Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Tutle Wax - Ice Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a bottle of the stuff and I loved it when I had my Cavalier. I found that it worked great but it was messy as hell. Once you use the liquid clay bar you need to rewash the car again. Good product but just as time consuming as a true clay bar.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Yes a "CLAY BAR" is exactly that, a bar of clay that you use a instant detailer spray for lube, and rub it over the cars surface to remove surface contaminates, and leave a smooth surface for polishing afterwards! I have used the "ICE" wax and it is horrible, stick with a real clay bar man, it's actually very easy to use, I used Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit, it was 15.00 at any auto parts stores! And then wax as usual afterwards and it looks great!
There is my car after the Clay Bar, and Meguiars NXT Paste Wax!
damn man looks really good
Old 04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor

My 0.02 If I may

The NEW generation of clay bars that you will start to see more and more

Turbo Wax Bug / oxidation remover can be used to quickly and safely remove bonded contaminants, dropping and insect grime from automotive finishes. For automotive paint finishes, this product has the same function and environmentally safety as clay-based stain removers.

The value and benefits:

1)Just use with water, no need to buy other tool or special detergents for rigid stain.

2)Reduce over half time of removing contaminants: Use friendly and it is very easy and quick to remove dropping, insect grime and containments, which bonded on paint finish and only operate with water.

3)Extra value: This product also has same function of clay based and polish when use properly, Will work better than any clay bar.

4)Environmentally friendly: Just use with water and decrease water pollution.

5)Long lifespan of product: At least wash 20 to 35 times in properly use and store.

From another post

Today during a detail job I took a break to play around, here's the mother of all over sprays, the car sits in a yard next to a marine paint booth, what you see in the roof is overspray, the entire roof is FULL of it, actually the entire car, or what’s left of it, I was able to remove 99% of it with our bug and oxidation remover, it really did an awesome job, after that I use our swirl remover, pre wax and wax I did use the Porter Cable Machine.

Sample with it

Caly Bar in General

Clay is a mixture of clay base and various mild abrasives. Clay along with a clay lubricant is used to remove paint contamination. Road grime, tar, bugs, rust, tree sap and even paint overspray can be removed with a clay bar.

Clay bars differ in color and density but what is most important, type and amount of abrasive particles they contain. All clay bars will be labeled from "mild" to "strong" abrasive quality. Claying does not remove the clear coat of the paint but can cause marring or dullness if used incorrectly.

When using a clay bar sufficient lubrication must be present to avoid scratching the paint. It takes a few passes of clay to feel the difference on the surface of the paint. To evaluate the effectiveness of claying dry the area and assess the paint and the bar. The paint should become slick to touch. The clay bar used should be turning gray. If the clay bar is dropped it must be discarded.

The clay bar should be folded over frequently to expose clean surface. Claying does not replace polishing/wax. It is a part of a process.