Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

adams car care products or chemical brothers? choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adams car care products or chemical brothers? choices

so i want to tryout some new car care products. my friend has been telling me to try chemical guys. ive been reading up on previous threads and have been hearing alot of talk about adams car care products.

im leaning twords adams,i like the fact that they color match their polishes and compounds with their buffing pads. chemical brothers dont do that,not that its a huge deal.

and currently ive been using Liquid Glass for waxing my car. ive used it like 4-5 times on my car in the last year or so and its pretty decent. but im open to any other options if anyone has any input on a wax as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
i use a lot of chemguys stuff. price kinda wins me over compared to adams. that said, it should be noted i havent used any of adams products yet.

garry dean makes some good stuff too
Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Well adams has a free ship and discount going for labor day (free ship on $99+ orders and 10% off any order use discount code LABOR13)

If you go adams look into the machine super sealant if you have a polisher or the quick sealant if you don't. Both are amazing products with some kick ass shine and damn good protection
Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM

well looking at the both of them,they are both pretty appealing haha

i was leaning twords the adams foam polishing machine kit. it comes with a bottle of paint correction polish and finishing polish. which the paint correction is good for light scratches and swirl marks.

but i like chemical guys haha

its a tough choice. and then to even begin to finger out which wax to pick.

and chemical guys has a deal going through labor day as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:41 PM

It all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want dripping wet paint, adam's american over top their brilliant glaze looking amazing. Protection wise what I said earlier, they have good shine as well just not completely dripping wet paint
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM

yea idk haha **** its a tough choice.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

wax does not add shine. it only adds protection. polishing your paint will make it shine, then you PROTECT that shine with wax.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

for polishing i use meguiars m105 and m205 with the cutting and polishing hex logic pads with a 7424xp polisher. then i use paint sealant from chemguys along with a wax on top from chemguys. i also use their 'mr pink' soap and their giant microfiber drying towel.

Last edited by riceburner; 12-29-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 PM

correct. well i actually think im going to go with chemical guys. ive saw my friends srt4 go from **** to shine basically.

im going to go with the chemical guys V36 cutting polish,V38 final polish and then finish it off with the lava paste wax.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
Well adams has a free ship and discount going for labor day (free ship on $99+ orders and 10% off any order use discount code LABOR13)

If you go adams look into the machine super sealant if you have a polisher or the quick sealant if you don't. Both are amazing products with some kick ass shine and damn good protection
agreed

adams all the way, cant wait to use there revive polish tom.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by riceburner
wax does not add shine. it only adds protection. polishing your paint will make it shine, then you PROTECT that shine with wax.
The right wax will add depth to the polished paint.

Originally Posted by gotboost?17
agreed

adams all the way, cant wait to use there revive polish tom.
Its great living so close to the warehouse, meet Adam, Dylan, and Mook

Last edited by ECaulk; 08-29-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dint notice your from around there, that sweet
Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gotboost?17
i dint notice your from around there, that sweet
If you ever make it out towards denver you gotta go visit.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 09TcSedan
correct. well i actually think im going to go with chemical guys. ive saw my friends srt4 go from **** to shine basically.

im going to go with the chemical guys V36 cutting polish,V38 final polish and then finish it off with the lava paste wax.
those sound like good choices ive looked into those
Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

The right wax will add depth to the polished paint.
wellll maybe a little, idk. maybe i havent tried 'the right wax'. really though i bet i could take something, tape off half, wax on/wax off 10 times and untape it you couldnt tell the difference by looking at it
Old 08-30-2013, 07:13 AM

wellll maybe a little, idk. maybe i havent tried 'the right wax'. really though i bet i could take something, tape off half, wax on/wax off 10 times and untape it you couldnt tell the difference by looking at it
I've got a black S4 I'm going to do a full correction on sometime in the next month or so, I'll take before, polished, and waxed side by side pics.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 AM

try WolfGang Fuzion if you're willing to put up 50$ for the small size. 2 coats and the car looks amazing. Made my black paint look like black glass.

wash
Clay
wash
Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0
Wolfgang glaze
Wolfgang Sealant
Wolfgang Fuzion wax

Used Porter Cable
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by duffman11
try WolfGang Fuzion if you're willing to put up 50$ for the small size. 2 coats and the car looks amazing. Made my black paint look like black glass.

