Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Help car wont move!!!

Old 06-18-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help car wont move!!!

Guys i really need some Help here. Bought my 05 SS SC with a Stage 2 clutch in feb and they had just replaced the whole tranny. It wouldnt shift if you rev'ed over 3 grand it would lock out and it would sometimes have motor drag in neutral So here i am 4 months later Im driving down the road petal to the floor wont move. Have a buddy come with a trailer talked to Powell from Powell racing (bad ass super nice guy) says sounds like its the Clutch master Cylinder. Replaced it bled the lines clutch feels fantastic! Start it up put it in first release the clutch and ...nothing... My buddy thinks they put the clutch plate in wrong says it happens alot with these. I have no idea ive driven a stick since i was 13 never had issues. Called the guy i got the car from he told me this is EXACTLY what it did before when they changed the transmission out. There is no way in hell the tranny should be doing this after 4 months. Anyone have any clue at all or had a similar issue?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
So before your clutch wouldn't disengage and now with a new master cylinder it won't engage? In any gear?
Old 06-21-2018, 10:05 AM

sorry ive been working on my other car and havent been paying attention because i work also. Ok so i was driving down the road and the clutch petal went to the floor. I towed it home replaced the Clutch master cylinder bled the clutch have great petal and nope wont go anywhere in any gear at all.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Pull the transmission and inspect the clutch. Or at the minimum pull the fuse box and look at the shifter linkage on the transmission.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:02 AM

i did inspect the linkage when i replaced the Clutch master cylinder it looks fine. The problem im having here is the fact that the car did this 4 months ago and they expected it to be the clutch ect. However when they removed the tranny nothing looked wrong, so they got another limited slip tranny and put everything from the previous tranny back in it and it worked....for 4 months. Now its doing it again. The Limited slip tranny they just put in only had 90k miles there is no reason after 4 months it should be bad again? Not to mention i never could figure out why it would lock out if it rev'd over 4 grand, it did that before as well.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny da Mota
i did inspect the linkage when i replaced the Clutch master cylinder it looks fine. The problem im having here is the fact that the car did this 4 months ago and they expected it to be the clutch ect. However when they removed the tranny nothing looked wrong, so they got another limited slip tranny and put everything from the previous tranny back in it and it worked....for 4 months. Now its doing it again. The Limited slip tranny they just put in only had 90k miles there is no reason after 4 months it should be bad again? Not to mention i never could figure out why it would lock out if it rev'd over 4 grand, it did that before as well.

Lockout in higher rpms is typically from the clutch dragging. Have you ever replace the throw-out bearing/cylinder?

You say you had great pedal, what exactly does that mean? Will your car go into gear when it is shut off but not when it is running? This would be the case if your clutch isn't disengaging. Or will your car go into all gears when the car is running but it won't start to roll when you release the clutch? This would be the case if your clutch is not engaging.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:41 PM

after speaking with a guy thats having the same issue i think i need a throw out bearing spacer from ZZP because of TOB space, by great petal i mean it has and holds pressure the tranny goes into gear you can hear it and feel it but it doesnt move at all. Like its in constant neutral.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:52 PM

If your clutch doesn't engage as you are describing a throw out bearing spacer isn't going to help you. Something is mucked up or stuck. Your clutch should be engaged in its at rest position. The TOB presses against the pressure plate fingers to disengage the clutch. A TOB spacer only makes the TOB extend against the pressure plate further which would be opposite of the direction you are needing your clutch to go. Unless your master cylinder is stuck your problem is either with the TOB or Pressure plate. You can verify it is not the master cylinder by opening the bleeder nipple and releasing any pressure if it is holding any for any reason. If you release the pressure and the clutch still isn't engaging I'm afraid you will have to drop the trans to have a look and see what is wrong. It's possible some incorrect or out of spec parts were used.