Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Annoyances with my ss

Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoyances with my ss

Ok so I need some help here few issues and dumb questions I tried looking up some but couldn't dined anything. Ok so stupid question what's with the bracket on my passenger strut tower? Some pics its a coolant jug for what tho? I like a clean engine bay and extra brackets look terrible.... .... Also both my cars driver doors like to do this I don't wanna close thing. Where I have to either lock it or pull outer handle a few times to get it to work properly is this a clip or needs grease? I read few things saying either, anyone have a pic of the rods or clip that i should be checking and is it easily accessible if I pull door panel. Also my car has radar jammers the dealership I got it from cut the head unit anyone else have them and can tell me what brand it is. And someone stole my cup holder idk y but they did.... I can't find any, the non ss models don't fit I tried. Also I've searched and searched how do I fix my reverse lock out? I read replacing all that jazz and loose shiftier this and that but shifter works fine accept there is no springiness left to it.... Is there a spring or what. .. Sorry for dumb questions. Im sure ill have more.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The bracket probably held the coolant tank for an option B setup. Not sure about the door issue, maybe try greasing the latch as it might not be closing/clamping onto the striker completely. If you have trouble finding an SS cup holder you could probably get the cup holder and front console panel from a non SS, instead of just the cup holder.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
the bracket on the passenger strut tower with the 2 studs on it is what the airbox on non supercharged cars gets bolted to. all shells are 100% the same as they rolled down the line for assembly. the coolant bottle some have there is for the "option b" setup when you run a dual pass intercooler end plate.

the door handle inoperative thing is due to the latch sticking. you need to pull the door panel to fix it. there was actually a gm service bulletin years ago about the issue, if you search google you will find it and exactly what needs to be done to fix it.

radar jammers are illegal, thats likely why the dealer cut the unit out. if you post pics of them maybe someone can identify it, but more than likely you will have to put a whole new unit in if you want it.

hard to say on the shifter, if the lockout doesnt pop down like it should maybe the spring is broken. you will have to take the shifter apart and figure that out.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://youtu.be/Cb-xl90ALU4 found this video I think this is the answer to the door issue... Gonna try tomorrow....
Old 05-21-2017, 07:04 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Nice job sharkey I couldn't understand half of what was being asked.

Search this Thread