Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

No crank, no fuel, no cluster lights..

Old 06-23-2018, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No crank, no fuel, no cluster lights..

Hello my fellow members. I am having quite a dilemma here and want to see if anyone can help. A friend of mine purchased a 2006 Cobalt SS. It didnt run when he got it and the theft light was on and it wouldnt crank or fuel pump prime. But all the cluster lights, boost gauge etc worked. So we figured that was the end of that but upon further looking we came apon the main ground for the car was not attached so we bolted it back into the factory area. Ever since we done that the none of the cluster lights work besides the theft light it will come on when the car is switched to acc or run and it goes off as normal. The boost gauge doesnt work either with the main ground bolted on. The only thing missing in this car is the radio. Someone cut the factory pig tail out and thats all that is missing. We took a green wire from the stereo and rubbed it against the metal in the head unit casing and the boost gauge lit up but still no start no crank. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE please help if possible. Thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 PM

By the way the battery is brand new and all the fuses check out
Old 06-24-2018, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The stock radio should ride on the in-vehcile data bus (i.e. CANbus) and if the harness was cut or hacked and shorting out could cause a problem with the computer and other modules on the bus talking correctly. That might cause an anti-theft problem but off memory I don't think it would cause a power problem to the cluster and gauge.

If you've already found ground wire problems it might be beneficial to picking up a copy of the factory service manuals and start going over the wiring harness. It might be something simple but takes some time to track down.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:06 AM

Okay we have got it rigged to run and everything working but next question for the moment all the part stores are closed. Will this car run without a belt just so we can see if its going to run
Old 06-24-2018, 04:32 AM

The stock water pump on the LSJ is driven by the timing chain, so it should be fine to drive a short distance if you have a great battery that's fully charged.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:06 AM

Okay update so we found out that the number one injector was stopped up so we cleaned it. We are getting fuel , still dont have a belt at the moment but the vehicle should start but its not so we popped the coils and spark plugs out and getting very little to no fire and its not consistent. We have replaced coil packs, plugs the works you name it we have done it. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried to find an Icm on this car to be told there isnt one. Please Help TIA
Old 06-27-2018, 04:24 AM

I'd still suggest picking up a shop manual and going over the harness and charging system cables. The symptoms sound like a bad ground, battery/alternator or something else causing low voltage. If you have a multi-meter it might be good to check voltage at the coil and a few other spots.