Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Show & Shine (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/)
-   -   Clean Ricaro's (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/clean-ricaros-230601/)

N1ckateen 10-11-2010 06:30 PM

Clean Recaro's

well the recaro's are great seats when it comes to sitting in them, but when it comes to looking at them they are shit. no matter what touches them they stain. Does anyone reccommend a certain product on how to get all these stains out?

GSDIESEL300 10-11-2010 06:41 PM

how about some good old nylon spotter?

N1ckateen 10-11-2010 06:42 PM

idk lol. thats why i'm askin. they don't have to be perfect. i just wanna have somethin there to clean them with every once in a while that actually cleans them.

GSDIESEL300 10-11-2010 06:48 PM

idk if it will work but it got out a grease stain from my headliner perfectly.

Billy Baldone 10-11-2010 07:21 PM

How about spelling them correctly?

damien 10-11-2010 07:23 PM

I feel you..Everything i've tried makes more stains. I'm going to try to Resolve upholstery cleaner as my last bet..If it doesn't work steam cleaning by a professional.

ssblackstealth 10-11-2010 07:26 PM

mini wet vac ftw!! thats what i did to mine when i had em, add in a little shampoo to the wet vac and have fun seeing all the black/brown crap that comes offa them and then let em dry good

joshcsepegi 10-11-2010 08:14 PM

I have been usinh the tuff stuff apulst cleaner in gobs then wet vac it off

N1ckateen 10-12-2010 12:58 AM

i'll keep this in mind. sorry bought the title. i was tired lol

thedude411 10-12-2010 01:10 AM

any of u ever try scotch guarding them???

ssblackstealth 10-12-2010 01:43 PM

nope....id be careful with em tho

jdunn622 10-13-2010 01:24 AM

these seats suck ass too keep clean but yea get upholstry cleaner and wet vac them. im currently trying to find someone to take the cloth part out and replace it with black suede

damien 10-13-2010 07:04 PM

Gonna throw this out there..

A guy i know rec. some windex on a brush, and scrub. Then blobbing it up with a rag and let air dry. I was skeptical it'd change color of the fabric but no, it actually cleaned them and got a ton of stains out. Gonna hit it again with more solution and hopefully they're gone 100%

blackICEbomb 10-13-2010 10:03 PM

i am a pro detailer for a living and i learned this trick among others over the years

everyone is going to think i am crazy...but this works!

use brake cleaner! as odd as it seems...but the chemicals are identical to dry cleaning solution. i didnt believe it at first either but all you do is soak the affected area with it and let it dry some...blot with a towel and then let dry completely. come back later to find no stain!

ssblackstealth 10-13-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by blackICEbomb (Post 5296481)
i am a pro detailer for a living and i learned this trick among others over the years

everyone is going to think i am crazy...but this works!

use brake cleaner! as odd as it seems...but the chemicals are identical to dry cleaning solution. i didnt believe it at first either but all you do is soak the affected area with it and let it dry some...blot with a towel and then let dry completely. come back later to find no stain!

very nice!!

whyyoumadson? 10-13-2010 10:29 PM

heres what i do ill see if i can get a pic......

tuff stuff
soft nylon birssel brush
paper towels
terry cloth

basically ill spray on some tuff stuff, let it soak in, spray some more aggitate it lightly with a brush and blot off with a paper towel. repeat but this time instead of a paper towell i use the terry cloth. works like a charm every time!

kikal8 01-12-2011 05:20 AM

ive got the recaro's aha and i was literally driving my car home when i bought it and i was drinking a soda while getting off and exit. ha as im taking a sip, all of a sudden a fucking porshe drives by going like 90 and it was sooo fucking loud haha. i dropped my soda in my lap and some of it seaped into the recaro. ha anyways. so after a week or 2 the stain bugged me. i asked my brother whos 7 years older than me, what would be a good fabric cleaner and he said. go steal moms resolve. haha so ever since then i have used resolve. it works pretty damn good for the 4 dollars it is for a can of it. ha spray it on, let it soak in and once its all soaked in vaccum it then dab with paper towels or something really absorbent. then vaccum again, then dag some more and then vaccum. do as much as needed then ya. your stain should be mostly gone if not completely. (resolve can be found at any grocery store in the cleaner isle)

averagewhiteboy 01-12-2011 06:45 PM

I recently came into this. My Recaro's were used when I got them (the blue Ion ones) and were in fair condition in terms of center material cleanliness. Well recently I've had a couple drink spots and they look like the snowman jizzed all over my seats. It looks terrible. I'll need to look into this stuff..

N1ckateen 01-12-2011 11:12 PM

I ended up getting some upholstery cleaner from autozone. works like a charm. after i vaccum or i'll just whipe is with a rag then crank the heat all the way up and let it sit for about 10 minutes and it's like new!

Shogokuma 01-14-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Baldone (Post 5290781)
How about spelling them correctly?

there goes the spelling police again.

averagewhiteboy 01-15-2011 01:02 PM

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EIAketE5n...lling-fail.jpg

KillahB 01-18-2011 03:12 PM

there is this stuff i use that i get from Canadian Tire (can get it anywhere), its called Salt Eraser..
Its an Aerosol used for removing salt stains on carpets in cars. You spray it on the stain, and due to its high alcohol content it removes the stain, doesnt stain, and evaporates. Ive taken some nasty stains out of my recaro seats with it.. Great product, cheap, and effective.

Kahless 01-20-2011 05:28 PM

little green machine. i use it to clean up all the stains on my carpets and furniture. never used it in the balt tho.