Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/suspension-67/)
-   -   im stuck on what coilover system to get. (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/suspension-67/im-stuck-what-coilover-system-get-246375/)

SC BlK SS 03-31-2011 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ting-ting (Post 5673777)
Buy my stance coils

+1 if you have the cash. I just put on Sportlines for the rest of this summer but if you got the $ theses are well worth it. IMO

chingajose 03-31-2011 09:43 PM

to be more specific i am wanting more street coilovers. i dont race or anything. more for drop and comfortable too.

whyyoumadson? 03-31-2011 09:58 PM

did you ignore what i said....stance or hsd for street use. end of story. you want comfortable stay stock because no coilovers will give you a better then stock ride comfort. they are all stiffer

chingajose 03-31-2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5675295)
did you ignore what i said....stance or hsd for street use. end of story. you want comfortable stay stock because no coilovers will give you a better then stock ride comfort. they are all stiffer

got ya! lol i understand u wont get the ride quality of stock. thanks i appreciate it. where can u get hsd coils?

06_SIC_SS 03-31-2011 10:04 PM

john powell.. powell raceshop.... autowerks too? maybe.. whyyoumadson can rep u there

whyyoumadson? 03-31-2011 11:03 PM

i get get you hsd..... gotta talk to my supplier...stance is on back order.

G11 04-01-2011 01:28 AM

what about for track use what do you suggest?

BartSS 04-01-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5675446)
i get get you hsd..... gotta talk to my supplier...stance is on back order.

THMotorsports has Stances in stock. Well Togue Factory has them thats who stcks them

And as far as height adjustment goes u just gotta take the wheels off

whyyoumadson? 04-01-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by G11 (Post 5675773)
what about for track use what do you suggest?

For what the roadcoarse??? Kw variant 2s or if you have money to burn ohlins, anze, or konis racing stuff but for looking at 3k to 8k for that stuff. Kw variant 2s are a lot cheaper and are more then you will probablly ever need. This is if your dead set on coilovers of coarse. If your not concerned with being super low and want the best handling for right now pedders springs on fe5 or koni struts.

For drag a set of coilovers with drag bags in the rear

Oh bartss you know who I am.......I had stances before you and hooked you up with yours. Im just under a different name

jlong3382 04-01-2011 09:17 AM

I wish I would have bought coilovers instead of springs and Koni's.

coopercharge 04-01-2011 09:48 AM

I know im going to get flamed for saying this, but I hear the Megan Racing Coilovers are actually pretty dang good.

10cobaltss 04-01-2011 10:57 AM

I'm currently looking at BC Coilovers. 30 way adjustable. you can change up the stiffness slightly. plus 2 inch height adjustable. risen all the way up you get a 1 inch drop out of the box. plus an additional 2 inches of leeway drop. im getting em in the next month or so. I had a friend with a 240 who had em and he loved them. 1k for adjustable coilovers. MP owner was one of the people who tested them for BC for the cobalt. any take on these?

whyyoumadson? 04-01-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by jlong3382 (Post 5676046)
I wish I would have bought coilovers instead of springs and Koni's.

Buy pedders and on the koni struts its an awesome combo

whyyoumadson? 04-01-2011 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 10cobaltss (Post 5676205)
I'm currently looking at BC Coilovers. 30 way adjustable. you can change up the stiffness slightly. plus 2 inch height adjustable. risen all the way up you get a 1 inch drop out of the box. plus an additional 2 inches of leeway drop. im getting em in the next month or so. I had a friend with a 240 who had em and he loved them. 1k for adjustable coilovers. MP owner was one of the people who tested them for BC for the cobalt. any take on these?

Garbage. Just because they are good on one car doesn't mean they are good on all......the rates suck for the cobalt. We currently running them on our kappa and we are removing them because they blow and we aren't happy. Don't think because they put all this non sense in your head they are good

whyyoumadson? 04-01-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by coopercharge (Post 5676088)
I know im going to get flamed for saying this, but I hear the Megan Racing Coilovers are actually pretty dang good.

They are crap. They offer a better package for spring rrates but the fact they use the same design spring in the front is a joke. Its too short if you ask me. Megan couldn't even get their catback for the lnf cars right....they went down in size from the stock catback

10cobaltss 04-01-2011 11:51 AM

ive just heard good things about them. 1 year warantee and $100 to replace a cylinder? doesnt seem bad. i can get em for 950 shipped. but idk. any suggestions beyond them? cuz ive had my heart set one em for a while.

BartSS 04-01-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 10cobaltss (Post 5676329)
ive just heard good things about them. 1 year warantee and $100 to replace a cylinder? doesnt seem bad. i can get em for 950 shipped. but idk. any suggestions beyond them? cuz ive had my heart set one em for a while.

you can get the stances for not much more. Call THMotorsports and see what they can do for you. I dont know if i can say the price on here that i paid but its well worth it

whyyoumadson? 04-01-2011 03:23 PM

Read what I've said in this thread

AngelTiger82 04-01-2011 04:31 PM

I will be going kw v2 just gotta save the money and find a good deal.

10cobaltss 04-04-2011 12:37 PM

i like the kw's alot more than the bc's but id have to get the kw v2's because i want to do some auto cross... does everyone vote the kw v2's best for auto cross or is there a better coilover for a better price? curiosity kills me.

M.K. SS 04-08-2011 09:37 AM

i just installed my stance gr. great drop but ride is very stiff. im also on the lowest setting possible.

M.K. SS 04-08-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BartSS (Post 5676727)
you can get the stances for not much more. Call THMotorsports and see what they can do for you. I dont know if i can say the price on here that i paid but its well worth it

^^^This!!!

BartSS 04-08-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5676043)
For what the roadcoarse??? Kw variant 2s or if you have money to burn ohlins, anze, or konis racing stuff but for looking at 3k to 8k for that stuff. Kw variant 2s are a lot cheaper and are more then you will probablly ever need. This is if your dead set on coilovers of coarse. If your not concerned with being super low and want the best handling for right now pedders springs on fe5 or koni struts.

For drag a set of coilovers with drag bags in the rear

Oh bartss you know who I am.......I had stances before you and hooked you up with yours. Im just under a different name

Oh i know very well who you are haha

D_Rob 04-12-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson? (Post 5676825)
Read what I've said in this thread

Having done that, and after you said the same thing in my thread, is there any proof, even if it's word of mouth from an owner that ANYONE can point me to that the KW's are any good at all on this car? I don't assume that they're bad. I just don't assume they're good either.

I'm not trying to call you out or flame you. You just seem like you might know. I personally can't stand how much "seat of the pants" logic exists on this forum so I'd like just a touch of evidence other than hearsay from a friend of a friend.

whyyoumadson? 04-12-2011 01:12 PM

German internals vs jap internals should say enough...... better spring rates too