Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Eibach front and rear sway bar review

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Eibach front and rear sway bar review

Hey Everyone,
This is my review of the Eibach front and rear sway bar. I’ve had this on my car for over a year now and I thought I’ve got the very best in high quality service when it came to there product. The rear installation was easy but the front sway install was a pain. For handling I have to say this is the best combo you can get even on the road it’s amazing to have the best handling from front and rear sway well at least that’s what I thought. Anyways, I figured out that the steer mount bolts where loose with the front sway so I fixed it and no more grinding sounds. The rear sway I thought I can get best quality service compared to the top brand of Ottp performance because I wanted to save some money and get top end performance.

Boy I was wrong, just yesterday I heard some strange noises coming from the back of my car, I thought it might have been something loose in the back so I checked it out today and found out that my rear sway bar from Eibach broke. Yep that’s right it BROKE!!! Over a year, that’s got to be the best high end quality of eibach for you. I’m even more scared that I still have the front sway bar from eibach and waiting for that one to break lol. If you want something that makes it over a year and breaks go on ahead with eibach. Maybe there springs are good but don’t go for there rear sway bar. It’s a joke and laughing at myself that I wanted to save some money. I’m going for Ottp instead that’s what I should of done in the first place, but like some of us here we want to save some money and buy something more affordable. My hard and expensive lesson (Well considering if you get a supercharger/turbo charger install from ZZP etc.), get the best performance brand. The best thing I’ve invested in my car so far was Pedders, front and rear springs those suckers are great for handling.

So for anyone thinks that eibach has great quality especially with the rear sway think about it twice. I’m sure there springs are fine but think twice before getting a rear sway. I’m just gonna keep the eibach front sway until it breaks then complete this review.
So for those wanting to know what it’s like to have eibach front and rear sway bars look at this review, the pictures don’t lie either.

For anyone wondering, I can't get my money back since I installed it myself and voids there dumb warranty, They were brand spanking new in the box and bought it directly from there website. Wish I didn't do that lol, but hey what I can say. The good thing, at least the noise has stop lol

Last edited by KoriCobalt; 05-05-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear man, that sucks

I would contact Eibach and tell them what happened and send them a pic if they don't believe you and see what they can do for you

Then go from there

:edit: Just read that you can't get your money back, but can't they send you knew ones or something I mean that is a faulty product
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by KoriCobalt

]
Here's what a WELL designed bar should look like:

There's also a PLATE that installs inside the trailing arm (under the spring perch) where the bolts mount.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Sorry to hear man, that sucks

I would contact Eibach and tell them what happened and send them a pic if they don't believe you and see what they can do for you

Then go from there

:edit: Just read that you can't get your money back, but can't they send you knew ones or something I mean that is a faulty product
Yeah I wish, but I've read the warrant and it states that a professional must install the item otherwise it voids the warrant if anything where to happen even this. It's alright man not too much of a loss to me, except money wise lol, just learned a lesson that's all and want others to know
Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by ronn
Here's what a WELL designed bar should look like:

There's also a PLATE that installs inside the trailing arm (under the spring perch) where the bolts mount.
Dang man what brand is that? looks way better than mine lol
Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Yep, TTR rear bar did the same to me. Switched to the Progress bar, which is still on the car. Once I get some cash saved up, I'm going to order a bar from Powell.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 PM

Yeah I wish, but I've read the warrant and it states that a professional must install the item otherwise it voids the warrant if anything where to happen even this. It's alright man not too much of a loss to me, except money wise lol, just learned a lesson that's all and want others to know
Hell I would just tell them that a performance shop did the install, your bar broke, and the shop went belly up that might work
Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 PM

If I'm not mistaken same thing happened to some guy @ yc
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Yep, TTR rear bar did the same to me. Switched to the Progress bar, which is still on the car. Once I get some cash saved up, I'm going to order a bar from Powell.
I guess I can also look into other brands but I think I'll stay with the Ottp rear sway does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I use to be all about Eibach back in the day.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM

I guess I can also look into other brands but I think I'll stay with the Ottp rear sway does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?
Get the bar directly from Powell, IIRC OTTP's bar is no longer made by Powell.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 PM

not a surprise. flattening the end of a tube or bar for attachment works in many instances, go look at the front cobalt sway bar ends.

