Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Site Development and Help (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/site-development-help-44/)
-   -   Split appearance forums (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/site-development-help-44/split-appearance-forums-172106/)

TommyP 05-20-2009 06:23 PM

Split appearance forums

With appearance being such a broad topic, I feel that the forum should be split between exterior and interior appearance. It would make things much easier and would filter out all the threads for things you don't want to see. Just my opinion but if you agree or disagree say so.

REIGN SS 05-20-2009 06:24 PM

I...disagree, the less sections the better IMO

ChevyRockstar 05-20-2009 06:25 PM

i wouldnt use, yet i see no harm from doing it

sport08 05-20-2009 06:27 PM

i agree. it makes sense.

wardzach2007 05-21-2009 12:12 AM

less sections ftw

kidcrash603 05-25-2009 04:28 PM

another instance where a "thread locator" thread full of links could help....

REIGN SS 05-25-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by kidcrash603 (Post 3910037)
another instance where a "thread locator" thread full of links could help....

We have one, it's called the search tool... And as long as people use descriptive thread titles it works just dandy.

kidcrash603 05-26-2009 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS (Post 3910339)
We have one, it's called the search tool... And as long as people use descriptive thread titles it works just dandy.

Not to be a jerk but the search tool sucks.

How many times have you seen these posts? "Sorry if this is a repost but I searched and didn't find it" followed by "repost!"

I did an experiment and searched for "how to flip trunk"

The actually thread "how to: flip trunk" was the 18th result, all the way at the bottom of the page. I was 1 character off of the title and it was that far down the list?

I searched for "how to paint calipers" and the first result that even related to painting calipers was the 10th result on the SECOND PAGE OF RESULTS! (besides the fact that there are 4 or 5 different threads on how to paint them)

I even used the advanced search tool and searched for "interior" specifically in the appearance thread, and was still getting results that had nothing to do with interiors, although there were interior threads also.

Yes the search tool is helpful, but it's not the magical button that you mods would like it to be! :)

ShortStack 05-26-2009 04:25 PM

^^ Did you search thread titles or did you search the thread for those terms?

The Search ALWAYS freezes on me... never loads.. then even after 30 seconds, ill hit refresh or ill hit search again.. no matter what, it says "please wait 30 seconds".. even after i just did...

As long as you search thread titles, you get better results..

Mudcrutch 05-26-2009 04:26 PM

Sometimes it helps to use Google. Put this in the search box:

site:cobaltss.net what you want to search for