Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Trouble starting and something leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble starting and something leaking...

Details: Bone stock 06 SS/SC.
Searched here and on google but didn't really come up with much.

Every now and then (I would say 1 out of 5 times) when my girly goes to start her car it doesn't start, it tries to start but won't turn over. Temperature is not an issue, it could be 70 degrees out or 30 degrees out and it has the problem. She noticed if she lets off the clutch and then puts it back in (but not all the way in) the car starts up fine. She also noticed that after this happens the display on her stock radio is just a bunch of X's. She can then turn the car off and turn it right back on and the display goes back to normal...

Took the battery to Advanced Auto parts and it checks out fine like I suspected. Before I go digging through the engine bay of a car I don't know much about I figured I would post on here and see if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Added: Just noticed her car is leaking in the rear, figured I might as well put this in this thread instead of starting another one.

Basically the car is leaking in the rear, I attached pictures below to see if anyone knows where this might be coming from. It smells like gasoline to me. The only thing that makes me think it might be something else is the stains on the driveway. The stains don't smell like gas and I thought if it was gas it would have disappeared by now? Anyway, heres some pictars!!!!

It looks like it's starting from the top left square and running down.

Looks like where it's originating from.

Rear passenger side of the car.

Stains on driveway.
It really smells like gasoline, even hours after turning her car off you can still smell it outside of the vehicle.
Thanks!

Luke B

Last edited by 1SLOSTI; 04-16-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 04-17-2010, 11:42 AM

looks like the filler hose or the rubber grommrt going to the tank could have a pin hole/small tear in it.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the response, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM

In case anyone else comes across this. The problem looks to be a leak with the fuel pump module. 06/07 Cobalts are affected and there is a recall out on this by Chevy. Taking her car in today to get it fixed under the recall, only problem is now she has to drive my car to work.