Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Hand-done swirl removal in under 10 min

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% Agree, I don’t think you can remove them by hand permanently

Last edited by Turbo Wax; 05-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turbo Wax
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh WTF do you know?!?!?!?!? !!! Sorry couldn't help myself!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 AM

****....10 minutes!? If I am using a rotory, it will take at least 20 to do a fender. If I am using a PC, it will take about 30 minutes min to completely polish a fender - and that is if the paint is in decent shape. Plus...I tend to take my time...I dont detail for a paycheck...but it is a bit of a hobby..so I put in the extra care.

And for the guy who said that you dont need heat to remove swirls - yes...you do...in fact almost every polish known to man uses the heat from pad friction to either break down the diminishing abrasives in the polish, aid the lubricating agent during the polishing, or help to flash off any solvents that may be part of the polish. You can glaze a car by hand and fill the swirls to a degree...but to remove them - yes...you NEED a machine (PC, Rotary, FLEX, etc)
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Oh WTF do you know?!?!?!?!? !!! Sorry couldn't help myself!

I know, I know

Pully Police, I agree with you too,lol

If you take our swirl remover as an example,which contains millions of tiny white abrasives that gradually disappear under the friction of the pad. ( because of the heat action ) The abrasives gently wear down the sharp edges of the swirl until light no longer catches on them. Because swirls are very shallow scratches, it only takes a little blending to level the swirl with the surrounding paint. As this occurs, the abrasives are gradually vanishing. Within seconds, the abrasives melt into the lubricants and your paint is left swirl-free.

That is until you wash it again using the wrong tools or when you dry it. but what works for some don't work for others.My guess....
Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 AM

To everyone in this thread that posted.... Thanks for killing 30min at workk
Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

As Reference....

And because the sun is blindingly bright out today... your in luck,

Even shows the spots i need to go over.... not bad for a grand total of 30 min with only abrassive and polish yesterday.

Originally Posted by 05redline
LMAO at the shortbuss self-proclaimed pro detailers.

You are not going to remove swirling by hand, all you're doing is filling it and making it less noticeable.
^^^ sorry newb award goes to this guy

You sir are wrong. and 3m is not a FILLER. Look it up online. It is strictly abrassive. If you knew anything you wouldnt even open your mouth after I just clowned you all about swirl removal.

Oh the hood shots... forgot,

Here is the spot i missed as reference,

And now the spots I actually got,

Case closed, no swirls, intense light and contrast to help spot them for you.

Last edited by rrutter81; 05-11-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by rrutter81
As Reference....

See all that crap radiating out from the light source?? That crap is swirls / holograms / hazing catching the light at 90 degree angles from the light source. It looks like you did not work in the polish enough.

Not flaming you...but go to www.autopia.org and go to the "Click and Brag" section of the forums. Look for the threads with the black cars...and see the photos that they take of direct sunlight shots and compare them to your photos side by side...then you will see why people are knocking what you say.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pully Police
See all that crap radiating out from the light source?? That crap is swirls / holograms / hazing catching the light at 90 degree angles from the light source. It looks like you did not work in the polish enough.

Not flaming you...but go to www.autopia.org and go to the "Click and Brag" section of the forums. Look for the threads with the black cars...and see the photos that they take of direct sunlight shots and compare them to your photos side by side...then you will see why people are knocking what you say.
I'm too lazy to work on the paint that long,

This is reference for swirl removal and yes I didnt work in the polish enough. That is a whole new section.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:00 PM

I'm too lazy to work on the paint that long,

This is reference for swirl removal and yes I didnt work in the polish enough. That is a whole new section.
Then you need to use a less abrasive polish after to clean up the hazing that it leaves behind. Mind you...in your defense, black paint is very difficult to work with..and on a silver car, this would probably look top-notch. Any dark, solid colour will be a challenge to detail and will usually take a bit of learning to get it looking close to 100%. Crap...I have been detailing for awhile now...on my own time..and I know a fair bit. But when I have to do a friends black vechicle...I tell them that they need to leave it with me for at least 3 nights or for the weekend
Old 05-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Banned

Then you need to use a less abrasive polish after to clean up the hazing that it leaves behind. Mind you...in your defense, black paint is very difficult to work with..and on a silver car, this would probably look top-notch. Any dark, solid colour will be a challenge to detail and will usually take a bit of learning to get it looking close to 100%. Crap...I have been detailing for awhile now...on my own time..and I know a fair bit. But when I have to do a friends black vechicle...I tell them that they need to leave it with me for at least 3 nights or for the weekend
ah screw that man, lol

I just want it to look nice, im not trying to get everything a million % perfect. Thanks for keeping it real
Old 05-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned

^^^ sorry newb award goes to this guy

You sir are wrong. and 3m is not a FILLER. Look it up online. It is strictly abrassive. If you knew anything you wouldnt even open your mouth after I just clowned you all about swirl removal.

Oh the hood shots... forgot,

Here is the spot i missed as reference,

And now the spots I actually got,

It looks like you're the newb here kid.

You didn't "clown" anyone but yourself. That looks like absolute **** with all of the hazing and swirls you have going on there now, actually worse than before. Where is the improvement supposed to be at? I don't see it
Old 05-11-2008, 03:25 PM

holy haze batman!

****....10 minutes!? If I am using a rotory, it will take at least 20 to do a fender. If I am using a PC, it will take about 30 minutes min to completely polish a fender - and that is if the paint is in decent shape. Plus...I tend to take my time...I dont detail for a paycheck...but it is a bit of a hobby..so I put in the extra care.

And for the guy who said that you dont need heat to remove swirls - yes...you do...in fact almost every polish known to man uses the heat from pad friction to either break down the diminishing abrasives in the polish, aid the lubricating agent during the polishing, or help to flash off any solvents that may be part of the polish. You can glaze a car by hand and fill the swirls to a degree...but to remove them - yes...you NEED a machine (PC, Rotary, FLEX, etc)
exactly what ive been saying this entire thread. thank you

Last edited by hatrickstu; 05-11-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
holy haze batman!

exactly what ive been saying this entire thread. thank you
find a swirl you idiot.

Looks hazed because it is so glossed and the angle with the sun. That thing is a damn mirror as ive shown before. Im done with you. My hand work removed every swirl.

If you wanted reflections, I could have skipped this and just shown you the last car show pics with that one swirled pic.

I've officially owned every moron who thinks you CAN NOT remove swirls without a rotary. You dont need it, tell them to STFU and im using a clear day's GA sun in May.

Hell i just got complimented on how nice the paint was when I went to the store today.

Here we go... lets see how hazed my paint really is....

*** It rained the night before this shot and i did NOT wash it. So this is a day after the elements.

So hazed isnt it? god its killing me....and the swirls? omfg i fail.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:06 PM

your right man, you proved all 10 of us wrong. epic win for you
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
your right man, you proved all 10 of us wrong. epic win for you
Of course i proved anyone else who thought it couldnt be done wrong. I gave you **** shots of my paint with no reserve and gave the WORST ones to this thread.

Yea.... owned to all the newbs who think removing their clearcoat 5mm at a time makes their paint love them.

edit: in defense of the rotary method, there is a use, but only with imperfections in paint that hand-work can not do. ie: paint imperfections, pits, in clear coat.

I still love the befores and afters ROFL... so epicly owned its not funny

To those of you who think im just "filling the swirls"

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/3m-scratch-remover.html

You will only get better results with a cutting pad.

Last edited by rrutter81; 05-14-2008 at 12:23 AM.