Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Two dtc's and can't pass inspection

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two dtc's and can't pass inspection

So I keep getting a p0366 camshaft position sensor code and a p0442 evap emission system small leak code. The 442 only seems to pop if I let it get below about a 1/4 tank level on fuel. The p0366 comes seemingly randomly. My car has had expired plates since end of July because of this, when I clear them it seems I can never get the amount of driving done to ready the monitors before the codes come back. Usually it is the p0366 that comes back. It takes usually 600-800 miles before my monitors reset, because my rear O2 sensor is smashed to get it into my zzp castles down pipe. When the fitting got welded on the angled bung at zzp it was not centered perfectly, and the only way to get it in was to smash it a bit with pliers, so the O2 monitor never readies. The evap takes long to ready, and that's why I still don't have plates. Whew, take a breath, any way wondering how to fix these codes. Tried evap solenoid for p0442 but didn't change anything. Not sure but I heard there is a solenoid that I can maybe clean out for cam shaft sensor, but don't know where or what it is. Any help would be appreciated. By the way my car is an ''09 sstc with just under 12 thousand miles on it. I bought it 4 years ago and it only had 1600 miles. Was totally stock and one old man owned it.now has a mild tune and three bar map sensors, castles dp and drop in k and n. Thanks again in advance.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm guessing the cam codes are for the exhaust and intake cps. The two sensors next to cyl 1 spark plug probably need to be replaced.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Can't you pass with all readiness set except one?

Here they will pass an 01 and newer as long as all readiness are done but you are allowed ONE not ready and still pass.

If that's the case I would reset codes, drive to set them all except that one and head straight to smog.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes all but one have to be ready. The evaporative system monitor takes like 800 miles last time to set ready, and my O2 monitor never goes ready because the rear O2 sensor in the down pipe is smashed with vise grips so it would fit in my defective catless dp. The threaded fitting that is welded onto the angled bung on the dp is slightly offset, so when you try to thread the O2 sensor in, it hits the edge of the smaller bung pipe before the threads catch in the fitting that is welded onto it. Long story short , I was two states away from home putting on the dp, and the guy helping decided to smash the O2 sensor to get it in.
So in all the miles it takes to get the evap monitor ready, it never fails the cam sensor code pops first, then I have to clear it and start the whole process over. Needless to say my whole summer has been resetting codes and driving to try and get monitors ready. Now my plates are four months expired and I don't feel like getting tickets driving it trying to get monitors ready. I might just by another dp and another O2 sensor if I can't fix the camshaft position sensor code. I'd like to figure out the evap system small leak code as well, but haven't gotten any input on that from anyone yet.

Last edited by NihontoSS; 11-26-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
It sound to me like your easiest solution is to put a new bung in your pipe or do whatever it takes to get that rear o2 working, turn it back on in your tune and get all your flags set.

I heard but do have not confirmed that in HPTuners you can set that rear O2 to not report yet still show "ready" on the flags.......