Tuning For tuning and related discussions

2009 lnf

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 lnf

So I do plan on going with hp tuners but my biggest thing is I don't want anyone touching my car tune who doesn't have a very well background. I've just read and heard a couple horror stories from friends and don't need that bs. My car will be full bolt on and will be equipped with the new z54 turbo so I'm trying to get the most out of the car I can while still being reliable. My biggest thing is getting someone who has been proven and wants to try out this new turbo as I've only see one guy on the forum post about it. I will be posting dyno results and general videos about it once it's all said and done. I live by Peoria IL, but have no problem remote tuning at all. Just need some help finding the one! I also don't mind pricing at all as long as it's reasonable. Sorry for the bible and thanks ahead of time!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
I'd suggest 2 people, as I know both have touched that turbo besides ZZP. Either get in touch with KMO43 on here, as I hear he does phenominal work with his clients, or do as I did and go to PWerks in Oswego, as Dave knows his **** too when it comes to the LNF. As to the turbo itself, I have one, and it's just a journal bearing version of a EFR 6758, so not much difference required in the tuning.
The following users liked this post:
KMO43 (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I will second kmo43
The following users liked this post:
KMO43 (08-05-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I would also recommend 09CobaltSS1 on here or on Facebook Jon mic, as he has taken good care of me on remote service. He is a busy guy but I'm pretty sure he still does remote tunes. He is particular, and knows these cars well as he still owns one. Kmo43 seems to also be a good one from what I've heard. There are a couple out there who have had a couple of issues. And like you say, the tuner can make or break things.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Look up Chris Zelinsky on facebook. He remote tuned me last summer and I've had zero issues minus minor things like plugs and a coil pack. He'll also give you a tune based on what you want; aggressive or basic. Some people will probably talk **** on here and say he copies tables but he doesn't. Also, if your planning on making decent power, be prepared to have to clean your valves and possibly get a catch can Or oil separator.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by cobaltssdude420
Look up Chris Zelinsky on facebook. He remote tuned me last summer and I've had zero issues minus minor things like plugs and a coil pack. He'll also give you a tune based on what you want; aggressive or basic. Some people will probably talk **** on here and say he copies tables but he doesn't. Also, if your planning on making decent power, be prepared to have to clean your valves and possibly get a catch can Or oil separator.
Unless you know how to tune how do you know if he copies tables or not? I have no idea if he does or not never looked at one of his tunes or known anyone who has.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
Unless you know how to tune how do you know if he copies tables or not? I have no idea if he does or not never looked at one of his tunes or known anyone who has.
I accused him of copying because some idiot on here told me he does. He was pretty pissed off and broke it down to me that he doesn't. I don't know how tuning works but I'm sure if you can figure out how to tune a setup exactly the same as mine, why not use that table and make adjustments as needed?