But the twisting beam on a Cobalt is different. The folks that copy my stuff dont understand how it works, with the twist/shear and roll center points.
so make your choices and to the OP good write up, sorry for your pain, get hold of me we can make something work for you maybe...part exchange for your front bar? interested in testing that.

pm me if interested.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gremlin85
Damn, that sucks. I use to be all about Eibach back in the day.
^^^^this

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Get the bar directly from Powell, IIRC OTTP's bar is no longer made by Powell.
assuming they copy them....good bet alley cat....sad to say.

Last edited by qwikredline; 05-05-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by qwikredline
not a surprise. flattening the end of a tube or bar for attachment works in many instances, go look at the front cobalt sway bar ends.

But the twisting beam on a Cobalt is different. The folks that copy my stuff dont understand how it works, with the twist/shear and roll center points.
so make your choices and to the OP good write up, sorry for your pain, get hold of me we can make something work for you maybe...part exchange for your front bar? interested in testing that.

pm me if interested.
Naw man it's ok, I'm just gonna run it down and see how long it can last lol. It's alright I'm just putting this up for everyone to see what happens when you buy an Eibach rear sway, I have a question does a rear sway bar have to have rear bushings two?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Lightbulb

Dang man what brand is that? looks way better than mine lol
Got it directly from Powell Racing in Canada. It's the entry level version *street bar*.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Hell I would just tell them that a performance shop did the install, your bar broke, and the shop went belly up that might work
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, the only thing is I don't want another Eibach rear sway ready to break for 2012 lol
Old 05-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Naw man it's ok, I'm just gonna run it down and see how long it can last lol. It's alright I'm just putting this up for everyone to see what happens when you buy an Eibach rear sway, I have a question does a rear sway bar have to have rear bushings two?
not the way a twisting beam works. the rear sway bar is adding torsional stiffness to the twisting beam which is a gigantic sway bar if you like, all in itself. Thats why the material the manner of attachment is so important...no bushings needed.

not the way a twisting beam works. the rear sway bar is adding torsional stiffness to the twisting beam which is a gigantic sway bar if you like, all in itself. Thats why the material and the manner of attachment is so important...no bushings needed.

Last edited by qwikredline; 05-06-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2011, 02:21 AM

Eibachs warranty is really good, when my rear spring snapped I sent it back and it was replaced with no questions asked.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:39 AM

ive never had a prob with eibach warranty.... usually really good quality stuff.... sorry to see your headache.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eibach springs for the cobalt are good but the swaybars suck lol john powell all the way hands down i love my red hardcore bar!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by SuperSport4
ive never had a prob with eibach warranty.... usually really good quality stuff.... sorry to see your headache.
Yeah I'm sure I could just call them show them my pictures and they'll send me another one, maybe I can sell it or something but don't want this to happen to no one else lol.

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt
eibach springs for the cobalt are good but the swaybars suck lol john powell all the way hands down i love my red hardcore bar!
Yeah that's what I should of done in the first place, I focus my car on the base of handling, I don't care too much about HP, would be nice to add a supercharger to my balt
Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 PM

I was getting ready to order one to match my springs,but this is a deal killer. E-bay has progress 22mm rear and it's solid so I'm going to look into these.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM

Update: I got intouch with an Eibach rep, they didn't ask for anything but pictures of what happened, that's it, they said they have to make more and a new shipment should be ready by the end of June to early july.

I like how they didn't ask me anything except my shipping address and current updates. The only problem it's gonna be a while before I get another thinking about selling it when I do receive it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 PM

how much?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Studmuffin02
how much?
Not sure yet, I'll just wait until I get it, then I'll decide on the price

Quick Reply: Eibach front and rear sway bar review