Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Turtle Wax "ICE"

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Turtle Wax "ICE"

I was in walmart just to pass some time while my wife is out of town... goin through the car section and i saw the turtle wax "ICE" liquid wax....
I usually will never buy anything they have to push that hard with tv commercials because i believe a product should be able to sell itself.... but with the wife out of town i figured what the hell so i coughed up and spent $16 on some car wax.... well 2 hours after i got home it was the best money i have spent in a long long long time... the only complaint i have has nothing to do with the wax itself but more the paint job chevy did on the cobalts.... the shine is freekin amazing but you can see all of the imperfections in the paint from the factory... and all the plastic (black on the mirrors, grill inserts.. stupid mudflaps the previous owner opted for when he ordered the car...) the stuff that gets ruined when you get regular wax on it.... SHINES... so if you got the cash and 2 hours on your hands go pick some "ICE" liquid wax... wash it... wax it.... crack a cold one and sit in your driveway with a smile on your face.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Spyd3rSS
I was in walmart just to pass some time while my wife is out of town... goin through the car section and i saw the turtle wax "ICE" liquid wax....
I usually will never buy anything they have to push that hard with tv commercials because i believe a product should be able to sell itself.... but with the wife out of town i figured what the hell so i coughed up and spent $16 on some car wax.... well 2 hours after i got home it was the best money i have spent in a long long long time... the only complaint i have has nothing to do with the wax itself but more the paint job chevy did on the cobalts.... the shine is freekin amazing but you can see all of the imperfections in the paint from the factory... and all the plastic (black on the mirrors, grill inserts.. stupid mudflaps the previous owner opted for when he ordered the car...) the stuff that gets ruined when you get regular wax on it.... SHINES... so if you got the cash and 2 hours on your hands go pick some "ICE" liquid wax... wash it... wax it.... crack a cold one and sit in your driveway with a smile on your face.
Sounds like a plan. Now if only I could get 2 hours of free time lol. As for the imperfections it would not be a bad idea to wash the car first. Then use a clay bar, then wax. Should help take care of most of those imperfections.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:21 PM

lol nice always used meguiars got the whole line up lol
Old 06-09-2007, 06:29 PM

I have been a die hard mcguires fan for the last 10 years and own the whole line.... and the ice put them to shame... as far as the clay bar it imperfections from prep on an assembly line... not noticeable unless you really really really look for them... i should have been more clear about that... and the car was thouroughly washed that was part of the 2 hours that comes with the territory.... the imperfections are just minor minor dimples and waves... the stuff that you wouldnt see with maybe 1 or 2 additional coats of color and another layer of clear... but then again its a 21k compact not a 50k corvette so i cant fault chevy on that one... i wouldnt give up my car for anything... except maybe a z06 or a evo x just to have the "family" car.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:53 PM

I've been using ICE since it came out..Yes it is worth the money.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:57 PM

So this beats Meguiars Gold Class wax?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just watched a half hour infomercial on it the other day and thought i should get some. glad it works so well. did you use the whole kit with the liquid claybar? Did you wax it in the sun like they say you could??
Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 AM

it was 104 today when i waxed it and no problems at all seeing as i live in hell aka AZ i didnt want to wait till 10 at night to wax the car... and no i have not tried the clay bar yet.... im really thinkin about it though
Old 06-10-2007, 02:54 PM

schweet
Old 06-10-2007, 03:56 PM

i think im gonna try the clay bar . my car got keyed by an ex girlfriend 3 time's.. yea three different time's and i just recently got it repainted and the place that did it sucked .I see alot of imperfections but im gonna try the clay bar and wax and see what happens . sorry for the long post im bored and wanna type LoL
Old 06-10-2007, 08:35 PM

I just finished the complete system i started with the liquid clay bar and finshed with 2 coats of the liquid polish, and the car looks awesome! i love it simple and quick!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

i used all if it

Liquid ClayBar
Wax
Polish(detail spray)

and it looks amazing!!! the detail spray really works between washes & the liquid claybar is easy... shake it, apply it, rinse it off... & the wax does wonders too. I did mine back in april & the water still beads like the day i put it on for a great product...