wash
Clay
wash
Wolfgang swirl remover 3.0
Wolfgang glaze
Wolfgang Sealant
Wolfgang Fuzion wax

Used Porter Cable
I've always been tempted to try the Wolfgang stuff, but with Adams so close to me its hard to buy anything else
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 AM

I love Wolfgangs stuff. They have me sold. I've tried the 105 and 205 and it just doesn't deliver like Wolfgang does. I've used Adams, they are a close tie but I'll stick to Wolfgang.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by duffman11
I love Wolfgangs stuff. They have me sold. I've tried the 105 and 205 and it just doesn't deliver like Wolfgang does. I've used Adams, they are a close tie but I'll stick to Wolfgang.
Adams stuff has def improved over the last 2 yrs I've been using it, they've come out with more products and easier to use products. Eventually I'll try some Wolfgang stuff
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

I'm a fan of turbo wax myself
Old 09-07-2013, 08:48 PM

I like chemical guys products a lot. I have never had Adams stuff, thought about ordering something from them to try on engine detail but never pulled trigger. I do notice A LOT that adams is all over a bunch of forums, but remember advertisement doesn't mean its the best! Best thing to do try them out and see what you like. If the color matching is the biggest thing winning you over then I don't know what to say lol Yes it's easier that way but honestly its not rocket science lol. There are so many types of pads and all for specific types of cutting or even your paint thickness etc. But like I said trying both out if you want/can, otherwise pull the trigger on one. Previously states never had adams only chemical guys, one day I may try them out but I have been loving CG products.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used Adam's and CG products before and to be honest none wowed me. Adam's makes a few good products like their APC and Deep wheel cleaner but I was not impressed at all by their polishes. Add to the fact they are so expensive it's a deal breaker for me. There are tons of better products out there like Optimum, Pinnacle, Blackfire, Ultima, Wolfgang and Poorboy's just to name a few that are also less expensive and have been around for much longer.

Chemical Guys has some good products like their Diablo wheel cleaner and Citrus wash & gloss shampoo. What I don't like about them are their 10 different types of shampoos, wheel cleaners and dressings. Just stick to one or two and get rid of the others for crying out loud. Greg, the guy in their vids is also annoying and never shuts the hell up. Some of their products are ridiculously overpriced as well. They just released a new "vintage" line of old products that they just relabeled. It's the exact same product with a different label. Which wouldn't be so bad but they still sell the old products with the old label so their product selection page just doubled.

Sorry for ranting but just wanted to give you my opinion.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
I've used Adam's and CG products before and to be honest none wowed me. Adam's makes a few good products like their APC and Deep wheel cleaner but I was not impressed at all by their polishes. Add to the fact they are so expensive it's a deal breaker for me. There are tons of better products out there like Optimum, Pinnacle, Blackfire, Ultima, Wolfgang and Poorboy's just to name a few that are also less expensive and have been around for much longer.

Chemical Guys has some good products like their Diablo wheel cleaner and Citrus wash & gloss shampoo. What I don't like about them are their 10 different types of shampoos, wheel cleaners and dressings. Just stick to one or two and get rid of the others for crying out loud. Greg, the guy in their vids is also annoying and never shuts the hell up. Some of their products are ridiculously overpriced as well. They just released a new "vintage" line of old products that they just relabeled. It's the exact same product with a different label. Which wouldn't be so bad but they still sell the old products with the old label so their product selection page just doubled.

Sorry for ranting but just wanted to give you my opinion.
That is kinda shady they just re-labelled an old product. Side note Adams have updated their polishes (i think in part due to customer demand, went from 3 step to 2 step and added microfiber pads big improvement over the old system) I honestly haven't tried any other polishes and I'm happy with theirs and they are in my backyard so I go to the warehouse to get my stuff.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is kinda shady they just re-labelled an old product. Side note Adams have updated their polishes (i think in part due to customer demand, went from 3 step to 2 step and added microfiber pads big improvement over the old system) I honestly haven't tried any other polishes and I'm happy with theirs and they are in my backyard so I go to the warehouse to get my stuff.
Another shady thing they do is they remove negative ratings/reviews of their products on their site. Some have called them out on it under YouTube comments and those get deleted as well. It's just a shady operation all together which is a shame since they are close to me and get quick shipping.

Quick Reply: adams car care products or chemical brothers? choices