Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

CenLA Cajun Nationals Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenLA Cajun Nationals Auto Show

So I was at England Airpark in Alexandria LA today, showed up pretty early to have a look around, I have NEVER entered a car in a show in my life, and for the most part my car "appears completely stock" minus the obvious triple gauge pillar, exhaust and tires and tank in the trunk. I wasn't sure what to do to score extra points for work I have done on the car, but figured maybe the build sheet (receipts included) and some pictures would get me a few extra points. I gathered up everything last night and made myself a couple pages worth of portfolio, I included some action shots and left it at that, I also included the original GM build sheet and invoice for the car itself.

Anyways, we got there, and I drove through a construction zone to get to the show and realized the car got loaded up with dust. I spent last night with the machine buffer to get out some hard water stains and minor scratches from racing. There were some withstanding imperfections but everything turned out well. When I got to the show with the car we went ahead and wiped it down, I then put on the tire shine on both the tires, and wheel wells, then the trim at the door sill, the door seals, trunk seals and a couple things on the engine, which is actually VERY clean from the recent replacement.

Judging went pretty well, nothing obvious, I missed cleaning my pedals off and my trunk carpet still had a stain from some parts I bought that leaked a bit in the trunk. They used the MASS scoring system, I don't know what I scored, I'm not expecting greatness I just brought a clean car that I actually drive everyday and have fun with on the weekends. The judge told me scoring is generally higher on cars driven in than trailered, and he says he knows how hard it is to clean black and the points respect a clean black car, aside from that I'll post results tomorrow. Wish me luck, maybe I'll get a small trophy, they've got trophy's for overall winners, and category wins.

Things to note when I setup our little spot, people NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE SS/TC, apparently however, even the guys with the old school cars came over and really appreciated the technology were especially curious to hear it run, asked questions about direct injection, the younger guys hovered around the new challengers, the couple corvettes, and the scion club that showed up. I was one of only two domestic FWDs to show up and the other was a G6 GT.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE: Took 23rd out of 155 in points. Works for me, some steep competition.