Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   South East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-east-59/)
-   -   Might be moving to NC. Anyone around Southern Pines? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-east-59/might-moving-nc-anyone-around-southern-pines-151151/)

BigTizzle903 01-17-2009 03:59 PM

Might be moving to NC. Anyone around Southern Pines?

Currently I live in NY and am a freshman in college, but I was offered a summer job in North Carolina that I'm seriously considering. It's in Southern Pines, NC and its for an electrical contracting company called Putnam Electrical. Anyone down around in that area?

Beamer 01-17-2009 04:16 PM

Southern Pines? (not sure where that is) I moved here from NY myself(live just outside of charlotte to the east).

BigTizzle903 01-18-2009 03:33 AM

It's 2 hours from Myrtle Beach at the southern portion of NC.

According to Google Maps it's not too far from Fayetteville and Fort Bragg

Hawaiian Whore 01-19-2009 02:00 PM

theres a shit ton of lsj's in fayetteville/fort bragg area

a lot of them are military tools, but some of us are pretty cool (although, i don't drive an lsj anymore, but an lnf)

BigTizzle903 01-19-2009 02:28 PM

Sweet. So what's down there? Anything exciting?

Edub83 01-19-2009 02:45 PM

I used to live close to that area. Laurinburg, to be specific. Your best bet to find something fun to get into would be Chapel Hill or Myrtle Beach.

Southern Pines is pretty much Pinehurst/Aberdeen(sp?) area.

papasmurf 01-19-2009 07:16 PM

decent amount of stuff to get into in fayetteville too. Chapel Hill is awesome too though. ;)

lnf08ecotec 01-19-2009 11:53 PM

I used to live in So. Pines.....great lil town....if you love golf anf drinking.....lol....I still have friends there bc thats where I went to Community College and worked at my first dealerships......

BigTizzle903 01-20-2009 12:52 AM

Well I can't say I'm a fan of golf, but I do enjoy drinking. Lmao. Only problem is I'm 18 and don't know the area so I don't know where I can go to get beer. Any car meets around there?

lnf08ecotec 01-22-2009 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BigTizzle903 (Post 3346065)
Well I can't say I'm a fan of golf, but I do enjoy drinking. Lmao. Only problem is I'm 18 and don't know the area so I don't know where I can go to get beer. Any car meets around there?

Well then Southern Pines is going to suck 4 u, lol.....No car meets..mostly just ricers and ricers at heart (ricers with nicer cars that want to race anyone with exhaust just to waste gas) anyways...sry dude, will suck if you move there and can't drink.....i'm sure if you're there long enough you'll get up with the right ppl.....alot of the car guys are going to be seen around Sandhills Community College bc they have a good automotive program there.....alot of the ricers will be at Sonic next to Steve Jones Honda (dealership where I got started; formerly SJ Chevrolet), and in front of Best Buy, or in front of Harris Teeter....

BigTizzle903 01-23-2009 09:34 PM

Awesome. I love ricers. Lol. We'll we will see, it may not necessarily be in Southern Pines but that's where the business is located, so I'd have to be somewhere nearby.

tru2nrtt777 01-25-2009 08:21 PM

Come to Fayetteville, we have meets, all the other cobalt guys(Eccept Drew a.k.a. Hawian Whore, Gary a.k.a Twiztedco, and John a.k.a DizNutz) are assholes though. Our usual Ricer meets are Fridays and Saturday nights 8:30-whenever at the Advance Auto on Raeford Road(the one near the Honda Dealership, not the one towards Raeford). Usually people dont get out there til almost 10 but my crew is usually out there by 8:30.

BigTizzle903 01-26-2009 01:10 AM

We'll I'll have to get in touch with you guys if I do take the job and head down there. It sounds like the meets around my place. 90% ricers, some of my friends, a couple old muscle car guys, a couple rich kids/dudes including one lambo and a couple supras, and some euros.