Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Facebook "Like" Button Causing CSS Thread Browsing Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Facebook "Like" Button Causing CSS Thread Browsing Issues

Recently, when going to threads on here, the page will state "Done" in the browser, but will then do a quick refresh every second or so. After looking into it, it appears that the Facebook "Like" button keeps hopping up and down slightly.

It may be a Facebook issue of some sort, but it makes navigating the site difficult, as it closes any drop-down on any of the CSS toolbars I'm trying to open (unless I can get it to drop down then then click what I want before the "Like" button picutre refreshes again) and sometimes it makes text I'm typing skip too.

The only way to get around this it seems is to go back "up" to the main site page or one of the forum topic pages, where the Facebook "Like" button isn't there, and then the problem stops.

It does this on several different computers of mine that are running different browsers. It also does it whether I'm logged in or not.

Thought y'all should know.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that's what's doing it?!?!?!?!?!?! I noticed it was "twitching" this morning, but the process flashes so fast I couldn't tell what it was, my Facebook like button isn't moving, the whole bottom of my page is.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, the page sometimes twitches on mine too. I looked at some other sites, and it's doing it there too. (not the moving page in some cases, but a refresh of the pic and also something about "Javascript... false".

E-Mailed FB through both their suggestion and issues input methods. In the meantime, it might be good to temporarily remove the FB Button until this glitch passes over.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

i havent noticed anything.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stamina
Yeah, the page sometimes twitches on mine too. I looked at some other sites, and it's doing it there too. (not the moving page in some cases, but a refresh of the pic and also something about "Javascript... false".

E-Mailed FB through both their suggestion and issues input methods. In the meantime, it might be good to temporarily remove the FB Button until this glitch passes over.
Yep, I'm getting the same thing.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM

It's been doing the same thing on IE with the constant refreshing and the the Facebook "Like" button moving around. I was able to finally get a screen capture of the link in the status bar and it came up with a "Waiting for http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect/xd_proxy.php?version=0..." that if you do a search on is apparently a Facebook phishing site they use to collect data. Unless Facebook is paying a good sum of money to collect data from all the members here (probably for use in directed advertising) I'd hope this could be removed or fixed. I'd be curious to see what they scripting is doing.

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net phishing site, causes n... - Norton Community