Even a detail buddy of mine was inpressed about how well it did, he even bought some for his car
Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 PM

I just bought the liquid clay bar. Used it on my hood, bumper, and front corner panels. It really seems to work quiet well. The rest of the car is soon to come. Have'nt got a chance to use the wax yet. Still got some free Egale 1 nanowax that I'm working through.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 PM

god that **** is so terrible.. how can you like it
Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 AM

Ive heard decent things about the ICE wax. The only downfall with it is durability because it does not last very long. But for someone looking to wax there car quickly, it isnt bad at all. The liquid claybar is pure garbage. Nothing will beat the real claybar. I love Meguiar's claybar kit. You get 2 bars (Only need half of one for a car), wax, detailer, and microfiber towel for $18
Old 06-30-2007, 07:15 AM

Turtle Wax has me listed as a product tester. They send me new products and then I write reviews on them. They sent me the ICE stuff to try, here is my writeup on it.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...-wax-products/

There are tons of better products out there that work much better for less money. Duragloss lineup has tons better stuff. #101/#105 combo will blow ICE out of the water, and both cost less than ICE polish.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 PM

I think detailing has more-so to do with prep work. In this pic you will see a black c5 waxed with ICE, next to a red c6z waxed with the almighty Zaino.. Is there REALLY any difference? Other than the fact that a Zaino kit will run you $100

Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i bought the turtle wax ice a few days ago and ill say its decent. if the paint is already great looking, car has been clay barred, then its going to look good. it took around an hour and a half or so for the wax to haze over in the shade, so it needs to be done in sunlight!

but i wasnt impressed with turtle wax at all. the only thing that i liked about it was the fact it could be smeared on plastic trim without the white residue. so im sticking to the mothers still.

oh yeah, NEVER USE TURTLE WAX ICE CLAY BAR!!!!!!!!! it does NOTHING!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by HotSauce
I think detailing has more-so to do with prep work. In this pic you will see a black c5 waxed with ICE, next to a red c6z waxed with the almighty Zaino.. Is there REALLY any difference? Other than the fact that a Zaino kit will run you $100

yes.. the zaino will last for months
Old 07-01-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by SK360
yes.. the zaino will last for months
True, but for someone who wants to wax there car once a month, and quickly, it really doesnt matter how long Zaino lasts. Not everyone wants to drop $100 on a Zaino kit..they just want quick/cheap solutions.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 PM

i live in florida and use ice with no problems in sun. great product
Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up Great inexpensive product.

I bought an ICE kit as Costco for $20, it came with a microfiber towel, an appplication pad, the liquid wax, and the spray-on liquid detailer. It did not take long to do. It was good enough to make me think that other waxes can't do SO much better than this, and I think ICE was a good price too. I want to try the liquid clay bar. I also used the ICE car wash, that worked really great.

Looking back, I don't think I let it haze over, I waited a few minutes like it the product said, and I just went at it. Still came out fine though.

On side note, I read this earlier in the thread, this does in fact bring out imperfections in the paint, I have one dimple and few small scratches.

Here are pictures.
Before:

After (washed and waxed):

I know its not the same angle but you get the idea.

If you'll notice the wheels here, I only washed them, no wax or anything:

So everything taken into cosideration, I would only switch from ICE to try other products because this is the only one I have ever tried, but I am extremely happy with it.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Im about to buy this kit tomorro liquid claybar and wax> to do my brothers mazda tribute,question is can I use these products on his cladding as well?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM

whats the difference between a clay bar and liquid clay bar? i know ICE makes liquid clay bar. is that any good
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM

The liquid claybar is junk. Its just a bunch of fillers to produce a smooth surface. The real claybar will pull up all the contaminants in/on the paint and produce a smooth and clean surface ready for wax.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax "ICE"