thread