Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Tuning (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/)
-   -   Calculating Horsepower in HPTuners (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/calculating-horsepower-hptuners-327501/)

Giggleschits 03-11-2019 10:46 AM

Calculating Horsepower in HPTuners

Is there a way to roughly calculate Horsepower in HPT? I've seen a few threads on the LS forums about guys calculating out their RWHP but I can't find anything.

armcclure 03-11-2019 10:52 AM

https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/

It's fairly repeatable and within a reasonable range as long as you're on a flat road, have zero wind or tire slip, and enter your weight/tire/gear correctly.

Giggleschits 03-11-2019 11:10 AM

The one time I regret having an iPhone lol.

jdbaugh1 03-11-2019 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Giggleschits (Post 7708469)
The one time I regret having an iPhone lol.

Really? Have you ever used android? I used to have an iphone back when they were moving forwards instead of backwards.

steelmesh 03-11-2019 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7708476)
Really? Have you ever used android? I used to have an iphone back when they were moving forwards instead of backwards.

I'm stuck using an iPhone for work, it is inferior to Android, people don't know what they're missing. Also, if you buy a $800 iPhone, you shouldn't compare that to a $150 Android...a $800 Android would be the one to compare against.

Giggleschits 03-11-2019 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7708476)

I dropped android when the iPhone 8 came out because I was having a lot of issues with battery in the Note series. So I grabbed the 8Plus, then when the time came to upgrade it was between the XS Max and the Note 9, I looked at both and chose the iPhone. Sometime I regret it, I might drop iPhone when it's due for another upgrade.

jdbaugh1 03-11-2019 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giggleschits (Post 7708487)
I dropped android when the iPhone 8 came out because I was having a lot of issues with battery in the Note series. So I grabbed the 8Plus, then when the time came to upgrade it was between the XS Max and the Note 9, I looked at both and chose the iPhone. Sometime I regret it, I might drop iPhone when it's due for another upgrade.

I hear you. I just don't like how apple locks down their products and how they won't adopt standards like the USB-C. They do all this crap so you have to use other mac devices just to access the full potential. It's bad enough with tool batteries I don't need to be getting locked into a single company for all my electronic devices. Don't know if it is still this way but with my last iphone I hated how I couldn't import files onto my computer with downloading and installing itunes. I also hated that they ripped you off just to get a decent amount of storage like they would have two models and charge you out the ass for the one with more memory even though the memory is probably the cheapest component in the whole phone! The shit they do is just a slap to the face imo. I won't ever buy another phone that won't let me use a micro-SD card or some other aftermarket form of expandable memory.

I was iphone then I loved my Samsung S5. It had removable back cover so you could easily replace the battery and install memory. Then Samsung went to glass backs and curved screens and I couldn't do that anymore. Now in an LGV30 which I have enjoyed so far. I like the two camera lenses one being wide angle.

Slowbalt2000 03-13-2019 11:07 AM

Why did this turn into a phone discussion, lol. Virtual dyno can be used on PC.

Giggleschits 03-13-2019 06:44 PM

Oh it can? Is it a windows app or something? Or just a website?

Slowbalt2000 03-14-2019 04:34 PM

You take your log from hpt and plop it into the virtual dyno and it spits out a graph. Its for your pc.

ProfDNS 03-14-2019 04:57 PM

Check armclure's post.

Slowbalt2000 03-14-2019 06:16 PM

If you click that link on your desktop it takes you to the virtual dyno website, not the playstore.

Giggleschits 03-22-2019 11:40 AM

Ah! Got it. 335hp@6390rpm & 389lbft@3790rpm. I'm assuming it's displaying crank hp?

tomj77 05-03-2019 11:55 PM

I made a table for hp. You need to know your tq for the formula. Apparently I guessed correctly cause my table was 1 whp off from dyno result

Jaizero 05-28-2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000 (Post 7708645)
You take your log from hpt and plop it into the virtual dyno and it spits out a graph. Its for your pc.

I'm assuming you don't just throw an entire hour long log in there, right? Wouldn't you just want a section with a pull in it?