Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Sunroof won't close!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunroof won't close!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Insert 1,000,000 swear words here*

I went to close it like normal, and I heard the epic "plastic breaking" noise so I'm like "@#$%^&*()"!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure enough the broken piece is in the track, and the passenger side is vented while the driver side is closed Also, I got the sunroof to shut, so my only problem is.. What exactly needs to be replaced? As far as I can see the unit is sold as a whole? There is no right or left side.
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:02 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: 03-31-10
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nooooooooo!!!! **** man what are you doing opening in the winter time anyway?
ecot3c inside is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by moranjames89 View Post
nooooooooo!!!! **** man what are you doing opening in the winter time anyway?
I had it vented!!!!!!!!!
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-08-09
Location: White Marsh, Maryland
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mines broken too. the dealer is rebuilding the whole thing for me on tuesday
Kyle4236 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-25-08
Location: houston
Posts: 611
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In for results.... I'm having the same issue
jaygo7007 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kyle4236 View Post
mines broken too. the dealer is rebuilding the whole thing for me on tuesday
Same thing happened? What are they replacing?

Originally Posted by jaygo7007 View Post
In for results.... I'm having the same issue
Tried to close it, pop noise, one side closed, one side vented?

How did you close yours?
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-08-09
Location: White Marsh, Maryland
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine opens and closes but the vent option doesnt work and when i close it all the way instead of just stopping it makes a ridiculous clicking noise like some gears are being stripped. they tried to replace a few parts with no success so they are rebuilding the whole sunroof assembly and all
Kyle4236 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:26 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kyle4236 View Post
mine opens and closes but the vent option doesnt work and when i close it all the way instead of just stopping it makes a ridiculous clicking noise like some gears are being stripped. they tried to replace a few parts with no success so they are rebuilding the whole sunroof assembly and all
Ah, that's a little different, but damn that sucks. Damn these cheap ass sunroofs!!!
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-08-09
Location: White Marsh, Maryland
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah... sounds like we bought cobalts
Kyle4236 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,649
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts
one of the many reasons im glad not to have a sun roof
Kolt is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:33 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-08-09
Location: White Marsh, Maryland
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my sunroof....... when it works
Kyle4236 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kyle4236 View Post
i love my sunroof....... when it works
That's totally a signature qualifier.
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
iTrader: (48)
 
Join Date: 12-26-09
Location: V.A. U.S.A
Posts: 3,166
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I know how to fix it !!!! without buying a new one, ask me how i know haha

Here's the steps

1-Here's what you do take ur sunroof's glass off
2-Cleanup the broken plastic pieces.
3-there's two plastic locks " white or grey in the middle on each side, you can cut these off or drill them off like i did
4-Send a gift in paypal to sunburstss and you're set
5-The sunroof should start closing normally now, Attached is a picture of the tabs circled in red

SunburstSS is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
  #15  
Banned
 
Join Date: 06-23-05
Location: ky
Posts: 8,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
break off the white pieces, it'll close then.

mine did that like 4 years ago

PS you don't have to remove the sunroof to do it
selfinfliction is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-08-09
Location: White Marsh, Maryland
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx View Post
That's totally a signature qualifier.
Kyle4236 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-25-08
Location: houston
Posts: 611
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mines opens but when I go to close it. It makes a snaping noise and gringing noise.... so what I do it is hold the close button and push it forward
jaygo7007 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
  #18  
Banned
 
Join Date: 06-23-05
Location: ky
Posts: 8,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaygo7007 View Post
Mines opens but when I go to close it. It makes a snaping noise and gringing noise.... so what I do it is hold the close button and push it forward
that means your white pieces are about to break
selfinfliction is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You both have lost me..

I don't think that is my problem.. The arm on the passenger side does not slide.. Like the track part. If I manually push the arm, it will close.
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:03 AM
  #20  
Banned
 
Join Date: 06-23-05
Location: ky
Posts: 8,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are white brackets, or little white pieces of plastic that will break off in the tracks of the sunroof. get in there and pull out the broken pieces. look very closely, they may be small, but i can almost guarantee that's what it is... it's what happens to 99% of the broken sunroofs here
selfinfliction is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:05 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-22-08
Location: New Lenox, Illinois
Posts: 3,463
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by selfinfliction View Post
there are white brackets, or little white pieces of plastic that will break off in the tracks of the sunroof. get in there and pull out the broken pieces. look very closely, they may be small, but i can almost guarantee that's what it is... it's what happens to 99% of the broken sunroofs here
I already pulled the piece out that I heard snap off. It was a little black piece. Like I said, I can see the driver side arm slide on the track, but the passenger side does not, only with assistance. I believe I need a new track.

I'll check again though when I get home from work.
xxxxsh4d0wxxxx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-13-10
Location: Loudonville, NY
Posts: 1,389
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loll gotta love cobalts
O9cobaltSS is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: 03-31-10
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SunburstSS View Post
I know how to fix it !!!! without buying a new one, ask me how i know haha

Here's the steps

1-Here's what you do take ur sunroof's glass off

2-Cleanup the broken plastic pieces.
3-there's two plastic locks " white or grey in the middle on each side, you can cut these off or drill them off like i did
4-Send a gift in paypal to sunburstss and you're set
5-The sunroof should start closing normally now, Attached is a picture of the tabs circled in red

, this is how you make a pb&j sandwich step by step..

1- heres how you would make the sandwich
2- there is 2 containers, one jelly, one peanut butter
3- clean up when your done

^ that's how helpful I thought your post.....
ecot3c inside is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-02-09
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,181
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My engine doesn't have a sunroof


Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx View Post
*Insert 1,000,000 swear words here*

I went to close it like normal, and I heard the epic "plastic breaking" noise so I'm like "@#$%^&*()"!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure enough the broken piece is in the track, and the passenger side is vented while the driver side is closed Also, I got the sunroof to shut, so my only problem is.. What exactly needs to be replaced? As far as I can see the unit is sold as a whole? There is no right or left side.
insylem is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-24-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 660
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx View Post
Same thing happened? What are they replacing?



Tried to close it, pop noise, one side closed, one side vented?

How did you close yours?
Literally EXACTLY what is wrong with mine
super06sport is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunroof won't close!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.