Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Stuff (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/stuff-137/)
-   -   For Sale Xbox 360 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/stuff-137/xbox-360-a-192085/)

SlowBalt_06 10-12-2009 10:20 PM

Xbox 360

Ok I bought an xbox off eBay when I got it it came broke .. Sent it back.. Got it back broke 3 red rings I'm not gonna deal with it anymore it's a arcade with av cables and power brick 60 shipped

weskimo 10-12-2009 10:26 PM

just send it to microsoft. they should fix it for free.. they put a extra 3 year warrenty for the red ring of death ak 3 red lights

SlowBalt_06 10-12-2009 10:28 PM

Im not gonna deal with it I went and bought a new one

-MD- HHR 10-13-2009 06:26 AM

Is the warranty seal intact?

SlowBalt_06 10-13-2009 06:33 AM

Doubt it

LamboW9 11-09-2009 10:27 AM

the RROD's are easy to fix, i bought one on here from sum1 and fixed it and it works great. If you fix the console before you sell it you can get more cash for it rather than selling it for minimal money. If your mechanically inclined i recommend fixing it. Follow case removal procedures found easily online. Clean the heat sinks of all the dust, remove X-clamps, clean gpu and cpu and apply arctic silver 5 thermal compound an reinstall heat sinks and X-clamps and enjoy your working Xbox

WickedSS2005 11-09-2009 10:41 AM

Hmmm

mcz34man 11-09-2009 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by LamboW9 (Post 4440825)
the RROD's are easy to fix, i bought one on here from sum1 and fixed it and it works great. If you fix the console before you sell it you can get more cash for it rather than selling it for minimal money. If your mechanically inclined i recommend fixing it. Follow case removal procedures found easily online. Clean the heat sinks of all the dust, remove X-clamps, clean gpu and cpu and apply arctic silver 5 thermal compound an reinstall heat sinks and X-clamps and enjoy your working Xbox

if you want it to work right and not have to keep fixin do not put the xclamp on again get the nylon washers and the screws and tighten the heat sinks to the board. when you reheat all you are doing is resolder the bad connection points on the gpu or cpu depending on error code lights

1BADSS/SC 11-09-2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by mcz34man (Post 4441046)
if you want it to work right and not have to keep fixin do not put the xclamp on again get the nylon washers and the screws and tighten the heat sinks to the board. When you reheat all you are doing is resolder the bad connection points on the gpu or cpu depending on error code lights

exactly.

LamboW9 11-09-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by mcz34man (Post 4441046)
if you want it to work right and not have to keep fixin do not put the xclamp on again get the nylon washers and the screws and tighten the heat sinks to the board. when you reheat all you are doing is resolder the bad connection points on the gpu or cpu depending on error code lights

yea, you need to order the proper screws and washers. the heat sinks are dependent on a certain amount of pressure to be on top of the cpu and gpu so if there is no connection then you will get the red rings, if there is too much pressure then you will get the red rings. i fussed with the screws and washers and had mixed results, then i put back on the factory X-Clamp and it worked and has worked great.

if you don't wanna deal with the screws you can always clean everything as stated before, and resinstall the factory X-clamps and get a set of talismoon fans (25$) they replace stock fans and increase cooling which heat is the reason its red rings anyway. you should also try to keep a good airflow around the xbox and in a cooler temperature and you shouldn't have any problems then.