Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Swapping fuel lines - questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Swapping fuel lines - questions

Hi
My 06 SS SC has plastic filler piece, forming a fixed line for a fuel line, and this has to be fixed before it can be certified for the road. So my plan is to pull the fuel line off an 06 SS NA, and swap it onto the SS SC. However, under the SS NA today, I noticed the clips that hold the fuel and brake lines can't visibly be disconnected without risking a brittle plastic that breaks.

How do we remove these lines from the clips, and reinstall them onto the new car, without breaking these clips? I'm assuming the lines for the SC and NA are the same...

Also, would anyone have a link to a thread that deals with fuel lines? I'm a bit concerned that if I can swap the lines successfully, I'll need to purge the system of air or else it may not start. So if there's air in the lines, can I crank the engine and starter and will the pump push out any air if I just try turning it over for a while?

Thanks! R