Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

caspers car wash how to...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
caspers car wash how to...

well spring time is here at last and its time to get the old detail kit out and wash the black bitch i call a cobalt ss/sc..

here is a pic of all the different things i use to wash and detail

first step is wheels and tires.

1 bucket of zip wax soap.
2. terry cloth towel
3. soft tire brush
4. stiff tire brush
5. small detail brush
6. long detail brush
7. pair of nydex gloves

first off. i wash the wheels inside and out using the terry cloth towel. getting each spoke as good as i can with the towel.. next step is the inner wheel.. this part is a real bitch if you have big hand such as i do.. but its all part of the details. next i take a long detail brush and get the brake cals, making them look all red and sexy as they are. then a small detail brush to get the hard to get spots on the wheel itself. i have screws around the rim of my wheels and they are a real bitch to clean..

rinse the wheel and your off to the next wheel.. it takes me around an hour per wheel if i am in the mood to get super clean..

next step is the car..

1. bucket number 2
2. micro fiber wash mit
3. water. (always helps)
4. wolfgang auto bath.

5. hose for the water
6. still have those gloves on?
7. pop up tent.

8. air compressor with tip
9. chamois
10, squgee
11. pack of smokes

i always use a seperate bucket for the car, i dont really like to use the bucket that the wheels are cleaned with cause of brake dust and other crap.. just part of my OCD. i have a pop up cover that i use when i wash cause i get all sun in the morning and black cars in the hot sun are no fun to wash.. so i make some shade for myself. i start to wash the car from top to bottom in sections, driver side, passenger side, trunk, and hood.. all in the mean time keeping the car nice and wet to avoid spots.. hard water sucks..

next step is the fun part for me at least. the drying process..
i start at the top of the car with the water squgee. windows, trunk, hood.. then the first of many chamois.. first chamois is to get the water drops off the car. i do the entire car top to bottom. this is a strange part that people think is strange. i take my compressor hose and blow tip and (the air is filtered) i blow the water out of all the hard to get spots where water just collects. the rear bumper mesh, tail lights, embs, side markers, window rubbers, mirrors, door handles, spoiler mounts, 3rd brake light, and water rails,

this step helps from getting all those drips after you have washed the car. just a detail step in my book.. after the car is all dry i move back to the wheels and dry those.
for the wheels i use an old chamois and the air compressor again. this helps get the water out of the lug holes, the tire itself, i like a dry tire when i dress it up.. i like to use that spray on tire shine. but not on the tires, i use that on the wheel liners. make them nice and black, and dirt is easy to wash off next time around. i use the turtle wax tire gel, on my tires these days,, just easy to use. i apply with a microfiber applicator pad. now the tires are done. i always look for overspray from the liner shine.. make sure to get that crap off the paint.

next step is the details, i open the doors, hood, and trunk, make sure to wash and dry the door sills, underside of the hood, and around the trunk.

now its time to clean the engine bay..

i use the son of a gun on all the hoses, head lights, anything plastic under the hood gets cleaned.. no dust.. takes some time but worth it. i got many cuts today from this step..

so now we are left with a clean sexy black balt.. but still much more to do..
we move to the inside of the ride and prepair to clean..

1. shop vac..
2. microfiber towels
3. MF applicator
4. small soft brush
5. q-tips
6. glass cleaner
7. rain x wipes,
8. pinnacle leather cleaner
9. pinnacle vinyl cleaner
10. leather conditioner
11. vinyl protectant.

first i remove all floor mats and vac out the entire ride. next i move to the windows, clean the windows i use this old gleem glass cleaner i have had for years and it works great

then i use the rain x wipes on the inside and standard rain x out the outside of the windows. now i move to the seats. i use the leather cleaner first then the leather conditioner. pinnacle works great and smells good too.. then i move to the dash and door panels, and other plastic parts and use the vinyl protectant. i use the small brush and q-tips for those hard to reach places, like around the shift boot, and the little corners,

pow!! now the car is clean.. but if we wish to move on... we go to the wax..

1. clay bar
2. clay bar lube
3. pre wax polish enhancer
4. deep gloss paint sealant
5. detail spritz
6. microfiber applicator
7. microfiber pads
8. many many microfiber towels
9. shade

1. first step clay bar the car. in sections from top to bottom.. take your time and use lots of lube. (thats what she said)..
2. pre wax polish the entire car.. i also do this in sections start from top and work down. this step takes some time..
3. buff the pre wax off the car and your face.
4. move to the deep gloss sealant. this step i use the fine microfiber pads. and in sections once again..
5. buff the car one more time.. and you are almost done daniel son..
6. detail sprtiz (if you like). i only use this every now and then...

and now we are complete and have a nice washed and detailed black bitch.. and guess what.. ten minutes after i am finished.. either a bird will crap on it or. the wind kicks up and it gets covered in dust.. black cars... gotta love em. . all in all a complete wash and detail can take me up to 8 hours...

well i hope you liked my car wash how to.. and if you didnt like it. suck it up and get over it.

not a single comment....weak

Last edited by djcasper_bpm; 05-19-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-19-2007, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my car, but not that much :-P
Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Wanna do mine?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Switt23
Wanna do mine?
sure, only cost 75.00 an hour..
Old 05-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Ill do it for cheaper..............$74 per hour.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Dude you have a car payment (or new exhaust depending on priorities) in cleaning supplies... that is nuts. $135 and I have a company that picks it up while I am at work, full detail (minus wax) and then drops it off for me. I take it home, wax it up and I am all set.

But....

GREAT HOW TO!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
Dude you have a car payment (or new exhaust depending on priorities) in cleaning supplies... that is nuts. $135 and I have a company that picks it up while I am at work, full detail (minus wax) and then drops it off for me. I take it home, wax it up and I am all set.

But....

GREAT HOW TO!

i just look at it this way.. if i am gonna have a car that people are gonna look at. take the time and clean it right.. that and the fact i only work 3 nights a week. i have pleanty of time to spend an hour per wheel, and 8 to 10 hours to wash and wax.

thanks for the complement
Old 05-20-2007, 04:54 PM

deffinately a great how to because when im in the mood to clean my car the way i like it im just like you!