Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/supporting-vendor-deals-group-purchases-133/)
-   -   MCI - Auto Sunroof and Window Controllers (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/supporting-vendor-deals-group-purchases-133/mci-auto-sunroof-window-controllers-288515/)

mcottingham 10-24-2012 03:33 PM

MCI - Auto Sunroof and Window Controllers

Hey Guys,

You may have seen my "illegal" posts regarding the Auto Sunroof and Power Window modules before they were deleted. I have since gone legit with CobaltSS.net and have become a supporting vendor.

To celebrate my first day as a vendor on CobaltSS.net I would like to offer a $10.00 discount to everyone that places an order with me before EOD tomorrow.

There are 2 ways to instantiate this purchase:
  1. You can order through my site for full price and I will refund $10.
  2. You can send me a PM and I'll send you an invoice through paypal.

Product details and online ordering is available here: Cobalt/G5/Redline Sunroof Control Module - Mike Cottingham Industries

Cheapest mod on the market! $59.99 +sh

Crazy easy installation! 15 minutes or less! Instructions here: http://mikecottingham.ca/products/manuals/scm.pdf

You could save yourself 1.5 seconds each time you vent by installing the sunroof module. Assuming that you vent 2 times per trip and you make 4 trips per day (to work, to lunch, back from lunch, back home) for a total of 8 vent operations, you would save yourself approximately 73 hours of holding down the button in a year! WOW!

Here are a few videos that people that have purchased the module have uploaded:
Automatic Sunroof Control Module For Chevrolet Cobalt - YouTube
Cobalt/G5 Automatic Sunroof Module - YouTube

Cheers,

Mike

juan1101 10-24-2012 03:37 PM

Not bad on the price when I was reading thru it I was expecting in the 100$$ range I have one questions though what about if u just want to open it half way ?? I can't see the video at this time so idk if the question is answer in the video

rectorc08 10-24-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by juan1101 (Post 6757309)
Not bad on the price when I was reading thru it I was expecting in the 100$$ range I have one questions though what about if u just want to open it half way ?? I can't see the video at this time so idk if the question is answer in the video

Yeah he mentions it in the video. You can stop it wherever you want it by pushing it the other way.

Props to the developer. I know how much time it takes to develop a product like this. I will be purchasing one of these very very soon! :twothumbs

mcottingham 10-24-2012 03:41 PM

The module reads all 4 possible positions of the switch (off, open-vent, open-all, close) and performs the operation autonomously. You can also stop the glass at any point if you want.

riceburner 10-24-2012 03:43 PM

yes you can open it halfway ^^

mcottingham 10-24-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by rectorc08 (Post 6757313)
Props to the developer. I know how much time it takes to develop a product like this. I will be purchasing one of these very very soon! :twothumbs

Thank you, yes, this was quite a lot of work. It's a relatively simple design, however, the sunroof motor draws an s-ton of power which definitely complicated things.

rectorc08 10-24-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mcottingham (Post 6757323)
Thank you, yes, this was quite a lot of work. It's a relatively simple design, however, the sunroof motor draws an s-ton of power which definitely complicated things.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I've wrote code and all that good shit for things like these, and you have to be precise on what goes into them without "burning" them up.

gone_in_10_sec 10-24-2012 04:21 PM

Mike, Congrads on being a supporting vendor!!

For all of the guys/gals out there, this is one of the products you'll need to have.. never need to hold the button to open or close the sunroof while driving..

I've had mine for over 10 months now, and I have not had a single problem since installing it. Not one, super easy to install, works as designed..

Its been used in the cold winter months [North PA] as well in the hot summer months [Ocean city, Myrtle Beach & Virginia Beach] and still works like a charm..

rectorc08 10-24-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec (Post 6757389)

For all of the guys/gals out there, this is one of the products you'll need to have.. never need to hold the button to open or close the sunroof while driving..

I've had mine for over 10 months now, and I have not had a problem since installing it. Not one, super easy to install, works as designed..

Its been used in the cold winter months [North PA] as well in the hot summer months [Ocean city & Virginia Beach] and still works like a charm..

Awesome! I'm definitely going to buy one! People always ask, why isn't your sunroof automatic!? lol

mcottingham 10-24-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec (Post 6757389)

I've had mine for over 10 months now, and I have not had a single problem since installing it. Not one, super easy to install, works as designed..

Its been used in the cold winter months [North PA] as well in the hot summer months [Ocean city, Myrtle Beach & Virginia Beach] and still works like a charm..

Hey, thanks! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your module.

I should mention guys, I have a new version out that is a bit smaller then the ones that were sold several months ago, it even includes an enclosure! No more ESD bags!

damastah 10-24-2012 05:17 PM

oh mike! nice to hear from you again! i was wondering what happened to you

mcottingham 10-24-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by damastah (Post 6757489)
oh mike! nice to hear from you again! i was wondering what happened to you

Hey! Yeah, I got banned for trying to sell my stuff without a vendor agreement. Nothing that a few hundred well placed dollars couldn't fix :).

Silv3r 10-24-2012 07:18 PM

I bought one of the first few sunroof controllers off Mike, been in the car for a few months now, works great!
Wish the car had come with this from the factory, don't hesistate on grabbing one.

rectorc08 10-24-2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silv3r (Post 6757710)
I bought one of the first few sunroof controllers off Mike, been in the car for a few months now, works great!
Wish the car had come with this from the factory, don't hesistate on grabbing one.

Chevy could have at least included them with the SS version...but instead not at all. :r:

mcottingham 10-24-2012 10:46 PM

Agreed. That said you can bet that if Chevy were to include this that it wouldn't include auto close.

rectorc08 10-24-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by mcottingham (Post 6758139)
Agreed. That said you can bet that if Chevy were to include this that it wouldn't include auto close.

Yeah that's probably a no. lol They like to skimp out on some things...perfect example!

Acey 10-24-2012 10:48 PM

My Z24 Cavy sunroof was automatic in this fashion. Mind = blown as to why GM downgraded here. Oh wait, I know why... cause they're cheap bastards.

mcottingham 10-24-2012 10:51 PM

Seems like there is a ton of interest in this product again today. Why's everyone so shy to pull the trigger? $10 discount ends tomorrow evening at 11:59pm.

Bass_Waves 10-24-2012 10:56 PM

any installation instructions?

rectorc08 10-24-2012 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bass_Waves (Post 6758165)
any installation instructions?

It's on the website, but here ya go :)

http://mikecottingham.ca/products/manuals/scm.pdf

mcottingham 10-24-2012 11:01 PM

Yes. They are on my website here: http://mikecottingham.ca/products/manuals/scm.pdf

I would give this to my 5 year old niece to install. It is super easy! Installs in less than 15 minutes.

Acey 10-24-2012 11:01 PM

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I I still had a Cobalt, especially since you're local. I'll see what I can do to spread the word.

rectorc08 10-24-2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by mcottingham (Post 6758176)
Yes. They are on my website here: http://mikecottingham.ca/products/manuals/scm.pdf

I would give this to my 5 year old niece to install. It is super easy! Installs in less than 15 minutes.

Post that link in the OP. :twothumbs

mcottingham 10-24-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Acey (Post 6758177)
I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I I still had a Cobalt, especially since you're local. I'll see what I can do to spread the word.

That'd be awesome! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by rectorc08 (Post 6758180)
Post that link in the OP. :twothumbs

Good call. Editing now...

cobaltss#01 10-25-2012 02:03 AM

just put an order in for the window switches.