Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

good buffer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can u pm me the second part of the message it got deleted and when i saved it i couldnt get the links to work.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Here's why I like the Meguires paint correction sytem on this forum.A lot of the guys on here in this thread are novices at using a buffer/polisher,I think that 2 step system is an excellent starting point for a whole bunch of people who want to take out the swirls and clean up their paint.I think after time and practice they will move onto other products that are a bit more time consuming,yet more rewarding.So for a PC and the Meg's system you spend about 200 bucks,add in some Cobra microfibers,and for under 250 you have a very easy to use system that gets you miles ahead of the wal mart buffer days.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a armor all buffer, lasts around 20 mins on a charge
Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned

im gettin about 100 bucks worth of meguiars products plus microfiber towls and a mitt and the pc and pads for around 160 iv dealt with the whole detailing thing before but all iv ever used is swirl remover polish and wax. but without a buffer is all

thats why iv got so much ?s about using a buffer before i get into it and trust me i know the work takes HOURS i clayed my car along time ago and took about 6 hours to do the whole thing plus the wash and wax
Old 05-05-2011, 04:56 AM

good deal where'd you order from?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 AM

i still think 105 204 is the best bet over that system. ive had better results with the correct pads. i think hes getting it from meguiars but i told him go elseware and shop for prices because people can do it better. but i have purchased quite a bit from meguiars direct because they do have the best prices i find usually and if they are more expensive i buy elseware.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 AM

well I can go on and quote autogeek and read writeups that I think are way too detailed and specific that make an easy process look hard. Listen its not hard. I do this for a living. At the shop we have 2 Makita Rotary's, and I own a Harbor Freight rotary untill i go out and buy something else, and I use to grab the shops makitas, but right now my harbor freight buffer paid for itself in 1 car and i believe I did about 15 cars with it alone and I havent picked up a Makita in I cant tell you how long. Now I dont feel like going into any specifics because i dont go around throwing numbers and products around like omg u gotta use 105 then 225 on a orange pad and then follow up with this and this and this. Whatever who cares.

In the end, its detailing, theres a million things out there and everyone likes there own ****. Wanna know what my favorite stuff is so far? Malco. Malco UFC Compound is a real gritty compound, really works nice and removes sand scratches easy as hell and I LOVE working with it. My favorite compound iv ever worked with. Do i recommend a nub use it. No.

My favorite polish to follow that compound with, and the only thign I recommend you buy, Malco Nano Care. Its a purple bottle and it smells like grape. its a real liquidy polish, doesnt dry out, does a GREAT job, super easy to work with. I use 3M pads. Wool for all over compounds, foam for scratch repair compounding, black for all polishing. Blue 3m ultra fine pad with 3M ultrafine machine polish on a black car.

Heres one I did yesterday

Harbor Freight buffer. Malco compounds. 3M pad. Yellow Meguirs Carnuba paste wax from autozone.

dont mind the exhaust tip

You have any more questions PM me. Id be happy to help you out. If you know what your doing you can make it work, maybe you need to spend 600 bucks to buff a car if your a nub idk? I do want to eventually get a flex buffer they seem super light and badass i dont think i need 5 different size pads though. i did all this with 1 size pad
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 AM

You can't recommend a rotary to a new just yet dude. That's asking for screweed up paint.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

im def. gonna go with the pc for right now im sure thatll work perfectly for me
yes i am ordering most of my supplies from meguiars direct. but i will do alil more looking around before i order doesnt neccesarly have to be the cheapest stuff but i want it to work. iv never had any issues with my supplies to work by hand but its just such a pain and thats why im askin for the correct steps with a buffer.

every1 has there preference of supplies i guess and i thank you all for the help.
its hard to decide
Old 05-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Porter is a great buffer for everyday detailing and upkeep and great for any level user. Griots garage makes a orbital similar for a cheaper price and just need better pads and compounds. I use a dewalt rotary but it requires alot of skill for a clean swirl free finish especially on dark cars and burning panels is easy if you don't hit it right especially on the thin cheap clearcoat on these cars. Just get a good buffer for your skill level and you should be fine.