2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Changing Front Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing Front Rotors

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed a million times on these forums but I was looking to get the ZZP drilled and slotted rotors, has anyone purchased/used them and if so any reviews. I know the stock rotors are awesome but just looking for a little change and like the looks of em too. I would be running them with the stock Ferrodo pads.
Any thoughts or opinions on these rotors?
Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
they are rotors. They stop the car. really thats all there is to it. I cant say that one rotor of a similar cast/size/weight stops a car faster than another set of rotors because of holes or slots because it really is negligible.

just make sure they at least meet oem specs and get the best valued rotors your money can buy. Pads have more of an effect in stopping power than the rotor.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree totally but some make more noise or vibrate under hard braking more then others and was just wondering if anyone had these issues with the ZZp rotors?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I used stop tech off rockauto.com and haven't had any problems with so far just break in any set you get
Old 05-23-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Good choice on staying with Ferrodo pads. They are the best, bar none (with the exception of race pads).
Drilled rotors are much more prone to cracking when they get hot and cool back off over and over.Generally (almost) all aftermarket rotors for our cars start as cheap Chinese blanks that are of inferior quality.
If you're just interested in looks, go ahead. If you want the best rotor, get OEM blank stockers made in Germany. Link to the best price online here:

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
If youre hearing noise or there is vibration in the rotor, its more than likely due to a poor bed in process. Any rotor can warp over time and use. Ive had R1 Premium rotors which are G3500 cast iron grade warp and cause pulsation after 4-5 years of use. I am using their Eline series now with no vibration and pulse as all.

rockauto is a good place to get rotors inexpensively with the cross drilled and slotted look. Or you could use amazon to get R1concepts stuff.

Amazon Amazon

Thats what I do, I just buy the pads I want to use or use their in-house pads. really they are fine.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I run the stock pads and drilled r1 concept rotors. Many will tell you if you brake hard that they are prone to cracking. Personally I don't road race where they get the most abuse, but I do drag race a fair amount and am in them hard at the top end running 120mph and they haven't failed me in the 3 years I've been running them. They are also a supporting vendor.
If you go with slotted (which is overkill unless road coursing it) you will wear the pads much quicker.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah get oem pads they last a long time for a DD and whatever rotors you like. I need to rebuild my drive side wore a inside pad while the other 3 had 50%ish sad but life. The zzp break kit has my eye but like said above I'm not a huge fan of slotted and or drilled rotors. and oem pads and rotors last like 30k+ miles unless you drive crazy hard.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
I run the stock pads and drilled r1 concept rotors. Many will tell you if you brake hard that they are prone to cracking. Personally I don't road race where they get the most abuse, but I do drag race a fair amount and am in them hard at the top end running 120mph and they haven't failed me in the 3 years I've been running them. They are also a supporting vendor.
If you go with slotted (which is overkill unless road coursing it) you will wear the pads much quicker.
Honestly the only reason on our cars to go slotted is if you aren't a fan of the brake delay in rain. I run slotted Powerstops (cryo'd and coated) with a semi metallic pad for the cold weather and the response in rain is significantly better than the stock blanks. If the OP is looking for DD use I'm sure the ZZP kit will do him fine, if you're going to go road racing like Colodude does stick with the stockers
Old 05-24-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I went with the slotted due to the water shedding, funny it isn't driven in rain.... but they look nice just the same.